Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 09-29-2010, 06:54 PM   #1
flyby

Drives: 2010 Silver SS
Driveshaft anyone?

Does anyone know of anyone besides Hendrix "making" drive shafts. Apparently there is something extremely hard about making high horsepower two piece shafts and one piece shafts have alot of vibration at speed. Just wondering.
flyby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 07:04 PM   #2
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyby View Post
Does anyone know of anyone besides Hendrix "making" drive shafts. Apparently there is something extremely hard about making high horsepower two piece shafts and one piece shafts have alot of vibration at speed. Just wondering.
Check out GForce Engineering. They are a Camaro5 sponsor and make some top notch 1 piece shafts.

Last edited by Apex Motorsports; 09-29-2010 at 07:20 PM.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 07:12 PM   #3
Xtreme Innovations & Fab
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
[QUOTE=flyby;2385595]Does anyone know of anyone besides Hendrix "making" drive shafts. Apparently there is something extremely hard about making high horsepower two piece shafts and one piece shafts have alot of vibration at speed. Just wondering.[/QUOTI

If you have 9" conversion , any driveshaft shop can make one up. I personally would put a 3" chromoly onepiece shaft in. That is more shaft than you will ever need.
Xtreme Innovations & Fab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 07:17 PM   #4
GFORCE1320

Drives: 05 GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyby View Post
Try the driveshaftshop for a 2 piece, that’s who makes them. We wont make 2 piece shafts. Too many problems..
Our one piece shafts don’t vibrate and never have. They don’t vibrate if you make them right and use a billet pinion yoke.
We have a very nice 1 piece carbon fiber driveshaft for the Camaro. We just shipped one out yesterday to Loud Pedal Motorsports in Arizona to install on a tricked out shop car. Maybe I can get them to get on here and let everyone know how well it works out.
We've never ever had any vibration problems with any of our shafts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
Check out GForce Engineering. They are a Camaro5 sponsor and make some top notch 1 piece shafts.
Thanks! I appreciate that

Last edited by GFORCE1320; 09-29-2010 at 07:53 PM.
GFORCE1320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 07:19 PM   #5
Hendrix-Engineering
Account Suspended

Drives: First 9 inch-12 bolt IRS Camaro
We probaly have a couple a dozen shafts out in the 2010 camaro now with our 9 inch,working great.We are finishing up our onepiece now and it is vibration free .We are turning the prototype pieces int production pieces in the next 30 days on the one piece,the two piece will be released most likely next week .Any one going to the lsx shootout is welcome to come by the booth and check out the 1 piece,the 2 piece and our new carbon fiber piece.
Hendrix-Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 10:41 AM   #6
600hp-lpe

Drives: 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix-Engineering View Post
We probaly have a couple a dozen shafts out in the 2010 camaro now with our 9 inch,working great.We are finishing up our onepiece now and it is vibration free .We are turning the prototype pieces int production pieces in the next 30 days on the one piece,the two piece will be released most likely next week .Any one going to the lsx shootout is welcome to come by the booth and check out the 1 piece,the 2 piece and our new carbon fiber piece.
Hendrix,
It sure would be nice if you learned how to post a picture of your products.

Can someone at your company learn enough Marketing skills to advertise your products effectively???? you might sell a lot more stuff that way...

You know, Pictures sell more than words in a thread. A REAL web site with pictures of your products would be a great tool for your company to sell and promote your products. Then you could direct people to the link on your website for an item.

That's about the only reason I havn't bought anything from you... I am still waiting to see what *any* of your items look like.
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 09:00 PM   #7
Hendrix-Engineering
Account Suspended

Drives: First 9 inch-12 bolt IRS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 600hp-lpe View Post
Hendrix,
It sure would be nice if you learned how to post a picture of your products.

Can someone at your company learn enough Marketing skills to advertise your products effectively???? you might sell a lot more stuff that way...

You know, Pictures sell more than words in a thread. A REAL web site with pictures of your products would be a great tool for your company to sell and promote your products. Then you could direct people to the link on your website for an item.

That's about the only reason I havn't bought anything from you... I am still waiting to see what *any* of your items look like.
Thank you for your coments,anybody that needs a product we sell usually gives us a call or we speak to them first hand at the many events we attend and sponcer such as the upcoming LSX shootout.Open any hiperformance magazine and you will probaly find our parts inside,look into any market were in and you will see that the top guys run our parts.We are a small customer orianted company,we like the one on one feed back we get dealing with the customers first hand or working with one of our many dealers.Hendrix-Engineering has customer service second to none. Pictures are nice but weve never had anyone disapointed when they opened up one of our boxes If there something you want to see in paticular let me know and ill be glad to get something for you
Hendrix-Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 05:09 AM   #8
flyby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix-Engineering View Post
Thank you for your coments,anybody that needs a product we sell usually gives us a call or we speak to them first hand at the many events we attend and sponcer such as the upcoming LSX shootout.Open any hiperformance magazine and you will probaly find our parts inside,look into any market were in and you will see that the top guys run our parts.We are a small customer orianted company,we like the one on one feed back we get dealing with the customers first hand or working with one of our many dealers.Hendrix-Engineering has customer service second to none. Pictures are nice but weve never had anyone disapointed when they opened up one of our boxes If there something you want to see in paticular let me know and ill be glad to get something for you
I can vouch for this. On a Saturday afternoon we were installing one of Hendrix 9 inch rears and having a few issues. We called Tom and within a few minutes he was assisting and we got the problem solved. Hendrix is very customer oriented and supplies quality parts.
Old 10-01-2010, 10:03 PM   #9
600hp-lpe

Drives: 2010
I never questioned how good or bad Hendrix's parts or customer service are.

What I would like is to see a picture, a diagram on how to install/assemble an item, a parts list, pricing, warranty, parts description, etc.

Go to the Pedders site, or lingenfelter's site and look at the parts they offer that are for sale. You can see what they look like, what they cost, what you get for your money, and what kind of warranty the part carries. You can even order the parts online without human intervention. You can even track the items that were ordered.

Here are typical questions someone would want answers to, especially if one were to spend $1500.00 or more on a driveshaft.

I want to see a picture of a driveshaft, so I can know if it is a complete kit. Does it come with ujoints? How does it connect to the rear end? does it come with the yoke that slides in the trans to connect to the front ujoint? What is the warranty on the shaft? what are the strengths and weaknesses of the part compared to stock, or another competitor's products? What are the parts dimensions? How much power can the driveshaft stand up to?
how is it balanced? what to do if there is a problem?

The last thing I would want to do is talk on the phone for 1 hour to get questions answered for a potential part, especially if I can't see it before hand. This to me is not customer service. It is the lack of a proper marketing strategy for a company and their products.
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 07:47 AM   #10
flyby

When my build is finished I plan to post pictures so you can see. You can also look in GM Hightech and Super Chevy which are covering the build also. I got the rear, axles and driveshaft from Hendrix. The completion of the buid begins next Tuesday.