Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 10-09-2012, 06:53 PM   #1
cthcarter

Drives: 2012 Black Camaro SS/RS
Hidden Camaro Compartment!

Hey guys -- Heres an interesting one for y'all. I am looking to carry in my camaro. just a standard .40 cal handgun. I have been doing this for a while in the car but I am looking for somewhere else to carry. Maybe somewhere big enough to even put my AR if I ever need it
Anyway, does anyone here have any ideas of where to put this compartment? I have absolutely zero clue! Any ideas are welcome. crazy or not!
cthcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:03 PM   #2
OmniCamaro
US Veteran

Drives: 2011 Silver Ice Metallic 2SS/RS A6
Theres not a ton of extra free space in our cars. I would think you'd need to start cutting and chopping to hide something. Seats?
Old 10-09-2012, 07:05 PM   #3
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
Someone in a thread stuck a gun in the loop in the adjustment lever under the passenger seat. It makes a decent holdster.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:48 PM   #4
camarostar2010

Drives: 2011 SS
In all honesty u should take this topic of the forum..my .02 man.
camarostar2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:49 PM   #5
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
What size is the compartment?

An AR is out of the question unless it is a SBR with a 12" barrel. I have a standard size AR with a 16" barrel and the only way I can find room for it is to lay the backseat down and lay it that way.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:26 PM   #6
Ebbsnflows

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1-1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarostar2010 View Post
In all honesty u should take this topic of the forum..my .02 man.
Why????

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthcarter
Hey guys -- Heres an interesting one for y'all. I am looking to carry in my camaro. just a standard .40 cal handgun. I have been doing this for a while in the car but I am looking for somewhere else to carry.
To the O/P...I've had the same concern. The center console is barely big enough for a stick of gum and I'd rather not use the glove-box (too far to reach in time of need)...so I've just been carrying on my person on the rare occasions I drive the SS.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:43 PM   #7
dorfmac
www.macsautodetail.com

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cthcarter View Post
Hey guys -- Heres an interesting one for y'all. I am looking to carry in my camaro. just a standard .40 cal handgun. I have been doing this for a while in the car but I am looking for somewhere else to carry. Maybe somewhere big enough to even put my AR if I ever need it
Anyway, does anyone here have any ideas of where to put this compartment? I have absolutely zero clue! Any ideas are welcome. crazy or not!
As a constitutionalist, I'm all about gun rights and the amendments and what not. That said, I'm also find guns terrifying - and that reason is not because I'm a *****.

So as a legitimate question, in what circumstance do you expect to find yourself in while driving where you would need an automatic rifle where your standard handgun just wouldn't get the job done?

If you're reasoning is "I do because I can" - that's fine too.
dorfmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:12 PM   #8
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
Oh snap! I thought the OP was talking about an airsoft.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:35 PM   #9
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black IOM
Not sure why someone cruising around in a Camaro SS would need to be ready to rock w/ an AR-15, but to each their own I guess, and I don't live in the US (Atlanta).

A better thread for this type of question would be:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88404
calbert1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:24 PM   #10
cthcarter

Drives: 2012 Black Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniCamaro View Post
Theres not a ton of extra free space in our cars. I would think you'd need to start cutting and chopping to hide something. Seats?
I have been thinking about the seats but I have no clue where to get started. I would be open to those ideas. I just have no technical experience and want ideas before I go to town on my interior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
What size is the compartment?

An AR is out of the question unless it is a SBR with a 12" barrel. I have a standard size AR with a 16" barrel and the only way I can find room for it is to lay the backseat down and lay it that way.
Well I was thinking about doing something about my "spare tire" compartment which doesnt house a spare. Somehow making that a secure area? Im not sure if that could work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorfmac View Post
As a constitutionalist, I'm all about gun rights and the amendments and what not. That said, I'm also find guns terrifying - and that reason is not because I'm a *****.

So as a legitimate question, in what circumstance do you expect to find yourself in while driving where you would need an automatic rifle where your standard handgun just wouldn't get the job done?

I am mostly worried about my 40 cal. As far as the AR? Why not? Just one of those things that I would like to have the capability if needed haha.
cthcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:56 PM   #11
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black IOM
I send the guy to the C5 firearms thread to get some answers from the guys that have guns in their Camaro's and I don't even get a thank-you. Geeezzz..... no manners on this forum.
calbert1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:17 PM   #12
f5journal
Senior Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2011 SS/RS manual - White
There's a semi hidden space next to the ends of the rear seat. Stick your hand in there and check it out
f5journal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 05:19 AM   #13
Oneflyenyceguy
Hmm...Something Clever

Drives: Blac on Blaq on Blak 2012 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorfmac View Post

Dude you OBVIOUSLY have no been watching The Walking Dead. You have got to be prepared at all times to cap any nearby walkers but remember bullets attract more of them...

Adjustments: 20% tint all around, Emblem Pros Dash plaque, Rockford Fosgate P-300/12
Oneflyenyceguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 05:35 AM   #14
its a syn
B.O.D. 02/16/10

Drives: 2010 SGM Sp. Edition 2017 RS Conver