Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-07-2010, 11:42 PM   #29
My 5th

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6 Black on Black
Quote:
Its easy, if you are lazy, don't get black. You'll just obsess about how dirty it is 15 minutes after you wash it. But when its clean, black sure is purty!
Amen to that. I finally had to make a rule for my Black SS: No more than 1 wash per day.
Old 04-07-2010, 11:50 PM   #30
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
All cars come in black. Only the Camaro is available in IOM! you could always compromise and do black with orange stripes or my favorite IOM with black stripes. You really can't go wrong either way.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 12:18 AM   #31
WhitePony

Drives: IOM 2LT/RS
IOM hides dirt really well, even more than I expected. I drive on dirt a lot, and you don't see it until you're only a few feet away. Black may look great, but you have to wash it all the time.

I don't think IOM looks red unless its really overcast or night. Here's mine on an average day:

That being said, I really like the black with IOM stripes, too. And add the IOM interior!
WhitePony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 12:40 AM   #32
LazyYoYo
Yep, that just happened.

Drives: Norma Jean, '10 Black 1SS/RS
Black is sexy but you gotta keep it clean
LazyYoYo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 09:12 AM   #33
2KWIK4U

Drives: 1969 Camaro and 2014 Camaro vert
I like them both but IOM with a flat black upper half would solve the "keeping it clean" problem, won't it?

Danny

" I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" -John Wayne "The Shootist"
2KWIK4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 09:19 AM   #34
CamaroCowboy

Drives: 2013 Chevy Truck
IOM is the way to go if you want to turn heads wherever you go.
CamaroCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 09:37 AM   #35
JMS

Drives: IOM Black stripes, A6, IO interior.
You know, it is a matter of what you really want. I have owned many black rides, the last one a black 96 SS Impala. Stunning but a real hard ordeal to keep clean. I went with the IOM on mine and I think it is a great color. I think it might be a pain in the butt to match the paint, in the event of a accident. I saw a Black 2SS the other day with dark pewter stripes that was very tasteful. I did not think i would like the dark silver stripes until i saw it. Looked like a million bucks. Again it is a personal thing, but Hey you got the right idea on the Car. I really like mine so far, 2SS, IOM A6 with the IO interior. Only a shade of 1000 miles on it but it is a hoot to drive.
JMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 09:39 AM   #36
Tal

Drives: Old
Black is a good choice but there are tons of black cars out there. But it is more work to keep lokoing good, and in some states like Oklahoma you don't want anything to make your car any hotter in the summer.

IOM is also a good choice, it will naturally draw the eye a bit more, particularly in sunlight. This can be nice, but it can also be bad at the wrong time. Between the two I favor IOM.
Tal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 09:46 AM   #37
LookingGlass
Future Chevy Owner

Drives: Impatiently waiting!!!
Send a message via Yahoo to LookingGlass
I love a deep black car, but the thought of buffing out the inevitable swirls later down the road makes me cringe!

Personally I'm torn between Yellow and IOM....
LookingGlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 10:58 AM   #38
Bond
Heritage Hanger

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS, Black.
I was gonna say black, (it's what I got) however if youre gonna go with stripes, then maybe IOM is the way to go. I just wanted clean black, but had contemplated flat black rallys. If you want contrasting stripes, then yeah... I'd probably pick IOM.

Keeping The Spirit Alive!
Bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 11:09 AM   #39
khislop007
ZEUSS

Drives: Hard!
I must say the black looks awesome with the IOM stripes........buy my God is black a pain in the ass to keep clean. I had 2 black vehicles but down to one now and no way I was getting my car in black so I went with IOM with the black stripes......everyday I look at my car it just puts a big grin on my face!
Attached Images

Old 04-08-2010, 11:15 AM   #40
Lydon

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
I have a black with IOM stripes and the ONLY gripe I have is that the stripes look RED under certain lighting - actually more often than not - and I truly love the orange when it comes through. But bright sunlight def makes them look red. It's agreed that the black is work to keep it clean, but wow does it look good! Wouldn't trade mine for anything else, except maybe the DARK BLUE.
Old 04-08-2010, 03:21 PM   #41
VR Code R6P

Drives: 2011 Race Red GT500 w/ SVT Perf Pkg
Go with IOM with white stripes, and IOM interior. Too many Black cars.
VR Code R6P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 05:11 PM   #42
dragon22

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SIM
I too, was going back and forth between IOM and black. I saw a couple of IOM in person before I saw a black one. If you want a color that not every tom, dick and harry have, then you don't want black. If you want a color that looks absolutely stunning and is guaranteed to turn heads, go with black. Some are deterred by swirl marks. I have seen swirl marks on every kind of car and it is generally due to the fact that people just don't know how to wash and dry them.

Whatever color you get, don't let the dealer wash the car. If you are friends with a detailer and they truly know how to wash a car, ask the salesman to go to the car wash with the two of you and have your friend wash and dry the car. The salesman can witness any flaws you may find in the process.

Black is like a mirror when it is detailed. It is amazing! Needless to say, I went with black and have a friend who details as a sideline. I have not regretted my decision.
dragon22 is offline   Reply With Quote