Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 08-28-2019, 11:01 AM   #1
Traven95

Drives: 2013 2ss ls3
Lf info on traction and suspension

So I am getting ready to get a tvs2300 heartbeat and 3200 stall converter installed.
I've been told the 3200 stall is a little high because the heartbeat puts down so much low end torque and that I may just blow off the tires. I currently have 315 on 20x11s nt555g2's.
This is my daily so is there any recommendations on tires and or wheels if I do run into problems with traction on the street? (Looking for specific sizes)
Plus any other knowledge on what other mods may be helpful(suspension set up is all currently stock).
Traven95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 11:36 AM   #2
AGP Turbo

Drives: All things Turbocharged
Really depends on what other mods you are going to do other than just a bolt on TVS2300. Cause just the supercharger is only going to gain about 120hp. That's not enough to be concerned about. If it's not too late to change your mind on the stall, I would say get a 2800. A 3200 is usually better for centrifugal or turbos. Or maybe even keep stock stall and put 3.91 rear in it if you are going to be only +120hp. It's not a lot of power for the weight of these cars. And hitting it 'hard' right off the line is not that important on the street.
AGP Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 11:55 AM   #3
dreksnot
Served USN - Atomic Chimp

Drives: 13 Camaro LSX434 TT M6, 21 ZLE A10
You're asking a good question. Adding a little more power means a chance of having to add a little more beef to the suspension. One quick and relatively cheap insurance is to swap out your rear toe rods and trailing arms (e.g. BMR stuff). They'll really help reduce wheel hop, which is a killer to axles. Plus, it'll help planting the rear just a little.

In excess of 1,000WHP
LSX434 | AGP 65/65 TT | BTR Equalizer Intake | Trickflow 245cc cathedral | BTR custom cam | Cortex EBC | n2mb WOT | ID-1700x | Brisk GR12S | RPM Lv 7 TR6060 | AGP's Triple 525LPH Fore Fuel | Monster LT1-S Triple | 4.11 DSS Proform 9", CF driveshaft, 1400hp axles | Hurst Line Lock | MGW Retro Short Throw w/old skool Hurst T-handle | ADM solid subframe mounts | Prothane Motor Mounts | Revshift Poly Trans insert | Moreno camber/caster plates
dreksnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 12:39 PM   #4
Traven95

Drives: 2013 2ss ls3
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGP Turbo View Post
Really depends on what other mods you are going to do other than just a bolt on TVS2300. Cause just the supercharger is only going to gain about 120hp. That's not enough to be concerned about. If it's not too late to change your mind on the stall, I would say get a 2800. A 3200 is usually better for centrifugal or turbos. Or maybe even keep stock stall and put 3.91 rear in it if you are going to be only +120hp. It's not a lot of power for the weight of these cars. And hitting it 'hard' right off the line is not that important on the street.
After talking with the shop, I was also planning on doing a ls9 cam down the road then going with a smaller pulley possibly.
But ya I think I'll go with the bmr stuff to help out.. but you think with this stall and just the bolt on tvs2300 it shouldn't be to bad?
Traven95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 12:46 PM   #5
Greenhornet2

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS LS3 Whipple
I probably wouldn't mess with the converter if I was an auto. I have over 400WTQ at 2250 RPM. If you aren't going for max effort racing, the stock stall will be much happier for daily driving. I also get full traction on a hot day with my Hankook ventus rs3 305's
Whipple 2.9 CAI ID1050x injectors ZL1 Pump JRE FPCM JMS Voltage booster JRE Rough Idle blower cam BTR .660 springs CHE trunnion kit 1 7/8 Speed Engineering Borla Atak JRE scoop 1.5" lowering springs BMR trailing arms and toe links Cradle inserts 704WHP 603WTQ 93 octane
Greenhornet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 01:08 PM   #6
AGP Turbo

Drives: All things Turbocharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traven95 View Post
After talking with the shop, I was also planning on doing a ls9 cam down the road then going with a smaller pulley possibly.
But ya I think I'll go with the bmr stuff to help out.. but you think with this stall and just the bolt on tvs2300 it shouldn't be to bad?
I'd rightly recommend that too, but maybe a little more Cam. It's a good amount of labor putting a cam in the L99 and my gut feeling would be to spend just a little more and get a mid sized cam. A smaller pulley is of course the key to power on a blower, and more power is really the name of the game. And if you think you can get away with it in CA, do long tube headers and metallic sub strait type cats. Then you factor in stall and gears AFTER you know what kind of power you'll have. I wouldn't do a 3200 with a pullied out PD blower. That will be a bit of a tire smoker. High stalls are all about exploding power off the line, and off the line is where you have the most traction problems. I'd stay stock stall rather than go 3200 on that set-up.
AGP Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 08:58 PM   #7
ZX1truth

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Listen to the big dogs on this site. Go small on stall. 3200 is too much with a blower ....period.

LME built LSX427 w/t all Callies internals| AGP 65/65 TT | Holley Sniper Intake | Brodix BR3/LME custom ported | LME custom cam | Pro EFI 112 ECU | ID-1700x | NGK BR7EF | AGP's-Fore Triple Fuel pump | Monster LT1-S Triple | ZL1 3.23 diff, CF driveshaft, ZL1 axles | Hurst Line Lock | MGW Retro Short Throw | Pfadt solid subframe mounts | Prothane Motor Mounts | Revshift Poly Trans insert | Ground Control camber/caster plates | Accelerated Racing Solutions tuned|
God is too good! I don't deserve it, but I sure will accept it!!!

Last edited by ZX1truth; 08-30-2019 at 09:10 PM. Reason: correction
ZX1truth is offline   Reply With Quote