Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-03-2017, 09:58 PM   #1
SemyDaCop
LocoBee in da RGV

Drives: '10 Custom RY 1LT, '14 BlK SS/RS
COTW

So nobody manages this site any more? What happened to the front page? Pass it on to someone who might want to manage it.

2010 Camaro 1Lt Custom
2014 Camaro 2SS/RS Custom
SemyDaCop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 10:20 PM   #2
Talladega

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
I agree it's nice to see a different car featured, I think in the last year there has been 2 maybe 3 COTW's
Talladega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 08:48 AM   #3
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
With popularity and the gen 5 waning they do the gen 6 site, the car of the week I thought always should have been a car of the month and well we are now bastard stepchildren......LOL It was always sort of a mods choice of popularity or how much they liked the guy deal anyway.
Old 09-04-2017, 11:11 AM   #4
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
So has the Mustang taken over the 'popularity contest?' Would you say that maybe the whole muscle car thing has run its course? Someone on another thread said there's only a handful of posters here now. I'm only five years in to Camaro ownership and I'm still hooked.
Old 09-04-2017, 11:16 AM   #5
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
I've been here since 2010 love the site with its many updates and how to's.
Attached Images

PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 11:24 AM   #6
atma
disco kryptonite

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3
yeah it'd be nice to see thise get going again, even if it was COTM instead of COTW
Old 09-04-2017, 12:06 PM   #7
Strider044

Drives: 2015 2ss/rs Commemorative edition
agreed
Old 09-04-2017, 02:33 PM   #8
BLU DUCE

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IBM Camaro
Spike III Build 2011 IBM 1SS/RS [COTW 6/25/12]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider044 View Post
agreed
Agree But COTW or COTM I'm ok with either one. I & a lot of others had a chance for this. So I think it is only fair everyone else get a chance.
Old 09-05-2017, 07:04 AM   #9
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
The popularity has seen many vast posters go away, with either bans from the ADMIN or loss of interest as life is busy. Some good knowledge lost, some incomplete and searching is not all its cracked up to be on the threads. For example; Robert Way......poster of a big DIY on how to install your own cam, where did he go? Well not having a break in on the cam, not being totally sure about the right preload on his lifters, and limping it to a shop for a tune I have my ideas but hey..... I have been here for my 2011 Vert long ago when they first made them and seen lots come and go and so its quieter now but those of us who can keep out of trouble can be helpful.....
'My pet peeve was daddies little boy who wants to turn his Camaro into a replacement for the other car he was bought while living in the basement racing Miatas .... Or foul mouthed louts hating so venomously ...... Despite what you may want to think this is not the only game in town, and being able to be less than a sarcastic arse is helpful to remain.
Old 09-05-2017, 09:03 AM   #10
BLU DUCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by christianchevell View Post
The popularity has seen many vast posters go away, with either bans from the ADMIN or loss of interest as life is busy. Some good knowledge lost, some incomplete and searching is not all its cracked up to be on the threads. For example; Robert Way......poster of a big DIY on how to install your own cam, where did he go? Well not having a break in on the cam, not being totally sure about the right preload on his lifters, and limping it to a shop for a tune I have my ideas but hey..... I have been here for my 2011 Vert long ago when they first made them and seen lots come and go and so its quieter now but those of us who can keep out of trouble can be helpful.....
'My pet peeve was daddies little boy who wants to turn his Camaro into a replacement for the other car he was bought while living in the basement racing Miatas .... Or foul mouthed louts hating so venomously ...... Despite what you may want to think this is not the only game in town, and being able to be less than a sarcastic arse is helpful to remain.
Very interesting thought I like & agree.
Old 09-05-2017, 09:27 AM   #11
SSEssence
Instagram: Sangstah

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE
COW is a nice thing to upkeep for sure!

Follow the build https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=612717
SSEssence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 10:44 AM   #12
BLU DUCE

Yah know there are a lot of people that couldn't afford the new 5th gens when they came out. But the older 5th gen camaros are being bought up by these people now. And they are buying the ones that are in good shape and at a reasonable price.
And from what I have been reading from the newbies they are modding them just like us earlier ones have done.

So lets see if we can get COTW or COTM going again.
Old 09-05-2017, 12:12 PM   #13
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SemyDaCop View Post
So nobody manages this site any more? What happened to the front page? Pass it on to someone who might want to manage it.
I assume you want to manage COTW? PM some mods and see what happens. Good luck.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 05:23 PM   #14
Gunmetal Speedster

Drives: Savitar; The 500rwhp N/A Monster!
Quote:
Originally Posted by atma View Post
yeah it'd be nice to see thise get going again, even if it was COTM instead of COTW
Agreed.
*SOLD*504HP/433TQ | Night Fury cammed • Cold Air Inductions intake • Bo White ported TB • Speed Engineering 1 7/8 longtubes • NPP catback • QTP low profile cutouts • Powerbond 25% UDP • 3.73 gears • JRE scoop • ZL1 grille • R1 Concepts drilled/slotted rotors • built/tuned by Weapon X Motorsports
Gunmetal Speedster is offline   Reply With Quote