Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 06-12-2017, 11:23 PM   #29
Liquidity
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Camaro Z/28
Quote:
I also ordered all of the trunk pieces from GM parts direct and now my trunk has all of the parts that were missing due to weight savings. Like I said my car will not see the track very often so these additions were more important to me than the little bit of weight that were saved by deleting them.
I want to add the same pieces to my trunk and was wondering what parts you purchase?

Thanks in Advance.
Liquidity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 07:39 AM   #30
tylerio
EXTREMZ

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #891, 2012 2SS 45th Anni
I DD and track my Z28. 12,500 sensational miles. About 15 track days, and it's everything as advertised on the track. Running Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2s, 305 front, 315 rear. Two track days on these tires ( last set was Nitto NT-01s, 305s all around). Found the PSC2s very sensitive to air pressure. One session I set the pressures a couple of lbs. lower and I was stepping out whereas I was fine the session before. Then the last session of day the temps got too high in rear (38lbs) and that resulted in losing some traction as well. Seemed that the sweet spot was around 33-35 lbs. (hot).

I run 31 lbs. (cold) for street driving. Everywhere I go, people gawk at the car.
JPSS Oil cooler
JPSS SAI plates
JPSS Rear sway bar
Forza Continenti exhaust controller
ZL1 Add-ons wickerbill
Brey-Krause Harness bar
Schroth 4 pt. ASM harnesses
Auto-blip
tylerio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 03:07 PM   #31
Supercup
Life Is Short Enjoy It!

Drives: Original Owner 15 Z/28 #934
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerio View Post
I DD and track my Z28. 12,500 sensational miles. About 15 track days, and it's everything as advertised on the track. Running Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2s, 305 front, 315 rear. Two track days on these tires ( last set was Nitto NT-01s, 305s all around). Found the PSC2s very sensitive to air pressure. One session I set the pressures a couple of lbs. lower and I was stepping out whereas I was fine the session before. Then the last session of day the temps got too high in rear (38lbs) and that resulted in losing some traction as well. Seemed that the sweet spot was around 33-35 lbs. (hot).

I run 31 lbs. (cold) for street driving. Everywhere I go, people gawk at the car.

Check out the attached pdf put out by Michelin on the Sport Cup II's - some good information. Recommend 32 - 36 hot pressures for road racing and auto cross.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Michelin_Care_and_Feeding.pdf (3.91 MB, 69 views)
Supercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 07:05 AM   #32
j o n

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #0058
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahatch133 View Post
I actually work at a Chrysler dealership.... and I caught flack for buying the Z instead of a Hellcat.... yet I explained to everyone it's a true drivers car, and if I wanted a straight line gofast car a Hellcat might have been in the running. Since I have taken my sales guys on drives they now understand my purchase! I've owned the Z for a little less then a week and have put 1000 miles on it.... (help from the drive from North Carolina to Michigan on the way home) but I fully intend to drive it daily as much as weather permits!
Buys Z/28 in 2017 working at Chrysler dealership. Trades it in at Ford dealer...

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ckType=listing
- '15 Z/28 #0058 | White | A/C | Speakers | Michelin PS4S 305/30/19's
- '22 Ridgeline RTL | White | Ebony, '22 CR-V EX-L Hybrid | White | Ebony
Sold:
- '15 Z/28 #0048 | White | A/C | Speakers | Michelin PS4S 305/30/19's
https://www.instagram.com/__jon__athan__/
j o n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 07:42 AM   #33
HoodCheck

Drives: 2018 ZLE (M6/hyper blue)
I daily mine as well. The only thing I've found about dailying her is that anyone who says it can't be has never driven one, and probably thinks none have AC Absolutely love this car. Its the first car I've ever owned I have no desire to get rid of. I really don't feel much of a difference between the Z/28 and my '16 2SS I had, or my '12 2SS either for that matter in regards to general ride quality.
HoodCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 02:03 PM   #34
pzero

Drives: 2015 Camaro Z/28 #968 Silver Ice M
You hit that on the spot. I’ve driven other performance cars, but nothing feels special like this Z/28. I love the sound, the smell, and sight of the Z/28 period. GM sure did make a special car this time around.

I don’t DD, but when hitting on the on-ramp of a highway doing 90 + and doing 135 on a free way sure does feel special. Having the HPD and the DPS chasing you down and you stomp on the gas pedal doing 150+ is very special. After several minutes of chase you loose the two in the rear view mirror, as the flashing lights fades further you are down the road. You hear a bazaar sound up in the air; only to see a sheriff copter chasing you down is surreal. Stomp on the gas pedal to the floor doing 180+ sure does feel special. This Z just hunkers down and hugs the road on 6th gear and it feels like you’re driving on ice. Buuuzzz, damn it’s 5:30 am, gotta get up and go to work. Later fellas.
pzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 06:13 AM   #35
MIKZ28

