Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 07-07-2018, 06:32 PM   #1
Jake90195

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Suggestions for SLP

Hey guys. I'm new to forced induction (unless it's nitrous that I can do lol) and have the cash to buy a supercharger and decided to go with the the SLP kit (SKU 92000A) for my 2010 LS3, and for the challenge plan on installing it myself. From what I've seen on summit it says the kit comes with everything I would possibly need (including the tuner but I have other aftermarket modifications on my car so I'm.going to get a tune from.dino Steve and limp it to a dyno after its installed) except for the belt, and the fuel pump. Does anyone with experience in installing and getting this kit recommend buying or other parts to replace upon installation other than the heater hose? And do you have part numbers to go with those items? What would The number also be for The replacements belts? Thanks guys much appreciated!
Jake90195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 07:59 PM   #2
TRC-SS
700RWHP-650TQ

Drives: 2011 Forged LS3 Supercharged/Cammed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake90195 View Post
Hey guys. I'm new to forced induction (unless it's nitrous that I can do lol) and have the cash to buy a supercharger and decided to go with the the SLP kit (SKU 92000A) for my 2010 LS3, and for the challenge plan on installing it myself. From what I've seen on summit it says the kit comes with everything I would possibly need (including the tuner but I have other aftermarket modifications on my car so I'm.going to get a tune from.dino Steve and limp it to a dyno after its installed) except for the belt, and the fuel pump. Does anyone with experience in installing and getting this kit recommend buying or other parts to replace upon installation other than the heater hose? And do you have part numbers to go with those items? What would The number also be for The replacements belts? Thanks guys much appreciated!
They actually have that blower in stock? cause SLP is no longer making this blower. I have it on my car and it is a great performing supercharger. if your using the stock pulley from them then you'll be fine. make sure you have the injectors, BAP for fuel pump and a solid tune and you'll be good to go. From what i hear an easy install.