Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion

Old 08-04-2022, 01:38 PM   #1
Heads-up

Drives: 2010 2SS
Tach with adjustable staging light

I'm bracket racing my car. It's difficult to watch the tach and the tree at the same time. I'd like a stage light on my dash that is adjustable similar to a shift light. I can do this by ear, but in bracket racing 100 rpm or a few hundreths of a second can be the difference between a win and a loss. I'm running sportsman class so a starting line rev limiter or two step are not legal. Anyone have a source for one of these?
Heads-up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 11:44 AM   #2
Heads-up

Drives: 2010 2SS
Did some research the closest thing I can find is from Holley Sniper stand-alone shift light part number 840002-1. It's not exactly what I needed but I can make it work. It plugs into the OBD II port so no wiring is needed.
Heads-up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 02:28 PM   #3
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS SGM
I have the Speed Hut OBDII light on my car - it's a rebrand of that Holley Sniper. The launch function works well, I have used it at the track with my stick car. I use a 2 step now, but I understand why that's not an option for your class.
GPI Max Package 2.0: Brodix BR7 heads/GPI porting, MAX3 cam, ST2116LSR, BSR Max Lift rockers, LS7 LSXR with 103mm TB, Vararam OTR, Mcleod RXT, G-Force/Strange 9" IRS setup with 4.63 gear. 551whp, 11.1@124mph.
Got a question about a GPI product? Feel free to shoot me a message!
acammer is offline   Reply With Quote