Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 08-03-2018, 04:48 PM   #1
maddoggyusa

Drives: 2013 Camaro Dusk 2SS/6
Any good car hauler recommendations?

Friend wants to have his C6 hauled from NJ to SC... preferably in an enclosed trailer. Any good places you can recommend for reasonable prices???
maddoggyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 08:20 AM   #2
Jay_LHD3

Drives: 2019 F150 RCSB Abyss FX4
Here are few that have been mentioned before. I looked in this year's Camaro Fest section but didn't see any mention. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
JP Logistics is the transport company of choice for Camaro5Fest II.

They're currently setting up special pricing for us Fest goers who either don't want to drive all the way to the fest, or who have garage queens who want to travel in comfort/style and without danger of road debris/rock chips.

George has asked me to set up this thread to see how many people are considering shipping their car to the fest.

For more information on the company, their website is...www.jplogistics.net

Please sign up below if you would like to ship your car to or from the fest.

Vendors, this means you too if you want your cars shipped while you fly out to set up your booths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shovel View Post
GB, a five day window is typical in the auto transport industry. The carriers run 6-10 vehicles on them and they never know what they will get when they show up. You wouldnt believe how many people have a running car and it just doesnt run once the driver shows to pick it up. So many small things can delay a driver, so having a time frame is better than sitting at home waiting for a driver that doesnt show because of issues out of their control.

Another thing is beware of reviews online. Sure you may see someone companies with excellent reviews and then realize that the review site is actually sponsored by the company as well... BBB is the same way. If you are a member and pay their yearly fee mysteriously negative reviews seem to fall off the face of the earth.

Look beyond the normal reviews etc and do some real homework on a company. The industry is a touch one and choosing the right company is critical.

In fact, take a look at www.ultimatetransportguide.com it goes over all the ins and outs on how the industry works.

Oh, and if you need help shipping let me know. I know trucks running that route weekly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Motorsports View Post
Reliable Carriers

Don't mess around. Use the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS45th View Post
Accelerated Services is a good shipping company, their number is 720-200-3100. Ask for Jeremy in dispatch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPT View Post
McNutt transport. I used them to get my car from Utah to WA. They were recommended to me by Becky at Rogers Chevy (from the forums). I figured they shipped a lot of cars. FWIW I went open, and received my car with no damage. Closed was just too much $$. I love my car, but it's not a $200K show car . Guess if I could afford one of those I could afford closed transport and it wouldn't of been an issue .

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB EB View Post
I used WESTERN AUTO TRANSPORT and they were great.
The driver called often to let me know when the pick up would occur and the drop off.
They were reasonably priced for an enclosed transport.

I recommend them.
Jay_LHD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 09:09 PM   #3
NicKey

Drives: Nickey Super Camaro
Reliable Carriers has a new hub in New Jersey. Not cheap, but the best never is.
NicKey is offline   Reply With Quote