Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-12-2018, 07:00 AM   #127
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by l.o.d_yankee View Post
So we recived this graph from one of our customers in New jersey. The shop doing the work was Tune time performance in Lakewood. before and after mods are our X-1 manifold, 102mm TB and a Tune the car picked up 77hp on a mustang dyno! now we are not saying our manifold will net you 77hp however these are great numbers. We just thought we'd share.

p.s sorry about the size of the graph picture. (if anyone knows how to zoom in please help)
That's impressive. Whats the rest of of the setup on the car?
GPI Max Package 2.0: Brodix BR7 heads/GPI porting, MAX3 cam, ST2116LSR, BSR Max Lift rockers, LS7 LSXR with 103mm TB, Vararam OTR, Mcleod RXT, G-Force/Strange 9" IRS setup with 4.63 gear. 551whp, 11.1@124mph.
Got a question about a GPI product? Feel free to shoot me a message!
acammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 08:18 AM   #128
l.o.d_yankee

Drives: 2010/2SS/M6/440ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by acammer View Post
That's impressive. Whats the rest of of the setup on the car?
Kooks longtubes, borla exhaust, K&N cold air intake, Texas speed stage 3 cam duration: 231/246 lift 629/615 and matching heads. (quoted from the customer)
l.o.d_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 10:47 AM   #129
go_go_gadget88

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS ABM 6M
Quote:
Kooks longtubes, borla exhaust, K&N cold air intake, Texas speed stage 3 cam duration: 231/246 lift 629/615 and matching heads. (quoted from the customer)

This is basically my current setup too. Do you have a closer pic of the dyno sheet? Hard to see any actual numbers for it to be of use. What was the before and after hp/tq? Where did it peak? Unless the tune was whack to start with, i'm shocked it seemed to gain so much throughout the entire rev range.

I am just surprised that there seems to be so little data on these. That is a very pricey piece and i'm sure a lot of people (self included) are hesitant to throw down that much cash on something with so little info to back it up. Do you guys not do dyno testing with these on a non-stock motor before production?

Seems like it would be relatively easy to find a couple unbiased test mules that have a healthy cam/headwork and intake/exhaust to support it? Especially since an intake can be swapped on fairly quickly.

Not knocking you guys or your product at all. Maybe they are selling great already simply because they look freaking awesome! I can tell you that since I plan to go boosted down the road, this looks much more appealing than porting out my stock intake and having to switch it out later with something else...but some of us need more numbers before we will pull the trigger!!
2010 ABM 2SS/RS LS3 6 Speed -- Rotofab CAI | Speed Engineering 1 7/8" Longtubes w/ cat Delete | Magnaflow competition catback | TSP 231/246 cam| TSP/PAC .660" Spring Kit | TSP CNC Ported Heads | Bo White PTB | GPI Ported/RM Intake | 3.91's | BC Catch Can | MGW Shifter | BMR 1" Drop Springs | BMR Trailing arms/Toe Rods/Rear UCA Bushings | Pegasus Subframe Mounts
go_go_gadget88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 11:40 AM   #130
l.o.d_yankee

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_go_gadget88 View Post
This is basically my current setup too. Do you have a closer pic of the dyno sheet? Hard to see any actual numbers for it to be of use. What was the before and after hp/tq? Where did it peak? Unless the tune was whack to start with, i'm shocked it seemed to gain so much throughout the entire rev range.

I am just surprised that there seems to be so little data on these. That is a very pricey piece and i'm sure a lot of people (self included) are hesitant to throw down that much cash on something with so little info to back it up. Do you guys not do dyno testing with these on a non-stock motor before production?

Seems like it would be relatively easy to find a couple unbiased test mules that have a healthy cam/headwork and intake/exhaust to support it? Especially since an intake can be swapped on fairly quickly.

