Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 08-09-2011, 06:24 PM   #1
Hicompression
Rumbly Bumble Bee

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Vibe/Grind felt up through gas pedal when AC first turned on

Recently it's been very hot in TX. When turning on the AC in the car after it has sat for 24 hours...I hear a thunk and a grinding type vibe is felt through the gas pedal (I can physically feel it). Anyone else experience this? Other than the physically felt grind, I can then turn the AC on and off without this issue....only happens after sitting for 24hrs. The AC works fine other than this.
Old 08-10-2011, 04:27 PM   #2
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
I would have to suggest getting it checked out by your dealer to see if they might be able to shed some light on this situation. I hope it's nothing serious and you can be in and back out on the road soon.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 10:11 AM   #3
Hicompression
Rumbly Bumble Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
I would have to suggest getting it checked out by your dealer to see if they might be able to shed some light on this situation. I hope it's nothing serious and you can be in and back out on the road soon.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
I appreciate your input but...I'm not going to take it to the dealer unless I absolutely have to. The AC blows cold. I'm just wondering if anyone else gets the weird thunk and grind. It may have to do with the extreme heat we are getting in TX right now.
Old 08-12-2011, 10:12 AM   #4
Nessal

Drives: Exige, Miata, Ghia
Ummm, not sure if it's related. But I noticed that when I turn my AC on, you can feel the car take a dip. But that is normal...however I never get any feedback through the pedals.
Nessal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 06:48 PM   #5
Hicompression
Rumbly Bumble Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nessal View Post
Ummm, not sure if it's related. But I noticed that when I turn my AC on, you can feel the car take a dip. But that is normal...however I never get any feedback through the pedals.
Yeah...it's weird...I don't know why I would feel it in the gas pedal.
Old 08-19-2011, 08:47 AM   #6
Camilla

Drives: 2011 V6 Camaro
I too am having a vibration issue with the gas pedal. have not noticed if it happens when the AC is in use or not. I will check that today when i drive the car. I have a call into the dealer and hopefully can get this checked out. I have 3800 miles on my car.. didnt notice the vibration right away but its very much noticeable now. If i find out anything i will check back and let you know
Camilla is offline   Reply With Quote