Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2016, 06:43 PM   #18173
Woo
O’Dark30

Drives: 2016 SS Black Panther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmetal Speedster View Post
Installed the driver side Speed Engineering longtube header before I had to go to work. Can't wait to get back and do the passenger side! Oil change will follow that tomorrow

Niiiiiice, How much did those go for and I'm taking you will need a tune after that correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-11-2016, 06:53 PM   #18174
Gunmetal Speedster

Drives: Savitar; The 500rwhp N/A Monster!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woo View Post
Niiiiiice, How much did those go for and I'm taking you will need a tune after that correct?

If you just get the longtubes themselves, it is like $280 or something like that. But if you check yes to their added options (Cat delete pipes, GM multilayered gaskets, o2 extensions) I think it was $370 shipped to my door. As far as I can tell, they are up to par with just about all the others. A lot of members on here swear by them. And yes, it's definitely recommended if you're coming from stock manifolds. It will correct the air/fuel ratios as well as tune out the rear o2 sensors so you don't get a check engine light.
*SOLD*504HP/433TQ | Night Fury cammed • Cold Air Inductions intake • Bo White ported TB • Speed Engineering 1 7/8 longtubes • NPP catback • QTP low profile cutouts • Powerbond 25% UDP • 3.73 gears • JRE scoop • ZL1 grille • R1 Concepts drilled/slotted rotors • built/tuned by Weapon X Motorsports
Old 12-11-2016, 07:06 PM   #18175
Woo
O’Dark30

Drives: 2016 SS Black Panther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmetal Speedster View Post
If you just get the longtubes themselves, it is like $280 or something like that. But if you check yes to their added options (Cat delete pipes, GM multilayered gaskets, o2 extensions) I think it was $370 shipped to my door. As far as I can tell, they are up to par with just about all the others. A lot of members on here swear by them. And yes, it's definitely recommended if you're coming from stock manifolds. It will correct the air/fuel ratios as well as tune out the rear o2 sensors so you don't get a check engine light.

That's not bad at all, I'll have to put a set of these on my checklist. I put on a Borla cat back ATAK system a few months back. I think the long tubes and deletes would be a nice addition. Thanks for sharing.

Old 12-11-2016, 08:34 PM   #18176
cawj87

Drives: 2013 CRT 2SS 6M 1LE
Drove it in the snow!

6 inches of fresh powder, unplowed slush, even uphill. The car was a champ!
Attached Images

Old 12-11-2016, 09:34 PM   #18177
davesnever

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cawj87 View Post
Honestly, I don't know how you do it? If I have to drive in the rain I have to be careful not to fishtail it all over the place. I can remember when I was younger driving my 70 Chevelle in the winter and thinking it was handful even with snow tires but maybe technology has come along since then. Needless to say mine is garaged for the winter but what kind of tires are you running?
Old 12-11-2016, 09:43 PM   #18178
Gunmetal Speedster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cawj87 View Post
You're making me dread the first hard snowfall here
*SOLD*504HP/433TQ | Night Fury cammed • Cold Air Inductions intake • Bo White ported TB • Speed Engineering 1 7/8 longtubes • NPP catback • QTP low profile cutouts • Powerbond 25% UDP • 3.73 gears • JRE scoop • ZL1 grille • R1 Concepts drilled/slotted rotors • built/tuned by Weapon X Motorsports
Old 12-12-2016, 04:29 PM   #18179
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
I had a new Delco battery installed at the dealer. 94RGP. 770 CCA.

I was at 5.75 years on the original. Supposed to be a high of 7F Thursday and it was starting to crank slow even though it's still in the 20s.

$185 installed. Did I do good?
Old 12-12-2016, 04:53 PM   #18180
Hattori Hanzo

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
Christmas came early! Got my new square set up, with Konig Oversteer wheels, 20x9.5 35 mm offset all around, wrapped with 285/35/20 BFGs.
Old 12-13-2016, 02:37 AM   #18181
Gunmetal Speedster

Got my Speed Engineering longtubes installed today. Look, perform, and sound great! I love them

Old 12-13-2016, 06:48 AM   #18182
BowlingSS
Camaro Owner Since 1987

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS L99 RJT
LT's make all the difference in a world. They look great.

Bill
VMax Ported RJT Throttle Body
XSPower Headers and XSPower 3" Exhaust System
Elite Engineering Tunnel Brace,
Gorilla Wheel Lock System; Bear Rotors, Hawk HPS
Tinted Windows 35%;EFILive Tune
Old 12-13-2016, 06:50 AM   #18183
BowlingSS
Camaro Owner Since 1987

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS L99 RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFred View Post
I had a new Delco battery installed at the dealer. 94RGP. 770 CCA.

I was at 5.75 years on the original. Supposed to be a high of 7F Thursday and it was starting to crank slow even though it's still in the 20s.

$185 installed. Did I do good?
I have over 6 years on my battery. That is about what they are going for.

Bill
VMax Ported RJT Throttle Body
XSPower Headers and XSPower 3" Exhaust System
Elite Engineering Tunnel Brace,
Gorilla Wheel Lock System; Bear Rotors, Hawk HPS
Tinted Windows 35%;EFILive Tune
Old 12-13-2016, 09:37 AM   #18184
cawj87

Drives: 2013 CRT 2SS 6M 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by davesnever View Post
Honestly, I don't know how you do it? If I have to drive in the rain I have to be careful not to fishtail it all over the place. I can remember when I was younger driving my 70 Chevelle in the winter and thinking it was handful even with snow tires but maybe technology has come along since then. Needless to say mine is garaged for the winter but what kind of tires are you running?
I have Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V2s. They are supposedly for light trucks and SUVs which I think really helps manage the heft of the Camaro compared to a passenger car snow tire. Plus the tread pattern appears to more aggressive. I would imagine technology has come a long way in tire compounds since you last tried them. I didn't have any issues with fish tailing power sliding unless I was too liberal with the throttle or when I intentionally wanted to have some fun. Even then it was completely predictable and controllable. This is my first experience in the snow with a RWD car and I was nervous heading into winter but not anymore. I like this better than my Impreza was on all seasons. Near work I have some large unplowed parking lots. In competion mode I became a drift king. I was already pretty happy with everything but last night I dug the car into my street parking space up to the rockers. I thought I was stuck for a second until I turned the traction off and added plenty of gas and it powered right out. That's uphill street parking no less haha.
Old 12-13-2016, 12:24 PM   #18185
WeflyhereSS

Drives: 2012 Black on Black Camaro 2ss
Dropped it 1'' eibach pro kit!! and Love it
Attached Images

Old 12-13-2016, 09:47 PM   #18186
Gonzo SS

Drives: 2012 IBM 2SS/RS LS3/M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woo View Post
Took him for the last ride to summit to get some things to winterize the car. I had my sons help me with the process whilst teaching them things I was never taught so I had to teach myself. It took a lot of stress of my back which is always helpful.... still have to do a wax job and throw the cover over him for hibernation..... haha
Hate to tell you after all that work, but we don't have winter in Atlanta.

Closed Thread