Not knocking you guys or your product at all. Maybe they are selling great already simply because they look freaking awesome! I can tell you that since I plan to go boosted down the road, this looks much more appealing than porting out my stock intake and having to switch it out later with something else...but some of us need more numbers before we will pull the trigger!!
This was an sent to us from one of our customers in new jersey. we had nothing to do with these numbers. we thought the same thing, the new tune was much better than the previous. You can atribute some of those numbers to the manifold however. Hence the disclaimer saying (it wont net you 77hp)
As far as the test mule goes thats the catch 22 of being in manufacturing, we can give numbers all day but because we are the one showing you the number it's not considered unbiased and fairly so. On the upside we are selling them and a new large shipment will be here in a few days so we'll keep grinding away as a small (100% American) company taking on the motorsport industry giants that manufacture overseas. We take no offense to constructive criticism, thats why we're here. The idea is to provide you the comsumer with the best product possible. More numbers to follow.
Old 10-12-2018, 11:44 AM   #131
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Quote:
Wow that's a really good number to put down. I also have all these mods except my TSP Stage 3 cam is 231/246 with 641/615 lift@ 112 LSA. Even though I don't have after market or any head work done I should be able to put down a respectable number then. I also have a 3 inch Flowmaster outlaw cat back system. I just need to buy one.. lol
Old 10-12-2018, 12:04 PM   #132
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
So we recived this graph from one of our customers in New jersey. The shop doing the work was Tune time performance in Lakewood. before and after mods are our X-1 manifold, 102mm TB and a Tune the car picked up 77hp on a mustang dyno! now we are not saying our manifold will net you 77hp however these are great numbers. We just thought we'd share.

p.s sorry about the size of the graph picture. (if anyone knows how to zoom in please help)
Man that's even with that kn intake everyone says is garbage. Guess it's not so bad after all lol

Great gains from those parts too! Wish they spun it faster though, I'm not sure it peaked yet. Do you know the before and after #'s?
Z/28 intake, NW, FAST 102, speed engineering LT's, some exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, GM flex fuel injectors, DSX flex fuel sensor, MGW shifter, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.63 @113.53
xc_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 12:08 PM   #133
go_go_gadget88

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS ABM 6M
Quote:
This was an sent to us from one of our customers in new jersey. we had nothing to do with these numbers. we thought the same thing, the new tune was much better than the previous. You can atribute some of those numbers to the manifold however. Hence the disclaimer saying (it wont net you 77hp)
As far as the test mule goes thats the catch 22 of being in manufacturing, we can give numbers all day but because we are the one showing you the number it's not considered unbiased and fairly so. On the upside we are selling them and a new large shipment will be here in a few days so we'll keep grinding away as a small (100% American) company taking on the motorsport industry giants that manufacture overseas. We take no offense to constructive criticism, thats why we're here. The idea is to provide you the comsumer with the best product possible. More numbers to follow.

Right, I get that. I would rather see numbers your customers sent in too! However, I can't see those numbers so again, do you have the befores and afters since the pic is so small?

And I guess am just waiting to see more dynos where that is the only change. Even this one, the before tune could be questionable, and it also got a bigger throttle body. So it doesn't help someone like me that has a good tune now, and isn't changing throttle body. Or like clarks, where he did ported heads at same time. So how much did heads gain, and how much did the intake? As a consumer, I have not a clue what this intake will do for me and I can't find anything remotely apples to apples to figure it out :( if this makes sense.

Also, when I say unbiased test mule, I don't mean you doing the testing (or it isn't unbiased). I am no expert, but I don't think it would have been hard to say "hey, we will sell 5 of these at a discounted price if you are willing to do a before and after dyno with this as the only mod, and give us your results" Word of mouth is some of the best advertising you can buy, I do know that much. How many throttle bodies has Bo white ported? And I've never seen a single advertisement online for him. He just does an awesome job and is transparent about what you are getting.

Don't take anything I say as too harsh of criticizing, you guys made a damn good looking intake IMHO!! But I want to know what it will do for me outside of aesthetics. Hopefully, more of these will start circulating around and people can start getting us some numbers on what JUST THIS INTAKE will gain/lose over the stock on on a variety of builds!
2010 ABM 2SS/RS LS3 6 Speed -- Rotofab CAI | Speed Engineering 1 7/8" Longtubes w/ cat Delete | Magnaflow competition catback | TSP 231/246 cam| TSP/PAC .660" Spring Kit | TSP CNC Ported Heads | Bo White PTB | GPI Ported/RM Intake | 3.91's | BC Catch Can | MGW Shifter | BMR 1" Drop Springs | BMR Trailing arms/Toe Rods/Rear UCA Bushings | Pegasus Subframe Mounts
go_go_gadget88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 12:32 PM   #134
l.o.d_yankee

Quote:
Originally Posted by xc_SS/RS View Post
Man that's even with that kn intake everyone says is garbage. Guess it's not so bad after all lol

Great gains from those parts too! Wish they spun it faster though, I'm not sure it peaked yet. Do you know the before and after #'s?
we'll message Dom to see if he has a before graph. The numbers he told us it came in at 446 hp before. Also a bigger picture of the graph overall haha
Old 10-12-2018, 12:56 PM   #135
l.o.d_yankee

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_go_gadget88 View Post
Right, I get that. I would rather see numbers your customers sent in too! However, I can't see those numbers so again, do you have the befores and afters since the pic is so small?

