Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 11-12-2017, 09:59 AM   #1
kramard

Drives: 2012 BMW 135i
Any Fiesta ST owners?

After destroying a second set of tires at a local auto x and just the fact that I’ve been driving the car way too much (and also cutting down on other hobbies such as skydiving, skiing and surfing) to protect miles / interior of the car thinking its time for a DD.

Fiesta could be a fun auto x toy. Had a nice test drive in one last night and got a deal in the works for 5,5 off of msrp (no trade / bringing my own cash and financing so not getting screwed elsewhere).

Any owners care to comment. Seem highly praised through out the net. Seems like minimal problems. Ideally would love focus Rs or type R but at twice the price that seems silly for a fwd toy. Anything else new in the 17,5 range I should consider? Checking out a dsg GTi today too.
kramard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 10:51 AM   #2
mb13

Drives: 2015 Z28 #980
Forgot his name but I think there’s a member from Oklahoma who has one. 5.5k off msrp? I see by me in va cowles ford has a new 2017 red st, 7.3k off at 18.8k. GL with finding a new DD
mb13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 10:54 AM   #3
mb13

Drives: 2015 Z28 #980
The_Raging_Bull
mb13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 10:56 AM   #4
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
Get it while you can... rumor says no more Fiesta ST's are coming the the US after 2017.

http://www.thedrive.com/news/14397/t...ing-to-america

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 11:05 AM   #5
Supercup
Life Is Short Enjoy It!

Drives: Original Owner 15 Z/28 #934
I drove the Focus ST, R and the Golf GTI and Golf R in September - I preferred GTI to the ST and the R to the RS - great deals can be had on 2017 ST or GTI - $5k off MSRP minimum.

2018 GTI comes with 6 yr 72k bumper to bumper warranty and is mid model re-fresh with a lot of nice updates. Because of this I decided to wait and go with the Golf R for my DD. 2018 GTI and R are being held at Port until dealers sell of most of the remaining 2017 inventory. I know here in S. Cal they still have multiple (50-100 + per my dealer) 2017 GTI's at the port to allocate to dealers as of this past week.

ST is a great value as is GTI for what you get. GTI is a little more refined while ST a little more raw - for a DD the refined ride was what sold me on the GTI/R versus the ST/RS.

Either way you can't go wrong all are great value, very usable and a lot of fun to drive!

Good luck finding the right car for you.
Supercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 08:58 AM   #6
dgreenberg

Drives: ‘14 Z/28 #352, ‘16 ACR,
I️ agree with you. I️ had a 2015 Golf R (DSG) for about a year and a half. Wanted more engagement so I️ got a 2016 Focus RS. Sure it’s faster and makes you smile every time you drive like a hooligan, but at the expense of comfort and refinement. Thinking of going back to the R for any daily . I️ already have my Z for fun so why not?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dgreenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 09:36 AM   #7
kramard

Drives: 2012 BMW 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgreenberg View Post
I️ agree with you. I️ had a 2015 Golf R (DSG) for about a year and a half. Wanted more engagement so I️ got a 2016 Focus RS. Sure it’s faster and makes you smile every time you drive like a hooligan, but at the expense of comfort and refinement. Thinking of going back to the R for any daily . I️ already have my Z for fun so why not?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How'd you guys find the focus rs? I got 4 hot laps in one on track and I loved it. I wish I turned the nanny's off but I was being a responsible adult in my student's car . It was nice that he let me take 4 real hot laps in it. I found the steering darty but loved the rest of the package. I just think that's more than I can spend for a second car.

On MPSS is was about 3 seconds a lap slower then the Z/28 on finished R888Rs. I pretty much gave it everything I had on this lap. (Nannies on, track mode). Sorry the data's kind of a joke - android doesn't like its internal GPS all that much...

kramard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 11:27 AM   #8
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kramard View Post
After destroying a second set of tires at a local auto x and just the fact that I’ve been driving the car way too much (and also cutting down on other hobbies such as skydiving, skiing and surfing) to protect miles / interior of the car thinking its time for a DD.

Fiesta could be a fun auto x toy. Had a nice test drive in one last night and got a deal in the works for 5,5 off of msrp (no trade / bringing my own cash and financing so not getting screwed elsewhere).

Any owners care to comment. Seem highly praised through out the net. Seems like minimal problems. Ideally would love focus Rs or type R but at twice the price that seems silly for a fwd toy. Anything else new in the 17,5 range I should consider? Checking out a dsg GTi today too.
Thread moved to General Automotive & Other Cars

-DG
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 02:01 PM   #9
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
I haven't had the chance to drive a Fiesta ST, but I did drive a Focus ST. Hot damn that thing was fun to drive. For what it was, the fun factor in that car was incredible.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 02:18 PM   #10
Jay_LHD3

Drives: 2019 F150 RCSB Abyss FX4
Last year I sold my Camaro (2010 2SS) and picked up a new 2016 Fiesta SE for around 9K. At the time I was still waiting for the ZR2 to come out and was on the fence about about spending 40K on a Golf R.

This year the Fiesta was paid for and the only thing it was missing was some "GO". Still on the fence about what to get, I traded in the SE for a new 2017 Fiesta ST a few months ago.

Pros:
The ST is extremely fun to drive and very cheap to own/maintain. Around town I feel like I'm in a go kart. I'm averaging around 30-34mpg. The handling is spot on. The price... I picked up my ST for just under 18K.

Cons:
You have to keep the car in the powerband to drive it. For instance I have to down shift from 2nd to 1st to get up my driveway. Also the factory brakes are no better than what was on the SE. I foresee doing the big brake conversion. Next I say that the gearbox is real clunky and noisy when shifting. The last con for me is the comfort on the interstate. After about three hours my legs and feet start cramping up. I'm six feet tall riding with the seat all the way back and there is no extra room.

For me the pros outweigh the cons!

Jay_LHD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 02:44 PM   #11
JerTM

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kramard View Post
How'd you guys find the focus rs? I got 4 hot laps in one on track and I loved it. I wish I turned the nanny's off but I was being a responsible adult in my student's car . It was nice that he let me take 4 real hot laps in it. I found the steering darty but loved the rest of the package. I just think that's more than I can spend for a second car.

On MPSS is was about 3 seconds a lap slower then the Z/28 on finished R888Rs. I pretty much gave it everything I had on this lap. (Nannies on, track mode). Sorry the data's kind of a joke - android doesn't like its internal GPS all that much...

We have two at my dealership, can't seem to sell the turds. I say turd because I don't feel it lived up to the hype, but it's still a decent car.
JerTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 03:50 PM   #12
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Another con on the Fiesta ST, its a small car. I mean small, like really small lol
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 04:07 PM   #13
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
Another con on the Fiesta ST, its a small car. I mean small, like really small lol
I sat in an FiST when they first came out at the DC autoshow and that is the first thing I noticed: its tiny!!! Focus was a little better, but both felt cramped to me.

If it was my money I'd look at the Golf GTI
Z/28 intake, NW, FAST 102, speed engineering LT's, some exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, GM flex fuel injectors, DSX flex fuel sensor, MGW shifter, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.63 @113.53
xc_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 09:51 PM   #14
wakespeak

Drives: 2020 ZL1 1LE
My track buddy has 2 Fiesta STs. Sold his Mustang GT350 for the second one (everything in the powertrain broke on the GT350, I mean everything). They are very competitive on the track.

Here he is at MSR Houston: