Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics > Engine | Exhaust | Bolt-On | Drivetrain Modifications

Old 09-04-2018, 04:48 PM   #1
F4Pilot

Drives: 2015 Camaro ZL1
JDP ZLR Rough Idle cam VS BTR Stage 3

Afternoon everyone

Does anyone know or have any opinions on the JDP ZL-R Rough Idle Cam vs the BTR Stage 3? Im looking into purchasing the JDP Camshaft package so both options include the same items just a difference in camshaft. The specs are slightly different. Looks like a good deal either way but can someone tell me what the difference is? Everyone has vids of the BTR stage 3 none of the ZLR. Currently building to be a street monster, and currently untuned due to the only dyno/performance shop within a reasonable distance in my area being non responsive, I'm now debating on if I even want to take my vehicle there. I currently have a Rotofab intake w big gulp, ARH 2x3 catless headers, Corsa catback, wastegate mod, Elite Oil catch can that's all I can think of at the moment all installed by myself. Despite the gripe on untuned headers I believe it runs fine, seemed to adjust to the headers on its own w a check engine light on of course most likely rear o2s. But until I can find a reliable tuner im just going to take the L unless theres proof other than less potential HP with a tune that engine damage can occur. With the cam im also going to be installing ID 1050x or ID1300s haven't made up my mind yet just stuck on the cam. Lumpiness and sound isn't a priority I just want the one that will make me go faster.

JDP ZL-R Rough Idle
232/244 .629/.629 115+4 LSA
High Quality 5150 Billet Core

BTR Stage 3 Rough Idle
231/248 .617/.595 120+5 LSA

In the kit.
Cam choice
JDP Motorsports 3-bolt cam conversion kit with Katech C5-R timing chain
BTR LSx .660" lift platinum valve spring kit with titanium retainers
Straub Bushed Trunion Upgrade w/Hardware and BTR 1-Piece pushrods
GM gaskets and seals - front cover gasket/seal, water pump gaskets
ARP balancer bolt
Melling LS series oil pump - 10295

Thanks.
F4Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 08:27 PM   #2
ZO6 Bryan

Drives: 02 Z06, 95 Trans Am, 2012 ZL1
BTR3 has 0 deg overlap
JDP cam 8 deg overlap

BTR will have better idle and better torque down low as well as better high RPM torque
JDP cam will have rougher idle and less torque down low but should have slightly better mid-range torque.