Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-07-2010, 12:17 PM   #43
DocHolliday

Drives: '14 Blade Silver Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebeecamaro View Post
this is one of the main reasons why I put my supercharger on my car when it only had 300 miles on the odometer.

it seems like no matter how small or large the mod is, GM will do any effort they can to void your warranty. therefore, I said to myself:

"okay self. if GM is gonna void your warranty for anything and everything you do to your car, you might as well give them a damn good reason to do so."

so the supercharger was installed and the rest is history.
This is one of the best posts I have read....love it!
Old 05-07-2010, 01:02 PM   #44
mekc57
IOM inside and out

Drives: 2SS/RS 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell040 View Post
I was charged $72 today just to get the dealer to make the car re-learn the tire sensors. One of them wouldn't learn using the pressure change method. They said that they had to reprogram the TPMS computer.

@$$h01Es

I gave them a bad review
All you had to do is go to the tire presure display, press the clear button and then press the relearn option and take a short drive. The drive is so the tires will heat up enough to change the air pressure and the re learn will work properly
The day I got my car I was flipping though the display and hit the relearn. the pressure readings were at 32psi not 36psi so I called my service department and he told me how to fix it over the phone
mekc57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 05:10 PM   #45
Bell040

Drives: 2SS/RS - Black - GFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by mekc57 View Post
All you had to do is go to the tire presure display, press the clear button and then press the relearn option and take a short drive. The drive is so the tires will heat up enough to change the air pressure and the re learn will work properly
The day I got my car I was flipping though the display and hit the relearn. the pressure readings were at 32psi not 36psi so I called my service department and he told me how to fix it over the phone
I know how to relearn them manually... its in the manual.

one of mine wouldn't read... the pressure change causes the horn to beep when you are in learning mode... and it did for 3 of them... but not the rear driver side. I tried it hot and cold and on 2 different days.... and drove it with the service TPMS light on for over 200 miles. I dont know what was up with it... but it needed the dealer for sure.

I swiched my OEM tires and rims (34,000 miles) with PQ's old OEM rims and tires (exact same setup that had only 2 miles on them).

I have no idea why they charged me $72... they just sent me to the cashier to get my keys.

Invioce says:

MIS Reprogram, 8 CPC $65
Vehicle Inspection,8 CPC $0
Inviromental Haz for Repair Order $7.15

yes, it is
Built: 3-30-09 (#1691)
Recieved: 6-12-09

Blacked out, Cammed (Lunati Voodoo 233/245, .578/.598 @114°, +4°), ARH LTs, VR OTR CAI, Cutouts, and lots of other fun mods.

Last edited by Bell040; 05-07-2010 at 05:20 PM.
Bell040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 01:28 AM   #46
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday View Post
Dropped off the Camaro at the dealership for a check engine light. Car has just under 1k miles on it. I get a call from the service writer telling me it will be $110 to diagnose the problem because I have a CAI installed. Does that sound right? Is there something I should try first on my own before I shell out the $ for these guys to tell me the problem or are they just completely ripping me off because they see a mod on the car?
Dude...GO TO A DIFFERENT DEALER. A CAI will NOT void your warranty. This is a plain and simple case of someone trying to rip you OFF.

Shit like this PISSES ME OFF.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 01:50 AM   #47
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Dude...GO TO A DIFFERENT DEALER. A CAI will NOT void your warranty. This is a plain and simple case of someone trying to rip you OFF.

Shit like this PISSES ME OFF.
Now, tell us how you REALLY feel!
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote