Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 12-01-2018, 03:17 AM   #1
Mergenthal145
DanielcamaroLt1

Drives: 2018 camaro v6 Lt1
2018 camaro v6 Lt1 twin turbo

So can anyone help me with this i’m looking to twin turbo my v6 6th gen I have the turbos whitch are 77mm idk if that is just to much I just got them for free from my dad they are brand new but finding the parts I need to make this such as the intercooler I can’t find no where so any suggestions? Also has anyone ever done this before?
Attached Images

Mergenthal145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 07:37 AM   #2
Nsxmatt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro
Turbos are way too big. You need to plan how much power you plan to make and build a kit around the power levels, not plan around the turbos. With the room in the engine bay, it would be easier, cheaper, and more reliable to go with a larger single unit.
Nsxmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 09:11 AM   #3
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
You do you. I'd love to see this happen your going to hafta custom fab pretty much every pipe I'd suggest getting started looking at Mishimoto Intercoolers most are universal and they have a wide array of choices and power level support. 2nd figure out your fueling needs and desired power level configuration because the stock V6 lpfp probably won't be effective over 400whp without meth or some other fueling boost. Most drop in a ZL1 lpfp at that point. Next your concern will be the hpfp and engine fuel delivery not sure what's available for a V6 but a bigger fuel lobe camshaft and forged rods and pistons are a must. Anyone race tuned with an overkill supercharger can attest.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 09:48 AM   #4
Mergenthal145
DanielcamaroLt1

Well i’m not wanting a single unit i want a twin and idc on the price and ima prefab all the pipes as I have a pipe binder and stuff and I figured the turbos were too big so how big can I go with out doing internals. Also i’m going to tune it to run e85. I was just having troubles finding an intercooler for mine
Old 12-01-2018, 10:29 AM   #5
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mergenthal145 View Post
Well i’m not wanting a single unit i want a twin and idc on the price and ima prefab all the pipes as I have a pipe binder and stuff and I figured the turbos were too big so how big can I go with out doing internals. Also i’m going to tune it to run e85. I was just having troubles finding an intercooler for mine
Best person to ask that for the V6 LGX is probably Dustya he has the Overkill Supercharger and has had to replace his i believe. I would figure the stock ones are good til past 425whp but as far as an authority it's probably Dustya or Overkill themselves another option is trying to contact 5th gen owners i know the LGX is a different motor but i bet you they have massive amounts of insight and knowledge that could help you. IPS and JantzenOKC are the two that come to mind.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 10:32 AM   #6
Mergenthal145
DanielcamaroLt1

Would have got an ss but I was not paying 800$ car payment that’s rediculous and I just wana be different from others and have a twin turbo v6 would be really cool just finding the parts is impossible
Old 12-01-2018, 10:39 AM   #7
Mergenthal145
DanielcamaroLt1

Also if I did do internals where could I get that?
Old 12-01-2018, 10:43 AM   #8
DaveC113

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Not trying to be a downer, but if you're asking these questions the project is beyond your skill level. You'll either have to pay someone to do a lot of it or choose a simpler project.

If you choose to do this, the motor will need an expensive rebuild using forged parts and lower compression + all the other stuff... You'll need $20k or so in the bank and also you'll need to be ok with something going wrong and costing you much more. Basically, this is going to make payments on a SS seem very reasonable.

I'd also think you can get a used SS for a lot less than $800/month... like half that.
DaveC113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 01:44 PM   #9
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Moved to Forced Induction Discussions

Carry on

-DG
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 09:24 PM   #10
hitmix300
2016 loaded 2SS

Drives: Maverick X3 Turbo R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mergenthal145 View Post
Would have got an ss but I was not paying 800$ car payment that’s rediculous and I just wana be different from others and have a twin turbo v6 would be really cool just finding the parts is impossible
I like the creativeness, but let's be real. If your going to take on a challenge like this; it's best to start with a platform that's has a lot more aftermarket support. The ss model of your car has just that.

At the end of the day, you would take "really cool" or "different" over actually being quick?

//my2cents
hitmix300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 01:15 PM   #11
Nsxmatt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC113 View Post
Not trying to be a downer, but if you're asking these questions the project is beyond your skill level. You'll either have to pay someone to do a lot of it or choose a simpler project
Exactly. Just being trolled. I’ve done many custom turbo kits and a customer with unrealistic expectations is a worst nightmare.
Nsxmatt is offline   Reply With Quote