Drives: 2015 Camaro Z/28 #311
I have been DD my Z (Summers only) for 2 years now. The car has just over 10,000 miles now. I do very much enjoy driving it although I live in Illinois and the roads are very Poor. Lots and lots of bumps, pot holes, and raised expansion joints. I have developed a problem with my neck that is directly related to driving the Z in my opinion. Very sore on the right side. much pain when I turn my head to the right. A snapping and popping noise when I turn my head. I have stopped driving the car now for about a month and have felt a vast improvement in my neck pain. I am 61 years old and I don't heal as fast as I used to. I have been considering selling the Z because of this although I really love it so. I have stopped driving it now and I will see if my neck pain worsens again when I start driving it again next spring. Has anybody else suffered any pain because of the Z's very harsh suspension? I was lust curious and I wanted to get my warning out for anybody thinking of buying A Z to use as a DD.
MIKZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 06:36 AM   #36
HoodCheck

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKZ28 View Post
I have been DD my Z (Summers only) for 2 years now. The car has just over 10,000 miles now. I do very much enjoy driving it although I live in Illinois and the roads are very Poor. Lots and lots of bumps, pot holes, and raised expansion joints. I have developed a problem with my neck that is directly related to driving the Z in my opinion. Very sore on the right side. much pain when I turn my head to the right. A snapping and popping noise when I turn my head. I have stopped driving the car now for about a month and have felt a vast improvement in my neck pain. I am 61 years old and I don't heal as fast as I used to. I have been considering selling the Z because of this although I really love it so. I have stopped driving it now and I will see if my neck pain worsens again when I start driving it again next spring. Has anybody else suffered any pain because of the Z's very harsh suspension? I was lust curious and I wanted to get my warning out for anybody thinking of buying A Z to use as a DD.

To me it doesnt feel any different than any other Camaro I've owned really other than it holds the turns better (comparing to my old SS from the 4th, 5th and 6th gen, 3rd gen IROC/Z28, TA, Firehawk, and Firebirds). No neck pain ever, however I found if you don't sit straight in the recaros, they do cause a bit of irritation in my back.
Old 10-05-2019, 06:39 AM   #37
HoodCheck

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzero View Post
You hit that on the spot. I’ve driven other performance cars, but nothing feels special like this Z/28. I love the sound, the smell, and sight of the Z/28 period. GM sure did make a special car this time around.

I don’t DD, but when hitting on the on-ramp of a highway doing 90 + and doing 135 on a free way sure does feel special. Having the HPD and the DPS chasing you down and you stomp on the gas pedal doing 150+ is very special. After several minutes of chase you loose the two in the rear view mirror, as the flashing lights fades further you are down the road. You hear a bazaar sound up in the air; only to see a sheriff copter chasing you down is surreal. Stomp on the gas pedal to the floor doing 180+ sure does feel special. This Z just hunkers down and hugs the road on 6th gear and it feels like you’re driving on ice. Buuuzzz, damn it’s 5:30 am, gotta get up and go to work. Later fellas.

I grew up in Houston; no comment other than sometimes its smarter to stay away from HPD, but moreso the constables

Is Rankin Rd still around and collecting street racers on the weekend nights?
Old 10-06-2019, 07:59 AM   #38
GeneRoss

Drives: 14 Z/28 #368 02 SS(sold) 2012 Equus
You can daily drive the Z but I wouldn't recommend it. To me, IMO the car is too nice and too special to be leaving it out everywhere. At least in NYC it is. For that reason I've been very hesitant to just drive it for daily purposes. I do take it out after a long week where I want to just enjoy driving. This car nails that part down perfectly. Incredibly fun car. Once I get my paint correction done, ceramic coat, and paint protection applied I'll drive it around town a little more. It annoys me to no end seeing a little rock chips and paint marks on this car.

The other aspect is.... this thing just wants to go. And when you go it handles it perfectly. Then it just stops on a dime every time no issues. Too much potential for the street. I'd get in trouble if this was my daily.
2014 Z/28 #368
GeneRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 11:46 PM   #39
macalot

Drives: 1969 Z/28 + 2015 Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneRoss View Post
I'd get in trouble if this was my daily.
Hehe, I'm real glad I live in the country more or less and have real country roads not too far away or I'd be in the same boat
Old 10-08-2019, 09:28 AM   #40
pzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWilsonSr View Post
I grew up in Houston; no comment other than sometimes its smarter to stay away from HPD, but moreso the constables

Is Rankin Rd still around and collecting street racers on the weekend nights?
Yep, Rankin's still around. More revenue for the city with tickets.
Old 10-08-2019, 09:40 AM   #41
Mark_Z28

Drives: Black 2015 Z28 #457
Quote:
Originally Posted by macalot View Post
Hehe, I'm real glad I live in the country more or less and have real country roads not too far away or I'd be in the same boat
I didn't realize there were good twisty roads in the PGH area. would love to know if you have any recommendations. I'm there alot.

Did DD mine a lot until this year. Not so much anymore. 68k miles and still runs like brand new.
Mark_Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 09:49 AM   #42
pzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKZ28 View Post
I agree but all high performance cars are harsh. Z/28 ride is no different than say GT 350, Porsche 911, or Ferrari in my opinion.

I have the same neck pain as well. Went to a chiropractor here in Houston and holy behold, he had chart of cars not to DD. Z/28 was one of them. That's because we pass up so many cars doing rubber necking all the time. LOL, joking aside. Hope you feel better so you can driver her again soon.