Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-30-2008, 12:46 PM   #1
BumbleBee
Yes, I am a girl

Drives: 2006 Pontiac Vibe
Transformers: The Ride?

Yep, you heard me

Quote:
It's a good time to be a Transformers fan. The big screen adaptation of the cartoon franchise last year wasn’t a disaster, and probably helped boost the franchise a bit. While a sequel for the film is planned, it seems to be staying on the horizon, just out of reach, for the time being. But there are more than just movies in the works for the Transformers franchise, and if the new rumors prove true, fans may get to experience the wonder of the Transformers firsthand.

IESB is reporting the possibility that Paramount and Hasbro may be developing a Transformers based theme park ride. This wouldn’t be a roller coaster or a flight simulator, but (following the theme of “more than meets the eye”), a dark ride. For those who have made the journey to major theme parks, think The Indiana Jones Adventure at Disneyland, or Dinosaur at Walt Disney World – although they could also be as simple as The Haunted Mansion or Pirates of the Carribean. The idea is that you’re in a vehicle that travels through the dark ride, which presents scenes to you through lighting, animation, sound, etc.

The rumors surrounding the ride suggest it would probably be set after Transformers 2 (and before a possible Transformers 3), and story ideas are vague. Most likely it would feature a battle between the two factions (Autobots and Decepticons) at some point in the ride, although that’s speculation. The rumors seem to indicate some characters may die in the second film, and therefore wouldn’t be available to be placed in the ride, so even the characters are up in the air right now.

The ride is in the early stages of planning, with Paramount in talks with engineering firms to start development on it (so even that dark ride concept could change) and there’s no word where the ride might end up. Paramount owns several theme parks (King’s Island, King’s Dominion, and Carowinds), but has teamed up with the Walt Disney parks for other rides (such as the Indiana Jones series). I could also see Universal possibly wanting to get in on such a ride, which would fit their Universal Studios movie-based theme, although they are currently pretty tied up adapting part of their park to The World of Harry Potter.

Would you like to see a Transformers ride, with the possibility of transforming versions of the characters battling it out before your eyes? Or is this something better saved for the big screen, where digital effects can truly make the characters wondrous?
Transformers: the ride

...second to none
BumbleBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 02:28 PM   #2
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
That would be VERY cool! We just went to Disneyland last year...very cool themed rides and all. I think that would make a great addition.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 07:11 PM   #3
swazworth
the nerd king

Drives: 2005 scion xb...
sweet
swazworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 08:31 PM   #4
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
That would be VERY cool! We just went to Disneyland last year...very cool themed rides and all. I think that would make a great addition.
Yes, Disneyland is great, but I highly doubt we would get this ride. DCA already has its $1.1 billion makeover plan pretty well set, and a Transformers ride is not in those plans at this time. It could fit in Tomorrowland, which is rumored to be set for another makeover soon, but I'm not sure if Disney would want to go through the licensing hassles. Disney already has enough material of its own to work with.
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 09:59 PM   #5
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Well, isn't Californialand supposed to be going Cars crazy? Or the guy who started the whole thing up? I heard that Pixar is supposed to be setting up a "Cars" themed ride in the near future over in Californialand...or Disney....one of the two. I'll have to get back to you on that one, but Dad was telling me something about it.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 10:23 PM   #6
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
DCA will be getting "Carsland" in last remaining piece of parking lot out back as part of the $1.1 billion makeover. It will include three attractions inspired by Disney-Pixar's Cars. One will be in the styling of the old Flying Saucers ride (http://www.yesterland.com/saucers.html) but with Luigi's tires replacing the saucers. Another will be a Mater-themed ride with tractors whipping around carts that passengers will sit in. Finally the centerpiece will be the E-ticket level "Radiator Springs Racers" featuring a latest-generation Test Track style ride system allowing for head-to-head high speed "racing". Here's more info, plus concept art:

http://travel.latimes.com/daily-deal-blog/?p=1004

http://travel.latimes.com/daily-deal-blog/?p=1003

http://travel.latimes.com/daily-deal-blog/?p=962

Anyway, Carsland will be entirely themed to Disney-Pixar's Cars and will resemble Radiator Springs. No other film tie-ins are planned at this time and would frankly look very out of place.
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote