Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 07-27-2018, 11:57 PM   #1
Swindle3234

Drives: Yellow 2011 2LT RS
Best FI setup for the LLT?

I have a 2011 2LT Camaro. I was originally looking into doing the overkill supercharger but I was wondering if there were any better forced induction setups. What supercharger or twin turbo setup would give me the maximum horsepower gains?
Swindle3234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 06:26 AM   #2
bleavens1962

Drives: 2014 1LS Camaro
The only SC support for our cars (LLT and LFX)right now is Overkill/Tracy Lewis..The TT support at this point is non-existent with all set ups having to be custom made ( all one-off builds).
I have the Overkill SC Stage ( ? Beta), E-85, by Tracy and Will. Best dyno before latest round of mods was 484/408 ( 2014 LS), should be tuned and dynode again within the week
bleavens1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 03:20 PM   #3
Swindle3234

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleavens1962 View Post
The only SC support for our cars (LLT and LFX)right now is Overkill/Tracy Lewis..The TT support at this point is non-existent with all set ups having to be custom made ( all one-off builds).
I have the Overkill SC Stage ( ? Beta), E-85, by Tracy and Will. Best dyno before latest round of mods was 484/408 ( 2014 LS), should be tuned and dynode again within the week
Thank you very much!
Old 08-02-2018, 09:21 AM   #4
tlavoie87
Built Not Bought

Drives: 2010 Twin Turbo LFX
or you can swap an LFX and Delphi ECU in and turbo it.. I DID lol

"Built Not Bought!'

Sponsors:
OverKill Motorsports
tlavoie87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 11:48 PM   #5
SarahGildein

Drives: Swift Dzire
Thank you for this great info
SarahGildein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 10:07 AM   #6
BatmaroBeauty
BOOST OR BUST

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlavoie87 View Post
or you can swap an LFX and Delphi ECU in and turbo it.. I DID lol
Can you explain a little bit to me what entails switching from LLT Bosch ECU to LFX Delphi ECU? How did you manage to do this? Cost? Etc… any and all information would be appreciated!

Currently the Bosch has no access to injection window adjustments which could be a possible solution for me. Very long story short, if my fuel system (larger injectors, HPFP, modified fuel lobe) is enough to supply my current horsepower, not knowing the size of the actual injections, it could be remedied with tuning but unfortunately my controller does not have access to the necessary tables. I was considering switching to an aftermarket ECU but concerned with running into the issues of TCM communication, IPC, BCM, and so forth.

BUILD STATUS: LOADING BOOST . . .
BatmaroBeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 06:45 PM   #7
Swindle3234

Has anyone been able to get any more power out of the overkill kit with the new D1SC procharger unit? I know overkill recently switched from a vortech unit to procharger but I wasn’t sure if the P1SC or D1SC were really any better?
Old 06-13-2021, 08:04 PM   #8
BatmaroBeauty
BOOST OR BUST

Don’t know anyone who’s done it, hasn’t been any chatter on here. I’ve emailed Will 6+ times over the past few weeks trying to get his input on resolving the fuel system issues I’m experiencing with his Vortech setup which is why I was asking tlavoie87 about more info on swapping ECU’s. I understand Will is a one man show, but he should really consider getting someone to help him manage communications more efficiently especially when customers like myself are spending upwards of $6k+ on his products only to then get ghosted for weeks at a time…

Old 06-13-2021, 08:50 PM   #9
Swindle3234

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatmaroBeauty View Post
Don’t know anyone who’s done it, hasn’t been any chatter on here. I’ve emailed Will 6+ times over the past few weeks trying to get his input on resolving the fuel system issues I’m experiencing with his Vortech setup which is why I was asking tlavoie87 about more info on swapping ECU’s. I understand Will is a one man show, but he should really consider getting someone to help him manage communications more efficiently especially when customers like myself are spending upwards of $6k+ on his products only to then get ghosted for weeks at a time…
I know the overkill kit is proven for sure but the lack of support really makes me nervous about pulling the trigger on it. I’ve been very intrigued with the D1SC blower upgrade but I can’t seem to really find any information of people with that setup.
Old 06-13-2021, 09:35 PM   #10
BatmaroBeauty
BOOST OR BUST

There isn’t any other FI kits available for our years so he’s pretty much got that market cornered, unless you have a local shop capable of doing a one off custom setup by just sourcing and fabbing the necessary components. I will tell you that as someone who has relied on my local shop for installing his kit coupled with his poor response time among other factors has drawn out my build by MONTHS. He does not provide a phone number even though I’ve asked multiple times that the shop doing the install would like to speak with him directly about the kit. Instead I had to play monkey in the middle and relay emails back and forth between them since they wouldn’t just email one another directly in regards. The only forms of communication to him are Facebook or email. I don’t have a FB so I’m subject to radio silence and flooding his inbox with messages until he finally answers.

