Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 02-12-2013, 10:38 PM   #1
crk5600

Drives: 2012 Camaro LT
PLEASE help me decide on lowering springs!

I have been seriously considering lowering spring for my next mod to my car with the stock 19". i have been searching all over camaro5 to find the best brand for what i am looking for (thank you guys for all your input). I am between what seem to be the top choices Pfadt, Ebach, or Bmr. I have scanned over Pfadt thread and their pictures of your cars that have installed their springs. I am leaning more toward Pfadt but have some questions. My problem is most of the pictures of the Pfadt 1.25" are on the V8. Most of these picturs look great, however i was wondering if the ride hight would be simular on the V6 (i know it wont be as low as an SS). I am doing the mod for performace gain but also very much interested in reducing my wheel gap and better stance. While i am very happy with the look of the front drop but i am conserned about the rear. I want to reduce my wheel gap but not eliminate it to the point where it looks like the rear springs have blown (which i have seen some pictures that resemble that). My question for you guys is are you happy with you springs after they have settled? Should i go with the 1.25 or just the 1 (i have also read that some people feel that there was no difference in height with the 1"). Thank you guys, your input and pictures will be of greatful help to me.
1979 Cb650- Under Construction
crk5600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:01 PM   #2
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
My hotchkis 1" springs dropped my 2010 v6 overall the same amount as a ss
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:08 PM   #3
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
I'd go Pedders for several reasons.

Having installed them a number of times I found the drop to be perfect. And all four corners were exact. Some of the others have had noise problems. (Do a search)

The best warranty in the world lies with Pedders.

I started with Pfadt but Pedders won me over with support, quality and people.

Just my .02
Old 02-13-2013, 12:08 AM   #4
crk5600

I did find noise issuse in some threads prior to posting this one. Im going to look into pedders and hotchis over the next day or two. thanks for your input guys. Any pics? or any of you other V6 guys that are happy with your set up. Vr Baron your car looks nice on the drop but thats your SS in your sig right?
Old 02-13-2013, 09:47 AM   #5
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Here are a couple of V6 Camaros with our V6 specific BMR lowering springs installed on them so you can get a feel for what the stance is with our springs. If you have any questions or concerns let me know and I will answer them.

Kyle
Attached Images

BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:52 AM   #6
family man

Drives: .
I've always had good experiences with Eibach.
family man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:21 AM   #7
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
To me it would be between Pfadt, BMR, Pedders, or Hotchkis. I think you need to narrow it down to if you want the 1" drop or lower. Lower than 1" and you've narrowed it down to either Pfadt or BMR. After that I would say that it just comes down to which one fits your budget the best because they are all going to be a good spring and all will have good customer service if something goes wrong.

BTW: 110% agree on timing your bushings. I felt a difference after I did mine. Made the ride a little less bouncey. Also, get your hands on either Pfadt or Pedders agressive or perfomance street alignment specs. When you align your car have it done to those specs.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:02 AM   #8
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by crk5600 View Post
I did find noise issuse in some threads prior to posting this one. Im going to look into pedders and hotchis over the next day or two. thanks for your input guys. Any pics? or any of you other V6 guys that are happy with your set up. Vr Baron your car looks nice on the drop but thats your SS in your sig right?
Yes , the SS. When I get home I'll post up a pic of the LT
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:49 AM   #9
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
To me it would be between Pfadt, BMR, Pedders, or Hotchkis. I think you need to narrow it down to if you want the 1" drop or lower. Lower than 1" and you've narrowed it down to either Pfadt or BMR. After that I would say that it just comes down to which one fits your budget the best because they are all going to be a good spring and all will have good customer service if something goes wrong.

BTW: 110% agree on timing your bushings. I felt a difference after I did mine. Made the ride a little less bouncey. Also, get your hands on either Pfadt or Pedders agressive or perfomance street alignment specs. When you align your car have it done to those specs.
Another good post!

All of the brands caverman listed make great springs and you would be happy with any choice you make. It just depends on how low you want to go, and how much you want to spend. That being said, we offer all these brands and would be happy to get you set up. Please feel free to call, PM or email me anytime with questions.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:53 AM   #10
GEEo
OKCamaros

Drives: 4 banger Diesel
Get coils instead.
GEEo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:02 PM   #11
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEEo View Post
Get coils instead.
Not everyone can afford coilovers. If the OP can afford them then absolutley go with a coilover but there is a big price difference between the two.

OP, diffinately give JDP a call. Not only will he help you make your choice but he has experience with all those brands. Since he is a vendor for all of them he can give you a more un-biased opinion vs someone that just sells one or two brands and would obviously push those. On top of all that in my experience is that JDP has consitently beaten prices of other vendors....and I'm not talkinkg just $5 either.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:50 PM   #12
crk5600

Ha if i could afford coils I would be driving an SS or a Sti. Performance isnt as big of a concern as reducing wheel gap and stance for me. Thank you guys for all your input! Definatly helping me decide and will probably pull the trigger at the end of the week.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:53 PM   #13
skar

Drives: 2010 2SSRS headers/CAI/tune/corsa,
The UPS man droped my hotchkis 1" drop springs off last night along with sways and bushings. ? I hope the ride is not that bad????

Hotchkis - Sport Coil Springs Pfadt - Sport Sway Bars Pedders - Street I Package - Pfadt - Rear Trailing Arm
JL Audio XD400/4 amp
Pfadt trailing arms & tie rods sway bars.
pedders street 1 package. ,Hurst short throw shifter
With bronze bushings .
skar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:59 PM   #14
goducks09

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey 2LT/RS
Pedders. Had them for a couple weeks. Love the look