Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2014 Camaro5 Fest (V)

Old 02-04-2014, 09:30 PM   #29
Andrew4180
Bigfoot

Drives: "Doomsday" 1981 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipinminn View Post
Can't race without a helmet sa2005 and sa2010 M2005 M2010. Don't forget it at home like I did last year and had to buy one :( GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
is that regardless of what et/speed the car runs? I have my helmet already, but if its mandatory no matter the speed ill have to let my friends know.

383ci SBC, Th400 Trans, 29X10 Hoosiers. Small Block, Small tire, bracket car.
Andrew4180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 09:32 PM   #30
Andrew4180
Bigfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
No there would be no dial in. This would be heads up. After qualifying runs the cars running within the 1sec time slots would simply go head to head, same light. If your car ran a 11.9 then you could not run the 12 sec class and probably wouldn't do well in the 11 sec class but you never know. It went pretty well this way at Fest I. I was just trying to add this as an extra to Brackets so everyone would be involved with some side by side racing.
That's how I figured it would be run, getting a good reaction time could make or break you in the index class.

Old 02-04-2014, 09:32 PM   #31
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
The only issue with the few classes there were was its kinda unfair. It's racing and anything can happen, I'm proof positive of that last year, but for example if someone lines up a supercharged daily driver against say my purpose built car....
Chances are it won't be pretty.

The bracket racing makes it an even playing field. Everyone will still have time to run balls out but as for a competition, as much as I hate it, bracket racing may be the fairest option.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 09:33 PM   #32
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew4180 View Post
is that regardless of what et/speed the car runs? I have my helmet already, but if its mandatory no matter the speed ill have to let my friends know.
13.99 and quicker and you'll need a helmet.
Old 02-04-2014, 09:36 PM   #33
Andrew4180
Bigfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
13.99 and quicker and you'll need a helmet.
standard NHRA rule then, thank you.

Old 02-04-2014, 09:38 PM   #34
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew4180 View Post
standard NHRA rule then, thank you.
Yup. All the tech rules will be the same. Now if they enforce them is up to the track. Indy was very lax.
Old 02-04-2014, 09:44 PM   #35
Andrew4180
Bigfoot

At RPR, they usually check to see if you have a helmet, are wearing long pants, closed toed shoes, a shirt with sleeves, and if you have your number written on the windshield, passenger window, and rear glass. that's how it is at the monthly bracket races. If that's all in spec then youre good. so I guess that's considered relaxed.

Old 02-04-2014, 10:06 PM   #36
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
The only issue with the few classes there were was its kinda unfair. It's racing and anything can happen, I'm proof positive of that last year, but for example if someone lines up a supercharged daily driver against say my purpose built car....
Chances are it won't be pretty.

The bracket racing makes it an even playing field. Everyone will still have time to run balls out but as for a competition, as much as I hate it, bracket racing may be the fairest option.
Exactly why brackets will stay in play. I've watch this field the past 3 years have a blast w/ no complaints.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRD_WRK View Post
I agree with Jamie above . Brackets with staggering start would be the fairest and easiest on newer racers.
the Heads up Index class makes little sense. You can't use qualifying for setting it up. If so -id just make my car run 14s the whole time and make a 30second change and sandbag as I go down the track waving to them. (No "I" wouldn't do this, but it would happen). So the fast cars have all the advantage.

The index style with staggering start is only one event, not one per time slot-unless heads up.

I didnt see the N/A (no power adder class) like last year-oops -just caught it. Now Jamie can go so I wouldn't get smoked literally.
I can already see index is not right for this crowd. We mod our cars and everyone is proud of the category they mod to so I've eliminated that and adjusted the classes so they read like last year. These were just put up quickly to get discussions going thanks to my buddy TPower..

Don't get too wrapped up (or scared) of the shop cars. We need to see who is actually coming before that is addressed.

New Classes are posted and old stuff was deleted from posts so it doesn't get confusing.
Old 02-04-2014, 10:09 PM   #37
skipinminn
Chiquita

Drives: 2013 1LE/1SS YELLO1LE 1 of Only 28
Quote:
Exactly why brackets will stay in play. I've watch this field the past 3 years have a blast w/ no complaints.

I can already see index is not right for this crowd. We mod our cars and everyone is proud of the category they mod to so I've eliminated that and adjusted the classes so they read like last year. These were just put up quickly to get discussions going thanks to my buddy TPower..

Don't get too wrapped up (or scared) of the shop cars. We need to see who is actually coming before that is addressed.

New Classes are posted and old stuff was deleted from posts so it doesn't get confusing.
NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA DID I SAY it get's CONFUSING lolololol
skipinminn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 10:12 PM   #38
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:

New Classes are posted and old stuff was deleted from post so it doesn't get confusing.
What constitutes a shop car?

I see that the any driver has been posted. At least everyone knows before any racing but you should drive your own car.
Old 02-04-2014, 10:20 PM   #39
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
What constitutes a shop car?

I see that the any driver has been posted. At least everyone knows before any racing but you should drive your own car.
There is no shop car class so shop car doesn't need defined.

Pretty sure I'm going to add a C7 Vette unlimited class as well.
Old 02-04-2014, 10:22 PM   #40
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRD_WRK View Post
Looks good Mike.
im hoping to find some buddies that normally run times close to me for some good heads up test n tune. Its great to go down the whole way close. Its good practice to see the time vs car spread at the end.
Looking forward to the event and matching more faces to user names.
Id be content in just tnt practice, but race adrenalin fixes are good too for us oldies.
Thanks
Thanks for the constructive help. I'm going to do some fast list reviews and try and catch everyone.
Old 02-04-2014, 10:41 PM   #41
grocerygetter
instigator

Drives: 2020 6.2 Trail Boss, 2022 XC90
Thanks for addressing my question/comment.
I'll keep,a watch for what you guys work out.
Old 02-04-2014, 11:41 PM   #42
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Any chance you'll lump all v6s stock or modified into one class? If you truly had very little v6s show up then separating them won't help. Also if someone has a modified v6 they'd have to race in the modified class with the modified v8s. Or you could do a v6 class with everything but FI but then at that point we r just splitting hairs. Just an opinion. Is it also 100 to race this year again?

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote