Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 12-08-2009, 11:26 PM   #1
Camarodriver

Drives: 1975 Camaro, 2010 2LT, 2011/2SSrs
Send a message via ICQ to Camarodriver Send a message via MSN to Camarodriver Send a message via Skype™ to Camarodriver
My Camaro visits the Ferrari dealership!

So I have a few friends at the local Ferrari dealership and they all knew I was waiting for my new 2010 Camaro. It had created quite a buzz over the last FOUR months as I waited for my car. one of the employees had a 69 Z/28 that he regretted selling and was particularly interested in taking it for a ride. I finally get the Camaro in early December, one week before our first big snow storm and I went by the dealership with my car. They invited it into the shop to put onto a lift and "take a look" at what makes my 2LT tick... well, they were indeed impressed.

This is a relative term, of course, as it shared the garage with Ferrari and Maserati motorcars of the highest standard. The cars included the Ferrari California, an FXX and many other fine examples of fine Italian steel... As one mechanic put it: GM is finally building cars that people want to buy!

Well I bought it, and I love it! We did indeed go for a ride, it was very nice indeed. They all liked it in White, it was the only white car onsite.

Unfortunately, I had brought my digital camera BUT I had forgotten my SD IN MY COMPUTER! So I was doomed to use my HTC celphone to snap a few shots. I blurred all people and plates out of respect for these anonymous owners. I hope that Enzo doesn't mind so much...

It's all about the car afficionados!
eB
Attached Images

The perma-grin effect pictured above by a good buddy giving me a ride in my Camaro!
Used 75 Camaro = $3500
Rolling restoration over 10 years = $5000
$5 of gas burned in 10 seconds = Priceless!
Camarodriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 11:38 PM   #2
LarkVille

Drives: The Larkvillemobile
Awesome garage. What's the name of that Maseratti model next to the Camaro?
LarkVille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 12:49 AM   #3
Apex Paul

Drives: Wagon Queen Family Truckster
I need to get my hands on some of those.
Apex Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 12:50 AM   #4
Axe

Drives: 2018 LS
Great shots!

Whats in the air though? Their faces are really distorted looking....must be that Italian exhaust.
Axe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 12:55 AM   #5
nichoLaS9

Drives: '96 Grand 'Hero
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarkVille View Post
Awesome garage. What's the name of that Maseratti model next to the Camaro?
it looks like a GranTuriso S. nice garage
Old 12-09-2009, 01:06 AM   #6
Jay_LHD3

Drives: 2019 F150 RCSB Abyss FX4
I like the pictures with camaro in the background. I have to say her beauty and design lines hold her own against the other $100,000+ sport cars in the room!

Last edited by Jay_LHD3; 12-10-2009 at 12:10 AM.
Jay_LHD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 01:23 AM   #7
2KZ28_For_Now
SS Shotgun Ride?!??! :-)

Drives: 2000 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by nichoLaS9 View Post
it looks like a GranTuriso S. nice garage
I think so as well. The GT-S is ....a very nice car.....

But, Love me Some 'Maros!
Old 12-09-2009, 02:59 AM   #8
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
My dream garage I will take the california, 430 scuderia, granturismo, and camaro, but a 2SS/RS in IOM please lol

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 08:10 AM   #9
91RS

Drives: 1991 RS
Listen, I love the Camaro or else I wouldnt be here, but putting it next to a bunch of Ferraris is getting a little nuts. Its like putting a silk hat on a pig. Lets be real. lol
91RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 08:30 AM   #10
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 91RS View Post
Listen, I love the Camaro or else I wouldnt be here, but putting it next to a bunch of Ferraris is getting a little nuts. Its like putting a silk hat on a pig. Lets be real. lol
You don't have one yet, do you? This car is anything but a pig and if you'll notice in the photos above, even with all those Ferraris around them look at where the crowd of people are and what they're looking at.

I noticed the same thing in October when I went to the cars and coffee event in SoCal where this huge parking lot fills with every kind of fine car you can think of. 24 of us from Cam5 had lined up our Camaros at the farthest end of the lot and people were literally walking by Ferraris which were in front of us to see our cars.

Don't underestimate the beauty of this car; pictures don't do it justice.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 08:34 AM   #11
Camarodriver

Send a message via ICQ to Camarodriver Send a message via MSN to Camarodriver Send a message via Skype™ to Camarodriver
Hey, what can I say? It is indeed another "class" of vehicle certainly but a silk hat on a pig? Who's the pig? I have driven a Ferrari, a superamerica 455, and yes it was insanely fast and controlled and all, but I guess it's all relative. If I "had" that car, I would pay off my mortgage, take a few vacations and put my kids through colledge with the extra money. I certainly wouldn't drive that car daily as I am my Camaro. Especially now that winter is here!

It's a toy for the wealthy elite only and my Camaro puts a perma-grin on my face every time I drive it. So, here's a toast to the 2010 Camaro, it can indeed sit in the same room with these cars, and it does look great doing it!

eB

The perma-grin effect pictured above by a good buddy giving me a ride in my Camaro!
Used 75 Camaro = $3500
Old 12-09-2009, 08:36 AM   #12
Camarodriver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
You don't have one yet, do you? This car is anything but a pig and if you'll notice in the photos above, even with all those Ferraris around them look at where the crowd of people are and what they're looking at.

I noticed the same thing in October when I went to the cars and coffee event in SoCal where this huge parking lot fills with every kind of fine car you can think of. 24 of us from Cam5 had lined up our Camaros at the farthest end of the lot and people were literally walking by Ferraris which were in front of us to see our cars.

Well said, Doc, well said. Interesting how MY 2010 Camaro arose a "buzz" at the Ferrari dealership because of it's great lines, because it's an everyday-man's car, because it's got a cool factor that even a Ferrari doesn't quite have. Interestingly, when I drive my Camaro around, I get heads-a-turning, but if I was to be in a Ferrari, I am JUST another Ferrari....

Let's hope the Camaro doesn't outsell the Mustang for TOO long, as the kool factor may diminish a little over time. For now, it's cool for cheap!

eB

Used 75 Camaro = $3500
Old 12-09-2009, 08:49 AM   #13
91RS

Drives: 1991 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post

No I dont have one yet. But dont misunderstand me, I think the 2010 Camaro is a thing of beauty. I mean next to a Ferrari it sor tof loses its luster.
91RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 08:52 AM   #14
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
those salesman look like aliens
2010 SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote