Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 09-16-2012, 11:10 AM   #1163
cbass

Drives: .
Quote:
I would argue that the 1LE is a lot more than "very little added of any significance". The 1LE comes with an amazing amount of upgrades for only $3,500. There is not another car in the market in any segment in recent history that i know of that is such a good deal.
I think you're taking it too far. The mustang GT with the track pack (less than $2,500) comes with a lot of upgrades as well for less money and the track pack mustang costs 3-5K less.

I am waiting to see if the 1LE can beat the boss. If it can, then the 3-5K premium over the mustang gt with a track pack will be worth the price.

If it can't, then it will still be a great car and Chevy has addressed a lot of things I wasn't fond of on the camaro. The camaro will finally get a track pack to compete with the track pack on the non-boss mustangs.
cbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:21 AM   #1164
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?

Drives: 2013 1LE Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbass View Post
I think you're taking it too far. The mustang GT with the track pack (less than $2,500) comes with a lot of upgrades as well for less money and the track pack mustang costs 3-5K less.

I am waiting to see if the 1LE can beat the boss. If it can, then the 3-5K premium over the mustang gt with a track pack will be worth the price.

If it can't, then it will still be a great car and Chevy has addressed a lot of things I wasn't fond of on the camaro. The camaro will finally get a track pack to compete with the track pack on the non-boss mustangs.
Seems to have been proven over and over now, handily. I've read a few places that it's faster than the Laguna Seca as well.
Old 09-16-2012, 05:23 PM   #1165
cbass

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUKXOST View Post
Seems to have been proven over and over now, handily. I've read a few places that it's faster than the Laguna Seca as well.
Where have you seen that? I haven't seen any solid numbers from magazine head to heads. Link?
Old 09-19-2012, 01:55 PM   #1166
camaro1le

Drives: garage is empty
1LE info

I,m new to the forum and noticed a couple members have 1le cars on order. I too have a 2ss 1LE [black] with the dual mode exhaust option on order. TPW of 10-22-12. I have gotten a different answer from everyone I ask when it comes to production numbers... Has anyone on the forum talked with anyone that KNOWS? I appreciate any input on the matter.
camaro1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:22 PM   #1167
MS3DALE

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3/6M Litho#190
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro1le View Post
I,m new to the forum and noticed a couple members have 1le cars on order. I too have a 2ss 1LE [black] with the dual mode exhaust option on order. TPW of 10-22-12. I have gotten a different answer from everyone I ask when it comes to production numbers... Has anyone on the forum talked with anyone that KNOWS? I appreciate any input on the matter.
GM hasn't set any production numbers as far as them saying "we are only building X amount of 1LE's",actual production numbers will not be known until the end of the 2013 model-year run.

'11 IOM 2SS/RS LS3/6M HURST - Roto-Fab CAI-Kook's LTs-CORSA-Black Bear tuned
Proud Litho owner #190 - Homecoming Litho #120
'15 SILVERADO Z71 1500 LTZ Crew Cab - 6.2 "Midnight Edition" -Airaid intake-CORSA
MS3DALE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:29 PM   #1168
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Production numbers will be determined by the number of hard orders placed.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:32 PM   #1169
scubadoo7
Airborne Recondo

Drives: Crystal Red 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by toehead93 View Post
I would argue that the 1LE is a lot more than "very little added of any significance". The 1LE comes with an amazing amount of upgrades for only $3,500. There is not another car in the market in any segment in recent history that i know of that is such a good deal.

I too would rather have the gen 6 but i dont have the patience to wait. I will take this 1LE until the real Z28 returns after 2015 brings the gen 6.
AMEN...the 1LE is a real track car,and a great value.
scubadoo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:49 PM   #1170
tazz3

Drives: 2012 camaro
What is the price of this car..its awesome
tazz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 05:36 AM   #1171
scubadoo7
Airborne Recondo

Drives: Crystal Red 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazz3 View Post
What is the price of this car..its awesome
I would say it depends on the dealership, but my price, for the 2SS crt and dual mode exhaust is $41,755.00 out the door (meaning all taxes, destination fee, and added options) Good luck!
scubadoo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 06:19 PM   #1172
Mgizzle

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE 1SS
My price out the door was a bit less than $39,000. 1ss 1le with nav and npp exhaust... Thats with tax, destination changes, registration transfer etc. and ooooops, indoor car cover.
Mgizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:25 PM   #1173
cbass

Looks like the 1LE is going to deliver:

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...le_first_test/
Old 09-21-2012, 10:55 PM   #1174
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
The 1LE is a great option. The ZL1 is a great car. Then along LS7 Z/28 we have been waiting for.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 10:41 PM   #1175
cbass

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
The 1LE is a great option. The ZL1 is a great car. Then along LS7 Z/28 we have been waiting for.
I would love to see a LS7 in a 5th generation camaro. I am just not sure they will do it and if they do I'm not sure I'll be able to afford it.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:37 PM   #1176
Richy_Rich
FAVOR

Drives: Many Different Rides
What the 1LE "could have been"...

http://www.netcarshow.com/chevrolet/...o_ssx_concept/

"The SSX concept explores taking Camaro's excellent street performance and extending it into a road course context," said Chris Perry, vice president, Chevrolet marketing. "The car expresses Camaro performance while also signaling Chevrolet's new commitment to developing and offering a portfolio of performance parts for racing enthusiasts."

The Chevrolet Camaro SSX Track Car has a purposeful aesthetic, with exterior appointments and suspension modifications aimed at road course performance. They include carbon fiber aero parts - front splitter and adjustable rear wing - lightweight carbon fiber body panels, revised lower grille and unique brake cooling ducts. The carbon body panels significantly lower the Camaro's weight, as does the elimination of much of the production car's sound-deadening material, carpeting and rear seat.

Low-gloss Icy White Metallic exterior paint is contrasted with the carbon aero parts, door graphics/racing number and red details; and this competition-ready Camaro rolls on dedicated track wheels and tires. This concept was constructed with input from Pratt and Miller, Chevrolet partner in Corvette Racing, and Riley Technologies using parts proven in the Grand Am racing series.

Exterior
  • Icy White Metallic color with red accents and door graphics
  • Carbon fiber hood, fenders, door and deck lid
  • Exposed carbon fiber front splitter, rockers and adjustable rear wing
  • Unique lower grille and brake ducts
Interior
  • Carpeting, sound deadener and rear seat deleted
  • Ace suede-covered racing steering wheel and shifter
  • SCCA-approved roll cage and window net
  • Racing driver's seat with five-point harness
  • Racing pedals
  • Fire suppression system
  • Fuel cell
  • Video camera system mounted on the roll cage
Performance
  • LS3 6.2L V-8 enhanced with Chevrolet Performance Parts' camshaft, cylinder heads and dry-sump oiling system
  • Production six-speed manual transmission with Corvette ZR1 twin-disc clutch
  • Low-restriction air induction and exhaust systems
  • Four-wheel disc racing brake system with six-piston front/four-piston rear calipers and drilled and slotted rotors
  • Modified production suspension with Pfadt licensed components
  • 20-inch racing wheels and tires

Tags
1le, 1le camaro, 1le forum, camaro 1le, camaro 1le forum, camaro performance package, camaro track pack, camaro track package, where's our z/28?