Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-25-2020, 12:19 PM   #29
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Interested in seeing some of the 0 to 60 and 1/4 times in the a10 ss 1le. If C&D and R&T managed to get 3.9 and 12.3 respectively with an m6 the a10 should impress. The a10 is not for me but ultimately I respect it and if the Mach1 will have an a10 option then it is good for the ss 1le to have one as well for the sake of market competition.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 12:23 PM   #30
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50MileSmile View Post
Chevrolet will not spend the money to develop a DCT for the Camaro at this late stage in its life - and no, the one for the C8 will not work. Plus, now that transmission makers have figured out how to properly tune a conventional automatic to work better than a DCT, automakers like BMW are starting to phase out DCTs in favor of high-performance conventional automatics. The A10 is the future, not the past.
I do remember seeing an article with BMW engineers claiming as much and how it is easier to make a torque converter trans that can handle big power. Obviously the dct has it's many advantages but I don't think the TC auto is going anywhere anytime soon.

I'll be interesting what Ford does with the new Predator equipped Raptor that has been leaked. Can't imagine they would stick a dct in a truck that has other duties besides going fast, but still interested to see if they somehow went dct over a10. Idk if they have a version of the a10 ready to take 5.2 Predator power yet, but who knows what they're working on.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 02:17 PM   #31
Scargoes

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 2SS 1LE
Does the A10 SS1LE have AFM?

1:34.20 Willow Springs Big Track
Scargoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 03:51 PM   #32
Matos1LE

Drives: SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyBeefcake87 View Post
I do remember seeing an article with BMW engineers claiming as much and how it is easier to make a torque converter trans that can handle big power. Obviously the dct has it's many advantages but I don't think the TC auto is going anywhere anytime soon.

I'll be interesting what Ford does with the new Predator equipped Raptor that has been leaked. Can't imagine they would stick a dct in a truck that has other duties besides going fast, but still interested to see if they somehow went dct over a10. Idk if they have a version of the a10 ready to take 5.2 Predator power yet, but who knows what they're working on.
How much power is a 5.2 Predator slated to make? There are several A10 ZL1s in the 1000hp league at this point, so I can't imagine it would be too hard to have an A10 handle that. Conversely, there are way too many 1000+hp GTRs and Porsche Turbos running DCTs, so I don't see that being a stretch either.
Matos1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 03:53 PM   #33
Staves

Drives: women crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coded4SS View Post
Manual is really proper in a car like the 1le. I know the autos are much better but it's just stale. The manuals will hold their value better and will be more saught after. It's good the auto is an option anything to keep selling the cars. But I couldn't imagine buying a automatic trans.
Had a manual SS, Mustang GT, Focus ST, and now A10 SS. I know I'm in the minority but "bigger and heavier" cars like the Camaro and Mustang become somewhat of a chore to shift manually and seem almost pointless considering all of the torque. The Focus ST seemed like it belonged there to stretch that 4 cyl and it was lighter.
Old 09-02-2020, 12:32 AM   #34
YoungFamous
Amos6.2Jr

Drives: 21 A10 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scargoes View Post
Does the A10 SS1LE have AFM?
Should yea, since the A10s do
YoungFamous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 09:25 AM   #35
Matos1LE

Drives: SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staves View Post
Had a manual SS, Mustang GT, Focus ST, and now A10 SS. I know I'm in the minority but "bigger and heavier" cars like the Camaro and Mustang become somewhat of a chore to shift manually and seem almost pointless considering all of the torque. The Focus ST seemed like it belonged there to stretch that 4 cyl and it was lighter.
I have the M6 in my SS1LE and can't say I fully agree. It's very fun to row gears in. I do somewhat agree that you don't enjoy shifting as much on the street due to the power and torque; any one gear can go so fast you don't do much shifting. On the track however, you can enjoy it more.
Matos1LE is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1le, a10, ss 1le