Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 06-16-2014, 02:53 PM   #1
kinpin
618 RWHP

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Some people just don't get it ....

I had good Friend drop by today to say hi . He wonted to see my new Z . So we went out to the garage. He asked if he could sit in it and start it up to here how it sounds. So i said OK . Now he knows how i am about this car (totally anal ). He sit in it, put in the clutch, takes it out of first gear put it in
N and starts it up ... Then he steps on the gas and revs her to to 4000 rpm
I had a cow. I said dude what are you doing she need to worn up first.. He said " come on not really the oil gets up there as soon as you turn the key and its a car it will be fine " I know he did not mean anything bad by what he did but i guess you either get it or you don't.

By the way it that true about the oil getting up in the engine as soon as you turn the key ?
kinpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 03:18 PM   #2
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
It's called OCD ... There was another guy here just like you, he ended up selling his car because he couldn't handle the stress of owning it.
Old 06-16-2014, 03:27 PM   #3
I call it Vera

Drives: ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinpin View Post
I had good Friend drop by today to say hi . He wonted to see my new Z . So we went out to the garage. He asked if he could sit in it and start it up to here how it sounds. So i said OK . Now he knows how i am about this car (totally anal ). He sit in it, put in the clutch, takes it out of first gear put it in
I had a cow. I said dude what are you doing she need to worn up first.. He said " come on not really the oil gets up there as soon as you turn the key and its a car it will be fine " I know he did not mean anything bad by what he did but i guess you either get it or you don't.

By the way it that true about the oil getting up in the engine as soon as you turn the key ?
it might be OCD, but your friend is very inconsiderate.
If he were my friend, I would call him an inconsiderate dick. (I hope I don't get in trouble for saying that).

Good friends respect your property, even if you are anal about something. (or especially if you are anal about something.)
I call it Vera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 03:41 PM   #4
Aramis76

Drives: 2011 Camaro
I don't care if it's considered "anal" or OCD...

If I let someone borrow or even just "try" one of my toys, I make damn sure that they understand one point: They either treat it like I treat it, or it's not happening.

The girlfriend has to follow the same rule when she wants to drive the Camaro.

My toys, my rules, otherwise, get your own...
Aramis76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 03:42 PM   #5
DanSS24

Drives: Dream Cars in my head
I know that as soon as you turn the key, the fuel pump engages to send fuel to the injectors. Not sure about the oil. If i'm not mistaken, the oil pump is still mechanically driven by the crank.

Wishful thinking...but I sure can dream big.
DanSS24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 03:43 PM   #6
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
yes the oil pressure will be there right away (watch your oil pressure gauge and see for yourself)
the oil temp on the other hand will take a min to warm up, but you're still fine unless it's in the dead of winter and your car has been sitting outdoors.

but your friend was a bit out of line if he knew just how you felt about your car.

On the other hand, you're the one that gave him the keys and the OK to start it. Should have started it up yourself and revved it for him.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 04:12 PM   #7
BPG
Faster than you...

Drives: 1194whp. 8.62@168. daily driver...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
It's called OCD ... There was another guy here just like you, he ended up selling his car because he couldn't handle the stress of owning it.
I actually thought he changed his name to this guys...
Old 06-16-2014, 05:39 PM   #8
Baer383

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Ashen Gray
Quote:

Your friend worn it up for you.lol

MODS, a lot of money,a lot of parts,a lot of time,a lot of patience.

754 RWHP 747 RWTQ 93 Octane

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=347243
Baer383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 06:20 PM   #9
2013 ZL1 #7860

Drives: 2013 ZL1 A6 #7860
There is nothing wrong with being picky and particular about the things you enjoy. I for one am very OCD about my stuff. But, The reality is that nothing is perfect and imperfection is included in the design and engineering. Your friend didn't hurt the car but give him crap about it and he will learn.
2013 ZL1 #7860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 06:41 PM   #10
white ZL1

Drives: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPG View Post
I actually thought he changed his name to this guys...
Lol! And I think/thought he might have been a different member that signed up with a new screen name.
white ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 07:01 PM   #11
DarthZL1

Drives: 2014 ZL1 M6
Like already said... your engine is fine. Your friend is a turd.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
--- DarthZL1 - 2014 ZL1 #2095 M6 Black. Bone Stock ---
--- BigNLo - 1996 Impala SS Hot Rod Black. Lots of mods ---
DarthZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 08:06 PM   #12
kinpin
618 RWHP

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthZL1 View Post
Like already said... your engine is fine. Your friend is a turd.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
LOL......
kinpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 08:24 PM   #13
zbzo6

Drives: chevy corvette
You are not wrong about being upset. I would feel the same. The oil pressure starts to go up after the engine is started. It takes a couple of seconds to reach normal pressure. There is some residual in there but not enough to handle strong loads. So its best to let the engine run a little and warm up before reving to higher RPM's.
zbzo6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 08:35 PM   #14
Trickskier
Native Floridian

Drives: 2014 - ZL1 / 2003 - Corvette
Quote:

The new oil filters have a back flow preventer so oil is being pumped once the engine starts. That being said it's a good practice to let the engine oil at least warm up before revving the engine.