And I guess am just waiting to see more dynos where that is the only change. Even this one, the before tune could be questionable, and it also got a bigger throttle body. So it doesn't help someone like me that has a good tune now, and isn't changing throttle body. Or like clarks, where he did ported heads at same time. So how much did heads gain, and how much did the intake? As a consumer, I have not a clue what this intake will do for me and I can't find anything remotely apples to apples to figure it out :( if this makes sense.

Also, when I say unbiased test mule, I don't mean you doing the testing (or it isn't unbiased). I am no expert, but I don't think it would have been hard to say "hey, we will sell 5 of these at a discounted price if you are willing to do a before and after dyno with this as the only mod, and give us your results" Word of mouth is some of the best advertising you can buy, I do know that much. How many throttle bodies has Bo white ported? And I've never seen a single advertisement online for him. He just does an awesome job and is transparent about what you are getting.
Don't take anything I say as too harsh of criticizing, you guys made a damn good looking intake IMHO!! But I want to know what it will do for me outside of aesthetics. Hopefully, more of these will start circulating around and people can start getting us some numbers on what JUST THIS INTAKE will gain/lose over the stock on on a variety of builds!
absolutely, maybe a group buy or something to that effect is in order. We want to get it in the hands of anyone that wants to give us more feedback. we have hours upon hours on the dyno, engine and chassis so we know what it does under our conditions. However with all the diffrent combinations out there we always learn more.
we think it looks good too but thank you for that. we're enthusiast as well so we know where you're coming from.
Old 10-12-2018, 01:20 PM   #136
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS SGM
Quote:
we'll message Dom to see if he has a before graph. The numbers he told us it came in at 446 hp before. Also a bigger picture of the graph overall haha
446 before sounds awfully low for a heads/cam car - I suspect the tune may have had a good deal to do with that outcome. Not knocking your product, just thinking there may be a few more details there we don't get to see.

Send me one - I'll get you a really nice before and after chart (like below) - and I'll send it all the way to 7300rpm!
Attached Images

GPI Max Package 2.0: Brodix BR7 heads/GPI porting, MAX3 cam, ST2116LSR, BSR Max Lift rockers, LS7 LSXR with 103mm TB, Vararam OTR, Mcleod RXT, G-Force/Strange 9" IRS setup with 4.63 gear. 551whp, 11.1@124mph.
Got a question about a GPI product? Feel free to shoot me a message!
acammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 01:48 PM   #137
l.o.d_yankee

Quote:
446 before sounds awfully low for a heads/cam car - I suspect the tune may have had a good deal to do with that outcome. Not knocking your product, just thinking there may be a few more details there we don't get to see.

Send me one - I'll get you a really nice before and after chart (like below) - and I'll send it all the way to 7300rpm!
our thoughts as well
Old 10-12-2018, 02:24 PM   #138
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:

Agreed and Lazerlemonta would also be a great tester. He's got a M6 C6 running 10.5's on the stock cam and is super consistent. He has been trying to get it down to 10.3 and I think he could do it with this intake.

Got a track rental coming up where we could do a before/after test if you'd like one done! Since his last time out he changed to a mid-runner fast with a 102tb for the rental on 11/6.

Let me (or him) know!
Z/28 intake, NW, FAST 102, speed engineering LT's, some exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, GM flex fuel injectors, DSX flex fuel sensor, MGW shifter, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.63 @113.53
xc_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 02:53 PM   #139
lazerlemonta

Drives: 2010 C6 1LT
LOL Thanks Ryan! After this rental I am going for the cam only record. I have the current M6 stock cam stock head record and look to smash it in a few weeks. I have already purchased my cam motion custom cam and am looking for a realistic 510+ cam only number. This cam requires no fly cutting either. I will be hunting the 9s for my goal next spring.

Best ET 10.58 @ 131.8 stock heads and stock cam 453/445 SAE
10.62@134.82 GPI 281CC Heads, SS4 Cam and X1 Intake
Best 1/8 6.80@105.75
Best MPH 134.82
lazerlemonta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 04:05 PM   #140
l.o.d_yankee

Quote:
Originally Posted by xc_SS/RS View Post
Agreed and Lazerlemonta would also be a great tester. He's got a M6 C6 running 10.5's on the stock cam and is super consistent. He has been trying to get it down to 10.3 and I think he could do it with this intake.

Got a track rental coming up where we could do a before/after test if you'd like one done! Since his last time out he changed to a mid-runner fast with a 102tb for the rental on 11/6.

Let me (or him) know!
This idea i like! Which track buds creek? I used to be stationed up there and race at that track all the time