Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

Old 01-22-2012, 06:20 PM   #8401
velociSSimo
... well, not yet.

Drives: 2012 Chevy Silverado ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by IROCanSS View Post
Just stokin the fire...

And thanks, I'm Leary about taking it off... I can tear apart my (or anyone else's) suspension no sweat but taking the bumper off nerves me. Lol
I had mine off for the heritage grille. It's easy.
Old 01-22-2012, 06:31 PM   #8402
Drew10
Enjoys a good train wreck

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
While the front end is off the install the scoop, and heritage grille.
Who else has stuff they are saving? I see Drew didn't wait. I will wair bc I want help with the front end removal and I need the left to do the driveshaft.
I will have more things to do. I enjoy helping everyone out too. Perfect time to put those sway bars on Jim's car.
Drew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 06:36 PM   #8403
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Quote:
Just stokin the fire...

And thanks, I'm Leary about taking it off... I can tear apart my (or anyone else's) suspension no sweat but taking the bumper off nerves me. Lol
It made me nervous the first time, but once you see how easy it is, you'll be amazed. I had a friend help me the first time.

Last edited by Darth_Emma; 01-22-2012 at 07:15 PM.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 06:38 PM   #8404
ChriSS84
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS
I have some mods to do, but we have to wait til June/July. Mine will take a good day or two.
ChriSS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 06:52 PM   #8405
rachykells
Gearhead rocker chick

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro
Quote:
Is anyone thinking about a mod day in the spring?

I have been saving my items.

I currently have the Apex scoop and WWF relocation kit.
I will soon have a one piece driveshaft.

While the front end is off the install the scoop, I have a tiny Plastidip project.

Who else has stuff they are saving? I see Drew didn't wait. I will wair bc I want help with the front end removal and I need the left to do the driveshaft.
As soon as my tax return comes in, I'm buying headers. Would be in for a mod day.
Trifecta Tuned / VMAX ported TB / OBX LT headers / MRT v2.0 / Magnaflow Resonated X-pipe / Roto-Fab CAI / RX catch can / AAC Footwell Lights / Blacked-out Bowties / Smoked tails, side markers, reverse lights / 20% tint
rachykells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 07:45 PM   #8406
heinzd01

Drives: 2010 SS RS, 1976 Type LT
Quote:
Is anyone thinking about a mod day in the spring?

I have been saving my items.

I currently have the Apex scoop and WWF relocation kit.
I will soon have a one piece driveshaft.

While the front end is off the install the scoop, I have a tiny Plastidip project.

I'll be glad to host a mod day in the spring or did you have another place in mind?

I wonder if you will be able to get away much for these Camaro events after the baby is born.

Front end removal is easy.
heinzd01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 08:10 PM   #8407
gahammerle

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS M6 Inferno Orange
I don't have any mods saved up right now, but I'm hoping the ported intake manifold is released soon and is priced reasonably. If so, I'll be getting one of those as well as the intake manifold spacer/insulator. Also, thinking about sways & long tubes.

Injen CAI / Solo Mach-X LLT / Solo High-flow res-cats / Barton short shifter / RX Catch Can / RPI Gills / 35% tint / LED Footwell Lighting Front & Rear / Pedders Street 1 / Pedders steering rack bushing / SS struts / Pfadt drop springs / VMax Ported Throttle Body / Spohn Toe Rods / Spohn Trailing Arms / Trifecta Tune / MACE 25mm Intake Spacers

Find me on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/gahammerle
gahammerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 08:12 PM   #8408
RS_Man

Drives: '13 Sonic RS 1.4T M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by gahammerle View Post
I don't have any mods saved up right now, but I'm hoping the ported intake manifold is released soon and is priced reasonably. If so, I'll be getting one of those as well as the intake manifold spacer/insulator. Also, thinking about sways & long tubes.
x2 we are watching and waiting too
Old 01-22-2012, 08:19 PM   #8409
Drew10
Enjoys a good train wreck

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by heinzd01 View Post
I'll be glad to host a mod day in the spring or did you have another place in mind?

I wonder if you will be able to get away much for these Camaro events after the baby is born.
Now that you mention it, your shop would make a great place to have a mod day.
Drew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 04:42 AM   #8410
velociSSimo
... well, not yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew10 View Post
I will have more things to do. I enjoy helping everyone out too. Perfect time to put those sway bars on Jim's car.
It just may be! I'm debating on what to do next to the suspension. I also want to do the DRL harness mod... Jason!?
Old 01-23-2012, 05:00 AM   #8411
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by cash84 View Post
I have some mods to do, but we have to wait til June/July. Mine will take a good day or two.
Yours are not mod day mods! Cams and blowers are a bit out of the mod day league! But whenever your ready for whatever, let us know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachykells View Post
As soon as my tax return comes in, I'm buying headers. Would be in for a mod day.
Tax return... I had to RETURN $1300 to uncle sam.

I think headers can be done easily on mod day, as long as they are long tubes.

Quote:

Front end removal is easy.
I had no where else in mind. I was just hoping we were still wlcome there! I think I can speak for everyone when I say your place is the PERFECT place and you and your father are AMAZING hosts!!

I agree, Camaro events will be limited. I am putting aside time for a couple though.

Great, you guys and gals made me feel better about it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew10 View Post
Now that you mention it, your shop would make a great place to have a mod day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by velociSSimo View Post
It just may be! I'm debating on what to do next to the suspension. I also want to do the DRL harness mod... Jason!?
My DRL harness includes 2 tiny wire nuts and some black tape. I can do it or just explain to you what to do. You do have to cut wires to do it my way but there is no worry about backfeed as the feed for the DRL is cut. Also, with my method, you NEVER have the DRLs on automatically during the day. They come on whenever the halo/marker lights come on. Yes, the auto headlight function still works fine.
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 06:23 AM   #8412
heinzd01

Drives: 2010 SS RS, 1976 Type LT
I'll wait until about March 1 to start a separate mod day thread and pick a date.
heinzd01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 06:26 AM   #8413
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Quote:
I'll wait until about March 1 to start a separate mod day thread and pick a date.
Sounds good to me. I know we have a few things going on so I'll look and see what dates they are.

Thanks again for hosting! It's always a good time!
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 07:56 AM   #8414
velociSSimo
... well, not yet.

Quote:
Tax return... I had to RETURN $1300 to uncle sam.
Same here.

Quote:
My DRL harness includes 2 tiny wire nuts and some black tape. I can do it or just explain to you what to do. You do have to cut wires to do it my way but there is no worry about backfeed as the feed for the DRL is cut. Also, with my method, you NEVER have the DRLs on automatically during the day. They come on whenever the halo/marker lights come on. Yes, the auto headlight function still works fine.
Sounds like a plan!

Tags
boringeversincehausleft, doesanyoneactuallyreadthislol, drew10stealsbolts, funny tags are funny, hrpii is pregnant, iroc204hp, irocababy, irocabigsticktobeatyouall, irocansshole, irocarubmark, irocasuspension, irocfluffyslippers, irocgrocerygetter, irocinsomnia, irocsshole, the jeopardy song, trackdaymidohio, whogetsridoftheircamaro4ajeep, whydotheyhatechubby?