Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 05-16-2008, 09:45 AM   #113
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
I really like the interior, but i'll never get comfortable with the gauges on the console.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 09:48 AM   #114
MattG
Z/28 or Bust!

Drives: First Camaro: '69 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by eatmytireshredsGT View Post

these too :]

oh, i hope that center display says camaro when she starts up
Don't think I'd seen the shot of the key before... looks like a spring-hinged design... very nice. First time I ever saw one of those was a Mercedes key I saw about 10 years ago. Always thought it was a great design.
MattG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 10:02 AM   #115
2001ragtop

Drives: V8 american car
I love those tires

1) The radio looks like it is moved forward so you can reach it without doing stomach crunches. (I have a flat stomach now after driving a 2001 mustang.)

2) The fat tires on the Camaro are probably base V6 tires. However (me personally), I would drive the V8 Camaro with those exact tires because most roads I have to drive on are under construction and extremely messed up. 18 inch rims could turn into an oval shape if you're not careful.

3) As someone else said, those pics look the same as before. I wouldn't assume anything.
2001ragtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 10:12 AM   #116
Doug 97SS

Drives: 1997 Camaro SS #1499
Well I am glad to see that its starting to come around....
Doug 97SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 12:00 PM   #117
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
You know what?

To save weight and money, I would have really liked to see GM put the window and side mirror controls in the center console. I've seen that more and more with newer cars and I tend to think it's just wiser to do. You don't have as much work to do by putting the control box in the door, adding the wiring, etc. It's just easier and more cost effective to put it in the center console.

That little switch to the left of the 12 volt power supply (which I think should be hidden......) might be the power window switch?
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 12:03 PM   #118
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
It's just easier and more cost effective to put it in the center console.
Not to mention pretty retro to the F-body design.
MerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 01:03 PM   #119
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
If you were talking about the switches on the end of the stalk, my wife's Jetta has something similar, and it's used to toggle the little information display between screens.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 01:05 PM   #120
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Nice pix. Interior looks the same at the pix we saw months ago, but will less tape and dust on the dash. Overall look of the interior has my approval. Production may proceed.
I was thinking the same thing. Didn't we see some quotes from GM stating that the final interior would look different than the spyshots of the mules?

I'll search when I have some time.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 01:06 PM   #121
Jay

Drives: Audi A4
Well I just saw this now..... you guys already filled up 6 pages, LOL!!!!

But overall from these new shots I can say..... I think the interior is just fine.... but that centre console..... I dont like it at all.... that probably the only part of this car that Im gunna have to re-do on my own.

But this Camaro really is gunna be something else inside/out.

Good work GM..... just change that centre console, LOL!

"HEAVEN JUST COULDN'T HANDLE ALL THE NOISE"
JAY
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 01:21 PM   #122
Rallysport
Go Cardinals!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 6-speed #1879
Quote:
Originally Posted by C3GM View Post
3 Flaws

1) Shifter knob looks much to Infinity / Nissan Altima-ish

2) Why is the Archaic key-place still mounted on the steering-column? I thought GM was past this?

3) The air vents in the center are fine but need some sprucing up, they look almost last minute-ish.

Other than those smallllllll gripes, this is a huge improvement over the earlier editions we have been seeing. Now... if we could just get past the snoozy look of this test model. SO far, I am just bored with the exterior. I think its the headlights and lack of paint-flare which this body style obviously must have... Colors will make this car or break this car... Too bad gas prices are going to be 4.50/gallon before it hits the market... This car might be DOA if it can't get past that... Remember the Judge...GTO's death brought on by OIL/Gas problems....
The GTO Judge/all muscle cars were doomed by bad MPG, yes. However, they were also doomed by higher insurance premiums. I don't think the new Camaro is "DOA" if gas is 4.50 a gallon. The old muscle cars got about 8-10 MPG, not 20+ we will no doubt see on the new Camaro. I don't know about the rest of you, but this new Camaro will be my weekend or cruise night car, not a daily driver....especially when it SNOWS!
Rallysport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 01:26 PM   #123
Camaro_crazy

Drives: 2008 Cobalt SS/TC
Send a message via AIM to Camaro_crazy
I would love to see a different center console, and with a nav screen in it. This one is huge and bulky and uses a lot of unnecessary room. I'm not too sure about the speedometer and tach housings, but I don't think those are going to get smaller or change, , but it's not a big deal. I'm sure I would get used to them.
Old 05-16-2008, 01:27 PM   #124
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rallysport View Post
The GTO Judge/all muscle cars were doomed by bad MPG, yes. However, they were also doomed by higher insurance premiums. I don't think the new Camaro is "DOA" if gas is 4.50 a gallon. The old muscle cars got about 8-10 MPG, not 20+ we will no doubt see on the new Camaro. I don't know about the rest of you, but this new Camaro will be my weekend or cruise night car, not a daily driver....especially when it SNOWS!
Indeed. It costs less to fuel new muscle cars now then it did back in the day, once inflation and fuel economy has been taken into account. Though that may change at $4.50-$5.00/gallon.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 02:55 PM   #125
AirGoya

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega94 View Post
However, if the Camaro would get this technology for it's automatic...I'm sure they would opt for the pull-type paddles as opposed to these thumb-pushed paddles.
Those on the malibu are pull-type paddles. I thought at first too that you push them with your thumb but those things are just there to let people know which side does which.

AirGoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 03:07 PM   #126
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoya View Post
Those on the malibu are pull-type paddles. I thought at first too that you push them with your thumb but those things are just there to let people know which side does which.
mmmm. You might want to check again.
The shift controls on both sides of the wheel do the same thing (there's one on both sides for asthetics, and in case one hand is freer than the other maybe? ). Anyways; on either side: you push for upshift, or pull for downshift.