Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 07-21-2011, 11:36 AM   #715
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
Thongs...FML....

I figured you would like that and make you laugh.....some people.........
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 11:45 AM   #716
dianeokie
Going places

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Victory Red
Okay, I can't open these at home and they will be deleted before long...so PM me

"just stay with traffic, you'll be fine". = famous last words
dianeokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 09:52 PM   #717
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
Shenanigans...that is all that is occurring here.
Old 07-22-2011, 07:13 AM   #718
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroKid300 View Post
Shenanigans...that is all that is occurring here.
Well we have to laugh to keep from crying over these stupid wheels.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:20 AM   #719
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Drives: Camaro LSX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
Well we have to laugh to keep from crying over these stupid wheels.
Sorry to hear about your wheels bro. I had my own problems with Savini (I'll tell you about it someday), but Nick at BFXAuto was there the whole time doing whatever he could. I'm sure it's frustrating for him having to deal with a company that doesn't seem to live up to their premium price. They obviously spend more time and effort on marketing than on product or customer service.
Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 10:37 AM   #720
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangeruss View Post
Sorry to hear about your wheels bro. I had my own problems with Savini (I'll tell you about it someday), but Nick at BFXAuto was there the whole time doing whatever he could. I'm sure it's frustrating for him having to deal with a company that doesn't seem to live up to their premium price. They obviously spend more time and effort on marketing than on product or customer service.
Yeah Nick is trying his best I guess. I really like the look of the wheels but the vibration is such an aggravation.

The funny part is the fine folks at Butler say that they really don't see many issues from Savini and if they do Savini usually takes care of it QUICK. I guess that happens when you buy ALOT of wheels from them.

We ( Em, PQ, You and I ) paid good money for these wheels and simply wanted a good product, something we did not get.

Nick is going to have these wheels picked up next Friday 7/29/11 and said that I should receive them back on 8/9/2011. He said the HE is going to ENSURE that the wheels are correct before they come back. This is not a finish issue like some have had this is a function issue which really irks me.

This has been a very valuable ( Expensive) learning lesson. I got caught up in the thought that only C5 vendors know this car and the wheels that should go on it, my ignorance and I am paying for this lesson. I really do not blame BFXAuto because he didn't make the wheels. BUT if these wheels come back ole Nick is gonna have to Pony up the refund cause I am tired of messing with these wheels.

So I guess I am starting the PQ phase of my car history by having it sit on jack stands for awhile This will never ever happen again. I guess this is why people get synical and downright rude when buying things because of issues like this. Lord help the next time I go to buy wheels and tires, that poor guy is gonna get a handful when he deals with me.

But we will see. Maybe just Maybe Savini will fix these wheels, make the hubcentric like they are supposed to be and the vibration will be gone and we can get on with getting on..........
Old 07-24-2011, 08:21 PM   #721
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Speaking of Nick. I stopped in Tuscaloosa on the way home from my son's. Talked with Nick. Yeah, that Nick. He said the Tide has all bases covered for the season. We're good.
Old 07-24-2011, 08:54 PM   #722
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
Speaking of Nick. I stopped in Tuscaloosa on the way home from my son's. Talked with Nick. Yeah, that Nick. He said the Tide has all bases covered for the season. We're good.
Until they roll into Auburn.
Old 07-24-2011, 08:59 PM   #723
garcmol

We'll see....A lot of Auburn jumped ship their junior year!
Old 07-24-2011, 09:43 PM   #724
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Quote:
We'll see....A lot of Auburn jumped ship their junior year!
I know I'm just kidding.

To be honest, I think AU is going to SUCK this year...and what a shame after a national championship... but hopefully I'll be proven wrong.

But I'll be there in the stands at every home game rooting them on win or lose....that is if i get tickets to every home game.
Old 07-25-2011, 10:16 AM   #725
garcmol

I wish I had a camera going through Tuscaloosa yesturday. We went through Thursday night heading to Mississippi so didn't see the destruction. But yesturday on the way home I couldn't believe how much damage there was! Along highway 82 there was destruction everywhere! That tornado was huge.
Old 07-25-2011, 10:27 AM   #726
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Quote:
I wish I had a camera going through Tuscaloosa yesturday. We went through Thursday night heading to Mississippi so didn't see the destruction. But yesturday on the way home I couldn't believe how much damage there was! Along highway 82 there was destruction everywhere! That tornado was huge.
Pictures do not do the destruction justice. Whole areas are just GONE. They are waiting and hoping that football season will bring revenue to help. There are places where I live that one side of the road looks normal and the other looks like a bomb went off.

What was really sad was when it was over to go to those areas and see pepole sitting on stumps, downed trees simply crying cause everything is just gone.

While most had insurance, money can not buy some things especially if they are family keepsakes. Really sad.......
Old 07-25-2011, 10:33 AM   #727
garcmol

Nope, no justice at all. I couldn't believe it. You saw I talked to Nick right?
Old 07-25-2011, 10:43 AM   #728
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Quote:
Nope, no justice at all. I couldn't believe it. You saw I talked to Nick right?
I saw that you said that....Dude I have been trying to meet that man and talk with him for awhile......Maybe Drew will bring him to the house...LOL