Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 05-17-2019, 08:58 PM   #1
Dennis SS
Always Lookin

Drives: 10 SS/RS 6M Blk/Blk Silver Stripes
Unhappy Not going into gear after new clutch install

I installed a new RPM transmission along with a Katech ZR1 twin disk clutch kit, a MWR short throw and a remote reservoir. I have bled the crap out of it and I still can not get the car in gear. I did the little trick by sucking the air out of the system through the reservoir. I pressure bled it, I vacuum bled it, I did the old school pump and apply pressure bled. I don't understand why its not working out. The only thing left is to replace the clutch master cylinder. Am I missing something? Doing something wrong? Perhaps missed something when I did the install? Any tips, advice, schooling, anything will be greatly appreciated.
-Skip shift eliminator
-RX Catch Can
-CAI intake
-Hurst Shifter, with custom Speed Dawg
Dennis SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 11:08 PM   #2
frankwjr

Drives: 2010 SS 2SS M6
My guess is the slave needs to be shimmed...did you measure everything before putting is back together?

When I did my clutch I added a Tick speed bleeder....works extremely well.

good luck!

Peace
Old 05-18-2019, 08:40 AM   #3
Dennis SS
Always Lookin

Drives: 10 SS/RS 6M Blk/Blk Silver Stripes
No, I didn't measure. I assumed the spacer they provided was the correct spacing for the kit. Its specifically made for Camaro's. Whats recommended specifications or general rule of thumb for shiming?
-Skip shift eliminator
-RX Catch Can
-CAI intake
-Hurst Shifter, with custom Speed Dawg
Dennis SS is offline   Reply With Quote