Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 08-28-2012, 07:31 PM   #169
GoPaul
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2LT RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklin's Bee View Post
Lookin good Gopaul, I can speak for the braided much more eye pleasing now. Did you put clamps on yours?

Haven't installed them yet, I assume you mean clamps where they slip on to the existing hard plastic hose right? I understand the fit is tight enough to not use clamps, I was just going to use hose candy shrink sleeves to finish them off.
Old 08-28-2012, 09:46 PM   #170
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
You're correct but I was wondering what those things on the end of the braided hoses were? Mine came with blue painters tape.

Also how did you paint you're plenum spacer? Did you just mask off the top and bottom? I think I'm gonna paint mine yellow
Old 08-28-2012, 09:59 PM   #171
GoPaul
H-Town Camaro Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklin's Bee View Post
You're correct but I was wondering what those things on the end of the braided hoses were? Mine came with blue painters tape.

Also how did you paint you're plenum spacer? Did you just mask off the top and bottom? I think I'm gonna paint mine yellow
I paid extra for AN type fittings, the braided hoses came with those on one end which bolt to the catch can fittings, the other ends have nothing on and just slip onto the hard hose at the manifold end and near the firewall.

Before installed the spacer I sanded the edges down first then cleaned them off. I then used blue painters tape on the top and bottom of the spacer but left a small gap so when I painted the edges it would overlap a little (this was so that I would not be able to see any of the original spacer color when the cover got installed). Another tip for painting which I used was to use a metal coat hanger and loop the hook through one of the bolt holes of the spacer and suspend the hanger from one of my bike hooks in the garage ceiling, this allowed me to get a good coat of paint evenly on the spacer.

Hope this helps and good luck.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:19 PM   #172
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Oh gotcha, I also opted for the AN fittings and got red and blue

And thanks for the tips, it looks well unfinished, not being painted. Great build once again, keep it up
Old 08-30-2012, 08:59 AM   #173
GoPaul
H-Town Camaro Club

Thinking of selling my modded engine cover as I opted for a different route after installing my painted & ported Intake Manifold (and it no longer fits..)

Just wanted to put the feelers out to see if anyone would be interested in buying it - I will need to replace the LED's and tidy it up a little first but before I start I thought I'd see if I have any takers?? tip - lesson learned - cover is best used to install for car shows etc and mild driving only, my LED's burnt and discolored a little as I left it on and drove with it on daily.

Drop me a line and we can discuss price.

Picture of my modded engine cover:
Old 08-30-2012, 10:06 AM   #174
Moreno1

Drives: G5.R
Just went through your whole thread, nice job! Keep it up
Moreno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:38 PM   #175
GoPaul
H-Town Camaro Club

Got my catch can and braided cables installed, I also bought some spectre 3/8" hose end clamps to finish off the manifold and firewall ends of the hoses. I took some pictures with my iPhone but they aren't great so I'll take some more when I get a chance.

Old 09-25-2012, 05:36 AM   #176
BACH
Delving the Ordure ...

Drives: '10 2SS/RS 6M CGM, '94 Z-71
looks good Paul

My journal: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=164741
BACH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 05:27 AM   #177
TheDarkKnightt

Drives: 2011 LS v6 Camaro
I just read through this entire build thread and i am quite impressed at how far along a v6 can actually make it with the right mods! Engine wise you have everything exact as i had on my list (except for the custom 2.5 pipe and magnaflow x-pipe) do you have any advice on what order would be best to do it in (i have a K&N Typhoon intake and an american thunder axelback system installed in my car so far) along with what you think would run better on a v6 supercharger or twin turbo? Car looks amazing by the way!
TheDarkKnightt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 01:29 PM   #178
GoPaul
H-Town Camaro Club

thanks

You have the intake and the axle back which I'd say are the correct upgrades to start with. If you are still debating on either a supercharger or turbo then I'd hold off on the headers as Long tube won't work with a turbo but are ok with a supercharger, Short tubes however will work with both I think. How about lowering springs next ? that and the ported intake manifold are probably the next biggest items on the list. You won't get any power boost with the springs but you'll feel much better improvement in the handling and it gives the car a much better look with the lower stance. If you do the ported intake manifold, consider the intake spacer or isolator aswell at the same time.

good luck
Old 10-14-2012, 01:52 PM   #179
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
So are we going to see this beast out at the Camaro Nationals in 2 weeks...
Old 10-14-2012, 02:44 PM   #180
GoPaul
H-Town Camaro Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Not sure about 'beast' but I'm way over due a turn out at one of the events so this one looks likely
Old 10-19-2012, 11:22 AM   #181
GoPaul
H-Town Camaro Club

Ordered the Trifecta E85 tune yesterday - determined to get my 1/4 times into the mid 13's.....
Old 10-19-2012, 11:24 AM   #182
GoPaul
H-Town Camaro Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
I'm trying my best but my daughter has a cheer competition and my son has a birthday party - looks like the best I could do is to get out there at 10:00am and do a few test runs. Not likely that I'll be able to hang around for the full event though.

I do want a t-shirt though! lol