Old 06-14-2021, 05:34 PM   #11
Swindle3234

Quote:
There isn’t any other FI kits available for our years so he’s pretty much got that market cornered, unless you have a local shop capable of doing a one off custom setup by just sourcing and fabbing the necessary components. I will tell you that as someone who has relied on my local shop for installing his kit coupled with his poor response time among other factors has drawn out my build by MONTHS. He does not provide a phone number even though I’ve asked multiple times that the shop doing the install would like to speak with him directly about the kit. Instead I had to play monkey in the middle and relay emails back and forth between them since they wouldn’t just email one another directly in regards. The only forms of communication to him are Facebook or email. I don’t have a FB so I’m subject to radio silence and flooding his inbox with messages until he finally answers.
This is exactly why I have been reluctant to buy the kit. At this point I might as well try and contact a performance shop or spray the car. I’m really sorry to hear about the lack of response from Will. I really wished Overkill would have a dedicated communication team to help deal with problems like these. Do you have any regrets boosting the six banger or are you pretty thrilled with kit besides some of the issues you are having.
Old 06-14-2021, 06:36 PM   #12
BatmaroBeauty
BOOST OR BUST

I was overly ambitious with my build and poorly influenced by the members of my car club to add power, they meant it in a loving way but peer pressure definitely played a part in my decision making process. It ultimately depends on what your goals are for your personal build. I intend to enter shows and did this to have a unique build and stand out from the norm. I don’t have the intention to track it since it’s probably got more weight than stock at this point and I also feel that I’ve invested so much into making it the way I want that if I tracked it I run the risk of losing it all in a second, which would be devastating to me. If you just want to go fast and enjoy speed without the headache and stress, then IMO I suggest some nitrous and upgrading brakes/suspension if you wanted to make it more solid. I don’t know that I would repurchase this kit knowing everything I’ve gone through. You can check my build thread post #24 I go in a little depth about some of the challenges that came with the install. Will finally replied to me today after I reached out to Tracy Lewis Performance begging for help since the last I heard from Will was May 13th (a month ago). I’m uncertain about the issue I’m having and he requested to see dyno logs so he can be “actively involved” in the process but I’m still playing middle man between him and the shop doing the install so we’ll see how long of a back and forth of email chains this takes to get fixed.

Once we actually see numbers and it works how it’s supposed to, I’m sure I’ll be happy with my choice but I don’t know that I would recommend for anyone to go through this experience for themselves. I know I certainly don’t want to relive it. For right now though, my car is just a big and costly paperweight collecting dust.

Old 06-14-2021, 07:02 PM   #13
Swindle3234

Quote:
I was overly ambitious with my build and poorly influenced by the members of my car club to add power, they meant it in a loving way but peer pressure definitely played a part in my decision making process. It ultimately depends on what your goals are for your personal build. I intend to enter shows and did this to have a unique build and stand out from the norm. I don’t have the intention to track it since it’s probably got more weight than stock at this point and I also feel that I’ve invested so much into making it the way I want that if I tracked it I run the risk of losing it all in a second, which would be devastating to me. If you just want to go fast and enjoy speed without the headache and stress, then IMO I suggest some nitrous and upgrading brakes/suspension if you wanted to make it more solid. I don’t know that I would repurchase this kit knowing everything I’ve gone through. You can check my build thread post #24 I go in a little depth about some of the challenges that came with the install. Will finally replied to me today after I reached out to Tracy Lewis Performance begging for help since the last I heard from Will was May 13th (a month ago). I’m uncertain about the issue I’m having and he requested to see dyno logs so he can be “actively involved” in the process but I’m still playing middle man between him and the shop doing the install so we’ll see how long of a back and forth of email chains this takes to get fixed.

Once we actually see numbers and it works how it’s supposed to, I’m sure I’ll be happy with my choice but I don’t know that I would recommend for anyone to go through this experience for themselves. I know I certainly don’t want to relive it. For right now though, my car is just a big and costly paperweight collecting dust.
I’ve started with a similar process. My car is essentially full bolt on right now. I just ordered pedders coilovers with plan to do full suspension this winter. I know the v6 gets a lot of hate but I love the car and I don’t want to be like everyone else either. I do plan on going after a spot on the fastest v6 leaderboard at some point and I know I need to boost or spray it to get the car there. Please keep me updated on the car and let me know what numbers it makes. I also read your build thread and was curious if you have ever considered the mace camshafts?They are another product I have been curious about. I saw you had some mace parts on the car and was wondering how they’re holding up?
Old 06-14-2021, 07:49 PM   #14
BatmaroBeauty
BOOST OR BUST

I’ll definitely keep updating my thread and post once I get answers and final numbers. I considered taking a crack at the leaderboard too and may take ONE pass just to get times, but we’ll see. With my luck and the black cloud that follows me, it’ll only take that one time for my engine to blow lol

MACE camshafts are mentioned in the list of performance parts and they’re already in the car. I have them with modified fuel lobe that Will outsources for machining, which they think is why I’m having these fuel system issues since there's no high side upgrade typically on the LLTs but with the MACE cams I did and the larger fuel lobe, the fuel pressure can be raised over the factory LLT 1700 psi through the tune and this will provide more fuel capacity. I also got the MACE 90# valve springs and Overkill’s larger 76mm throttle body.

Car hasn’t left the shop in 17 months so I couldn’t tell you how the parts hold up because we’re still addressing issues with getting everything running correctly. I can tell you that we ended up taking the Accel SuperCoils off and putting the factory ignition coils back in because the Accel ones were causing misfires. But that’s all the negative info I know as far as all the parts I had been getting put in by the shop, which is a good thing I suppose.