Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 10-06-2014, 03:44 AM   #1
Loveride

Drives: Camaro 2LT RS Convertible
CDC Sport Bar Installed

Howdy, just installed my new CDC Sport Bar and can't be happier with the way the installation went and how cool it looks on my 2014 2LT.
Attached Images

Loveride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 04:54 AM   #2
NYCamOwner
"Katy"

Drives: 2014 2LT A6 'Vert
It does look nice... Do you use a windscreen also? Just wondered if you did, and which one, and how they look/work together.

Possible next mods:
Throttle Body
Exhaust

Upstate C5 Member

No, that is not me in the avatar..... I just love hot girls and hot cars.... or hot girls IN hot cars....
NYCamOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 05:05 AM   #3
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
I never thought one of those would look good on a Camaro. But that looks sharp!
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 01:17 PM   #4
brwk

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Convertible - sold
Looks Great!!!
brwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 01:22 PM   #5
Loveride

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCamOwner View Post
It does look nice... Do you use a windscreen also? Just wondered if you did, and which one, and how they look/work together.
The "Love The Drive" windscreen looks lots better with this sport bar than the GM OEM one as it installs from the rear as it should and fits flush against the backside of the bar. Most GM windscreens I've seen are installed from the front side of the bar, doesn't fit right and then you can't lower it down without removing it. I'm workin on a custom version of the "Love The Ride" windscreen that won't rub the middle of the center of the back seat and leave a dent as we speak. I will post more pics as soon as I get it

Last edited by Loveride; 10-07-2014 at 12:24 PM. Reason: mispelling
Old 10-06-2014, 04:48 PM   #6
VOLmanTN
Go Vols!

Drives: 2011
Looks great! I need to get this mod installed during the winter months!
VOLmanTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 12:02 AM   #7
GinaP

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary convertible
Looks really nice ... but I don't get it's purpose other than its good looks? Does it have some other function other than aesthetic? The backseat in my 'vert is tight as it is ... with the sportsbar doesn't it make it even more difficult for someone to get in and out of the backseat? My kids actually like riding in the backseat so I don't know. Maybe it works best if you only use your backseat for stowing your purse or gym bag??
GinaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 12:30 PM   #8
Loveride

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinaP View Post
Looks really nice ... but I don't get it's purpose other than its good looks? Does it have some other function other than aesthetic? The backseat in my 'vert is tight as it is ... with the sportsbar doesn't it make it even more difficult for someone to get in and out of the backseat? My kids actually like riding in the backseat so I don't know. Maybe it works best if you only use your backseat for stowing your purse or gym bag??
Purely aesthetic. I just love the way it compliments the top down profile. As far as access to the back seat I'm about 5'11" and have no problem goin in under the bar.
Old 10-07-2014, 12:36 PM   #9
JD's 45th
No one likes a copycat

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary SS/RS Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by GinaP View Post
I have one too that was put on after I bought it. My kids always fight to sit in the front but not because of the bar. I feel bad for people that have to sit in the back. When my son was in high school I picked him and a friend up from school. The friend sat in the back. The bar was away from him but looked like it was in his face. I bought the car for myself so I don't really care for passengers.
JD's 45th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 12:57 AM   #10
Loveride

If you take your time with the installation it's not that hard to do. The included directions are pretty thorough and I've also seen a Youtube video that really helps. I had to buy a T-50 torx bit that I didn't have to remove the seat belts and that's about it.
Old 10-12-2014, 11:59 PM   #11
stormchaser

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT/RS Vert
That's awesome! Have to get me one someday. I used to do a lot of modifications to a Jeep I used to have. But I'm too busy with other things to do much on my Camaro. I wonder if the dealership installs them?
stormchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 12:05 PM   #12
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveride View Post
Purely aesthetic. I just love the way it compliments the top down profile. As far as access to the back seat I'm about 5'11" and have no problem goin in under the bar.
So this does not function as a roll bar?

That's too bad, if I had a vert I would want something that protects.
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 05:47 AM   #13
VOLmanTN
Go Vols!

Drives: 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1KillerSS View Post
So this does not function as a roll bar?

That's too bad, if I had a vert I would want something that protects.
If you do something to roll a camaro over then you might be in trouble! I can't imagine a coupe being much better off in that event. A tall person might get crushed like a tuna.
VOLmanTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 02:30 PM   #14
MGMTF

Drives: 04 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD CCSB
Personally, I have never liked the way these looked, and was happy when the Camaro verts didn't have them OEM like many of the older mustangs. However, I have to say it doesn't look bad. Still not sure I would do it, but its good you like it!
MGMTF is offline   Reply With Quote