Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 04-13-2017, 10:39 AM   #1
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
Tales of my POS ford work vehicle

So last year they took away my tried & true Impala cruiser and gave me a hand me down Crown Vic because I needed an unmarked car for my new position. That car was TERRIBLE, but I gave it the benefit of the doubt as it was older, but as it was never a front line marked car, it really should have held up better. In August of 2016 they gave me a shiny new Explorer Interceptor and I had hopes of finally having a new car, my work vehicle issues would be over. Nope. This thing is such a giant POS. Forget the idiotic ergo issues. That I'll never understand. I just hit 2700 miles on it, and mostly soft miles at that, and today the AM/FM radio is just dead. Won't turn on at all. Even the USB port won't work. Time to send it back to the dealer FOR THE 4TH TIME!!!! And the trans is acting up. For the love of GOD why couldn't they just spend a tad more and get me a Tahoe?!? The Fire Department LOVES theirs.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 11:54 AM   #2
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Tallahassee says Tahoe's getting too expensive for us.

GM needs to create a 9C1 model out of the new Traverse.
Old 04-13-2017, 12:09 PM   #3
KJZ28

Drives: 2018 Buick Regal TourX
Transmission problems? In a Ford? Noooooooooooo. Lol I would say that Transmission recalls are the #1 problem Ford has had for 20 years. Hopefully this will be the last time your vehicle goes into the shop.
SOLD: 2010 2SS/RS L99-A6 K&N CAI, Speed Engineering Long Tube Headers, Stainless Works hi-flow cats, Flowmaster American Thunder Cat-back. Tuned by Corvettes of Westchester. 1/LE rear suspension conversion, Bilstein B6 Stuts/shocks.
KJZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 12:41 PM   #4
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

We have an outside contractor that handles our fleet maintenance and I just spoke with the supervisor. He said they have been having issues with the car radios in the explorers (other city departments use them as well). Lovely. I'd like to meet a ford engineer and have him explain the idiotic dead pedal in this thing. I have to tilt my feet to the right when I drive.
Old 04-13-2017, 01:24 PM   #5
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Ha. Literally minutes after I read this post, my state F-150's CEL came on and engine power went dead. Limped it to the Ford dealer.
Old 04-13-2017, 03:24 PM   #6
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

It's found on road dead for a reason........
Old 04-13-2017, 04:30 PM   #7
JerTM

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
It's found on road dead for a reason........
Be careful, you might be labeled a fanboy here lol

I work in a Chevy/Ford dealership. Guess which techs have more work than they can handle . . . meanwhile I have to take up the slack and work on Fords, uggh. Their engineering is enigmatic at best, and forget getting any information from Ford about the vehicle.
JerTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 05:03 PM   #8
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

I've seen you mention that a few times Jer. I absolutely believe you.
Old 04-13-2017, 05:13 PM   #9
imaSSnake
'Maro

Drives: 2015 SS 6.2L Auto 2SS
I got rid of my POS F-150 EcoBoost before it blew up on me. Cold start rattle, oil level rising and smelling like gas, intercooler issues. I had no faith in it, even with a warranty so I traded it off... Ford dealership wouldn't acknowledge there was a problem. Wouldn't you know a week after I traded it off Ford releases a TSB for the cam phaser and timing chains.... I still follow the Forum and people have had those replaced under warranty several times and the issue keeps coming back.
Old 04-14-2017, 11:00 AM   #10
Scrappy Doo

Drives: Callaway Rogue
Nobody's perfect.
Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 07:17 AM   #11
riozlander
that guy <--------

Drives: 2012 camaro V6 LS M6
-sniffles- ah I loved my crown vic when I had it the 1st 2weeks. I had a ex LAPD county car. P71.. Wonderful car for 2 weeks then the rear dif exploded yaay 1500$ repair. Then I think I got 2 months of trouble free driving and bam ran like it only had 3 cylinders working. Fuel pump died. Then the injectors then the coil packs and plugs followed by the alternator. Uggghhh 2500$. Then I had a problem where it kept warping the front Rotors 4 OEM replacements later and 6 months I got drilled and slotted never happens again.

It would fry transmission bands. Turns out the trans had a J-Mod done to it for harder shifts love spending 700$ every 1.5 years. Then out of nowhere it would pop the fuse that controls the whole dashboard every 3 months. 4 years and $10000+ later it was trouble free for 1.5 years....and randomly the engine exploded. Smoke flames spartkplugs oil and engine block had a huge hole I it. Turns out threw the crown Vic fourms we tracks the engine block back to being made in Mexico......yay mine still had the faulty Mexican blocks from the late 99-2003 models. I owned 2 other fords in that cars 4 year life I had it. Just because it broke down so much. And ford was a dime a dozen. The only one that never left me on the side of the road was my 1988 f150 lariet 351windsor efi I payed 1300$ for
riozlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 04:58 PM   #12
greg72982

Drives: Black 2017 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by riozlander View Post
-sniffles- ah I loved my crown vic when I had it the 1st 2weeks. I had a ex LAPD county car. P71.. Wonderful car for 2 weeks then the rear dif exploded yaay 1500$ repair. Then I think I got 2 months of trouble free driving and bam ran like it only had 3 cylinders working. Fuel pump died. Then the injectors then the coil packs and plugs followed by the alternator. Uggghhh 2500$. Then I had a problem where it kept warping the front Rotors 4 OEM replacements later and 6 months I got drilled and slotted never happens again.

It would fry transmission bands. Turns out the trans had a J-Mod done to it for harder shifts love spending 700$ every 1.5 years. Then out of nowhere it would pop the fuse that controls the whole dashboard every 3 months. 4 years and $10000+ later it was trouble free for 1.5 years....and randomly the engine exploded. Smoke flames spartkplugs oil and engine block had a huge hole I it. Turns out threw the crown Vic fourms we tracks the engine block back to being made in Mexico......yay mine still had the faulty Mexican blocks from the late 99-2003 models. I owned 2 other fords in that cars 4 year life I had it. Just because it broke down so much. And ford was a dime a dozen. The only one that never left me on the side of the road was my 1988 f150 lariet 351windsor efi I payed 1300$ for
If you buy an old police car you should expect problems. I'm not a Ford fan by any stretch but those cars get the crap beat out of them, regardless of the make.