Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 09-28-2014, 10:59 AM   #29
sho928

Drives: Porsche 928 S4, Mustang GT vert
The reason the cop was tailgating was to read your license #, run it to check for warrants or stolen car reports.

I am sure he only pulled you over when certain that the risk to him and his son was low.

If anything, it good to see a confident cop that has no fear and is willing to engage community members to provide advice.

The ones that never talk to the public without guns drawn are the ones to worry about.
sho928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 02:26 AM   #30
Snidely Whiplash
Fight Crime, Drive Armed

Drives: '14 2SS Yelo Maro, HD collection
The law varies in different states, but he likely was not legally ABLE to ticket you while off duty and illegally having the kid in the car. Off duty cruisers have to cover their lights when occupied by a non-cop riding with an off duty cop (in there parts)

If they don't ask where my pistols/revolvers are. They are NOT in touch with dispatch and have no ability to mess with you. My DL number is attached to my gun carry permit, the first ting I'm asked is where are all the guns (I carry numerous firearms at any given time). Gotta LOVE Texas.
Old 09-29-2014, 11:53 PM   #31
Caswell239

Drives: 2011 2ss/rs
I got pulled over few weeks ago and at one point he comes back to the car and says man this car is in nice shape for being a 2011. I said thanks, then he asked how many kilometea are on its. I said just rolled 20k, he said nice! Still new. Have a nice day. Haha he obviously liked the car
Caswell239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 06:13 AM   #32
slakjak1215

Drives: 2014 1LS
I would never pull over for an unmarked, I would call it in to dispatch and ask if there was a cop behind me. We have had too many incidents of people pulling over for unmarked cars and getting robbed at gun point 0.o
Old 10-06-2014, 04:49 PM   #33
leonm47

Drives: Inferno Orange 2013 LT2-RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinw View Post
funny story. i am happy it all turned out ok in the long run. just be careful OP, you got a fast car there, and next time the cop could be a jerk. Have fun!
Let me ask something and maybe I'm just dumb but why is the cop always a jerk when he or she gets us for us doing something wrong?

2013 IOM LT2/RS, American Racing Daytona Wheels,Factory Ground Effects, LED Tail Lights,FlowMaster's, Stripe Package.
leonm47 is offline   Reply With Quote