Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 09-08-2019, 08:17 PM   #1
petercop

Drives: 2010 Synergy Edition
Try to program 2nd keyless remote

Purchased 2010 v6 manual with two programmed keys (after recall) and one working fob (with the key blade remoed). Both keys start car, remote unlocks doors and trunk.

Purchased second keyless remote with same ICC number. It matches my first remote. It came with flip out key blade that I will not use.

I want to get second remote programmed to unlock/lock doors. I can’t get my car to go into remote learn mode.

I was told to hold the door unlock button and cycle key on/off twice and then car will cycle locks and then I can program the keyless remotes. It is not working for me and car will bot go in learn mode. Is 2010 different than other years? Any help is appreciated. Is manual different than auto?

As I said, I have two working keys and one working keyless remote. Just want to program seconf remote.

THanks.
petercop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 06:09 PM   #2
petercop

Any thoughts on this?
Old 09-10-2019, 08:46 PM   #3
steakmaker

Drives: '10 Camaro SS,Jeep Commander Hemi
key fob programmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by petercop View Post
Any thoughts on this?
I'd say look up a good locksmith and call them up,ask for their price on programming the keyfob,they'll even cut the switchblade key ,I had some extras made well worth it.
steakmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 05:55 AM   #4
BLU DUCE

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IBM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by steakmaker View Post
I'd say look up a good locksmith and call them up,ask for their price on programming the keyfob,they'll even cut the switchblade key ,I had some extras made well worth it.

Yah but you still haven't given me one of the extra ones.
Old 09-19-2019, 11:23 AM   #5
petercop

Ok, took fob with blank to locksmith and he cut the key. Went home and it easily programmed with the two key/ignition method. Car say the fob is the 6th key and when it programmed, the fob button worked. Success. I can use the flip key I had cut to program future fobs as my old fob is starting to fall apart.

Don’t know why car would not go in the FOB learn mode. But I have two working keyless remotes now so I am where I wanted to be. Fob cost $15 and cutting was $30. Program was free as I did myself.
Old 11-20-2019, 12:27 AM   #6
smithsera

Drives: 2011 2SS
Can you program a new key fob yourself?

Yes. An automotive vehicle smith will handle each step of replacement a key fob. They can get you a replacement one, program it, and perform any other fob connected task. If you need a key fob replacement, it is in your best interest to decide on to induce your service from a locksmith.
Regards: Essay Help Online
smithsera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 07:55 PM   #7
'10CamaroDude
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
PROGRAM A REMOTE WITHOUT A KEY-BLADE, TO YOUR CAMARO:
If all you have is a key, and buy a remote without a key-blade, you cannot program just the FOB on it's own without a blank, non-transponder key cut for your ignition. If you have a spare key, without a FOB, it already has a transponder in it, and you cannot use it to program the remote. The remote counts as another key, even if there is no key-blade in it.

When you order just a remote from GM, they will provide you with an all-metal key, with no transponder. The head of this key will be twice the size as the key you are currently using. This key will not start the car, and do not attempt to start the car with this key.

The instructions are the same as programming a key or FOB with a key-blade, with an existing key, with one difference. You must hold the non-transponder key head to the back of the remote, and turn the key with the fob fully contacted to the FOB in step 4 below.
  1. Insert your working key into the ignition and turn it to the “ON” position (don’t start the car)
  2. Wait for the security light on the tachometer to turn off.
  3. Remove your key.
  4. Insert the NEW key (the one that hasn’t been programmed yet) into the ignition and turn it to the “ON” position.
  5. The number of keys programmed should now be displayed on the Driver Information Center and your new FOB will be ready to use.
You can only have five working keys/remotes programmed to the car. Mine said 7 when the fob was programmed. Then, I did another spare key after the FOB, and it said 8. I tried to do another one, and it would not accept a 9th programmed key. So, I have three devices; two keys, and one remote. You would have to use the RESET method to start over with "0" keys from the start.

This initial reset method can take up to 30 minutes, so be sure you have a good battery in the car.

RESET METHOD:

1. Insert your new key into the ignition.
  2. Turn the key to the “ON” position (don’t start the car)
  3. Wait 10 minutes for the security light on the tachometer to turn off.
  4. Turn the key to the “OFF” position.
    Repeat steps 2 through 4 until the security light remains ON during step 3. — Usually after the 3rd time.
  5. Once the security light no longer turns off after waiting 10+ minutes, turn the key to the “OFF” position.
  6. If the process was successful, the next time the key is turned to “ON” position, the number of keys programmed should be displayed on the Driver Information Center and your new FOB will be ready to use.
'10CamaroDude is offline   Reply With Quote