Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 05-05-2009, 02:50 PM   #1
renderinfo
R6P Member

Drives: Camaro 5th Gen
R6P-If Window Stckr shows price increases-How do u get dealer 2 honor org MSRP price?

Many people ordered prior to the 2 announced price increases (IOM paint increase, Auto Trans increase, Factory installed Stripe increase, according to the past and previous chevrolet.com price listings).

I have in writing from the dealer to sell "at MSRP" (Which is the only guarantee you could hope to get as a pre-order). I preordered mine 10/28...

But...

The Window Sticker URL for my VIN and the Chev website shows all pricing at the "current" price, that is, an extra charge for IOM, and factory installed stripes, and the auto trans. It seems kinda creepy that I have to pay for extra IOM when I never "realized" that IOM was a premium color and when I ordered stripes they were $395, and now being reported as $470. I can sort of buy the Auto trans increase from 995 to 1185 because of the "remote start" surcharge or whatever...

I read on another thread to just "tell my dealer to honor the original price and GM will credit the dealer the difference". While that may or may not be true, the only thing I have in writing is MSRP. My dealer can honestly "play dumb" and say the agreed on price is MSRP, and there was no guaranteed pricing until the window sticker/invoice was available... especially if the window sticker and "current" MSRP tools includes the price increases.

How on earth to I get the dealer to honor the pricing before the April announced price increases? Please help!
renderinfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 02:56 PM   #2
blueforza

Drives: RJT 2SS/RS
GREAT QUESTION ?? can anyone offically help?.... What should be the price then and now on a 2SS RS
Old 05-05-2009, 02:59 PM   #3
Crowley
Okie doke

Drives: 2012 GT500
The dealer sent me pricing that had a number (not just MSRP) once the initial MSRP was released ...

But that is a good question .. hopefully someone can chime in and answer it ..

Crowely
Old 05-05-2009, 03:01 PM   #4
cam2fst4u

Drives: 08 SS trailblazer,08 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to cam2fst4u
how well do you know them? Have they treated you fairly in the past?
cam2fst4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 03:05 PM   #5
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
I'd ask them now before the car actually gets here. Be cool, but be firm!
SSOOCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 03:08 PM   #6
ravensjeff
100% Chevy & Harley Man

Drives: 2010 2SS: Blown LSX 376-B15
Well it was widely promoted that all who ordered early was price protected. Sounds like we need to Beam up Camaro Scotty to the bridge!!
ravensjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 03:12 PM   #7
renderinfo
R6P Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post
I'd ask them now before the car actually gets here. Be cool, but be firm!
That sounds "easy", but
since I've never discussed MSRP with them before,
never threw "preliminary MSRP numbers" back and forth,
official MSRP pricing released always seems to have a disclaimer like "subject to change without notice"

My challenge is to show that prices actually increased since my order, and even though the window sticker says one thing, they shouldn't really charge me for the IOM premium cost and the stripe price increase because the site didn't show that a few months ago. When I placed my order, there was little to NO pricing, and the only "estimated MSRP" came from Order Workbook PDF files marked up by members of this site. I feel stupid calling them without some sort of hard "proof" to back my claims up...

What should I cite to them to verify that IOM wasn't a premium when I ordered or factory stripes really used to be $395? Doesn't sound like something I would do if I were a dealer... Especially if this dealer really wasn't proactive in obtaining pricing for the camaros, but always "waited" for GM to tell them something... Get my drift?
Old 05-05-2009, 03:14 PM   #8
mutant chicken
Mutant Member

Drives: '10 SS/RS, '10 Mini , 07 Harley
I would love to hear the answer to this as well....

At this point all we have from our dealer is the same thing, a promise to sell at msrp, but he keeps telling us he will have the price for us " soon ", now I have the price list that I printed from this website with all the prices, from invoice to msrp for all the items, including the car and all the seperate accesories. I plan on taking this with us when we pick up the car, but at this point our dealer still hasn't given us a price and my wife is freaking out ! I don't think he is going to rip us off or anything ( keeping fingers crossed ) , he keeps telling me the car is going to be around 37k, this is for a 2SS w/ black stripes, sunroof, polished wheels. When I run the numbers I get $37812.05 so I'm not too worried, yet. But, I wonder which msrp he plans on trying to use ???

mutant chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 03:17 PM   #9
hiway61revisted

Drives: 2010 Camaro & 2000 Silverado
my dealer also wrote up the order for the car to be sold at msrp, and made it clear to me that msrp could change between now and when I receive car.
hiway61revisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 03:27 PM   #10
tjbusa
Serious Sleeper

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS M6
I had my sales manager write up the deal, tax, tag, and title included and less my deposit. I know to the penny how much to show up with on delivery day. Since this won't be the last car you ever buy, don't leave yourself open to added charges and get it in writing next time. Thats the beauty of preordering at an introductory price.
On the downside.... many people have already got their cars or can buy them as lot cars while I wait at event code 1100. But I will get my car the way I want it at an agreed price.
tjbusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 03:33 PM   #11
franknbeans
Whipped

Drives: 2010 CAMARO
when a lot of us places our orders in October there was no confirmed price sheet to go off of. . . thus we couldnt get it down to the dollar price quote.
Old 05-05-2009, 03:48 PM   #12
renderinfo
R6P Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjbusa View Post
I had my sales manager write up the deal, tax, tag, and title included and less my deposit. I know to the penny how much to show up with on delivery day. Since this won't be the last car you ever buy, don't leave yourself open to added charges and get it in writing next time. Thats the beauty of preordering at an introductory price.
On the downside.... many people have already got their cars or can buy them as lot cars while I wait at event code 1100. But I will get my car the way I want it at an agreed price.
While what you said may be 100% true, it doesn't help those of us who ordered prior to pricing being available, yet were still "smart enough" to get MSRP in writing.

Any ideas on how I can get the dealer to honor MSRP prior to April? Or more specifically, how do I prove to the dealer that MSRP was less prior to April (IOM wasn't a premium, and factory installed stripes were $395 not $470)? Or even better, can a dealer just chime in and tell me that when my window sticker is officially printed, it won't reflect the IOM premium and stripe price increase? The URL for the window sticker at wwww23.chevrolet.com for my vin and the "build you own" website shows otherwise...
Old 05-05-2009, 04:04 PM   #13
Silver Streak

Drives: 2008 Cobalt SS/TC
Send a message via AIM to Silver Streak Send a message via MSN to Silver Streak
This is very good question, hope to see some answers!

"The future is in the windshield, not the rear-view mirror!"

"If you haven't gone a 175 mph on land, you haven't lived! That's just a fact!" - Ricky Bobby
Silver Streak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 04:05 PM   #14
prostreet67

Drives: 67 prostreet
I was told that what ever msrp was when it got here is what I would pay. no more no less.

2LT/RS-RJT, auto, sunroof,
polished wheels, spare.
order placed 3/13
3000 5/27
brought home 7/30
prostreet67 is offline   Reply With Quote