Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 07-19-2015, 04:38 PM   #1
10' Camaro SC

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 5th Gen 6spd SC
Defective Scosche dash kit???

Tried Installing the Scosche dash kit today. Everything seems to be working except the following;
  • The touch screen doesn't display all the A/C setting & seat warmers, etc.
  • All the physical buttons on the left side of the unit doesn't work (There has been a couple times that it came on but then flickers off)
  • Some of the back lighting behind the buttons don't work.
  • All the physical buttons on right side work (lock/unlock, hazards, settings)

The unit has to be defective (mainly the A/C controls/screen). The radio, steering wheel controls, etc. work. It would be hard to believe its the harness & all connections were soldered and followed all the Instructions.

Does everyone agree this unit is defective?

Attached is a picture

Thanks
Attached Images

Last edited by 10' Camaro SC; 07-19-2015 at 05:39 PM.
10' Camaro SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 12:55 PM   #2
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
That would be my assumption as well. But you will need to contact the seller and/or Scosche for confirmation.
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 01:24 PM   #3
jeffa

Drives: 2014 2LT/RS Ashen Gray Metallic
Did you follow Scosche's instructions on first connecting the display connector? You don't plug in the harnesses that connect to the kit until you take the key out of the ignition, close all doors and wait at least 6 min. for the car to turn the BCM off. If you don't follow this, the Scosche kit will not work properly.
jeffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 03:45 PM   #4
10' Camaro SC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffa View Post
Did you follow Scosche's instructions on first connecting the display connector? You don't plug in the harnesses that connect to the kit until you take the key out of the ignition, close all doors and wait at least 6 min. for the car to turn the BCM off. If you don't follow this, the Scosche kit will not work properly.
Ya I tried that procedure several times and still nothing. I contacted PHastekperformance and there gonna get a new shipment in later this week and overnight it. So hopefully this weekend/early next week I can finish this Install. Hope the new dash kit has zero Issues.
Old 07-21-2015, 06:18 AM   #5
Rizzo

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL-1 SIM
Man. I am sorry to hear that there are still Scosche issue. There is a long thread about issues here. You may want to post there as well to see what others have to say:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=246752
Old 07-21-2015, 09:15 PM   #6
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
As many failures they have had I would guess yours is also defective. I really want to install one but I have read horror stories over and over about this unit and also the Metra.

I know some of you haven't had any problems but even a 10% failure rate for a company is HUGE and simply not acceptable. I would guess their failure rate is much higher than 10%, probably closer to 50%.
OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 11:38 AM   #7
joefx13

Drives: 2015 Camaro LT
Disconnect the assembly. Then wait the normal 5/10 minutes. Reconnect the Scoshce kit. Cycle the ignition 3 times. On the 3rd cycle power on car on. When the unit turns on hold down the set button for 10 seconds. A menu will show up and you can choose Camaro. Right now its probably defaulted to a Malibu. Samething happened to me.
joefx13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 07:52 AM   #8
10' Camaro SC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimE View Post
That would be my assumption as well. But you will need to contact the seller and/or Scosche for confirmation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffa View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizzo View Post
Man. I am sorry to hear that there are still Scosche issue. There is a long thread about issues here. You may want to post there as well to see what others have to say:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=246752
Quote:
Originally Posted by joefx13 View Post
Disconnect the assembly. Then wait the normal 5/10 minutes. Reconnect the Scoshce kit. Cycle the ignition 3 times. On the 3rd cycle power on car on. When the unit turns on hold down the set button for 10 seconds. A menu will show up and you can choose Camaro. Right now its probably defaulted to a Malibu. Samething happened to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHIOSS View Post
As many failures they have had I would guess yours is also defective. I really want to install one but I have read horror stories over and over about this unit and also the Metra.

I know some of you haven't had any problems but even a 10% failure rate for a company is HUGE and simply not acceptable. I would guess their failure rate is much higher than 10%, probably closer to 50%.
The unit was defective and got a new one. So far everything is working and wayyy better than the factory radio/ac. Also hooked up a backup camera and subs/amp. here's a couple pics
Attached Images

10' LS3 Camaro 2SS (blacked out) - Edelbrock Supercharger, ZL1 rims, 275/315 tires, XS Power LT headers, 3" exhaust, twin tips, Edelbrock CAI, ZL1 fuel pump/ADM FPCM, VMax ported TB, JRE fuel mod, TR6ix plugs, ZL1 spoiler/splitter/grille, KW V1 coilovers, BMR sway bars, strut tower brace, trailing arms, toe links, Prothane radius arm & subframe bushings, Slotted rotors, Hawk pads, SS brake lines, HURST short throw shifter, Scosche dash kit, Pioneer 7" radio, backup camera, Dyno - 520 rwhp/tq
Old 08-27-2015, 05:47 PM   #9
whidobie

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible 2SS RS
Having the same issue which I just had installed last week. :(
whidobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 01:38 PM   #10
whidobie

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible 2SS RS
Update
My installer contacted Scosche about a software update which he did but did not do the update for the system as he spoke with another Scosche tech who mentioned that this unit is also used for the Chevy Malibu and set for it. Sure enough when my installer went into settings it had the Malibu listed and he switched to the Camaro listing and evertyhing worked. This may not be the answer to everyone's issues, but it was for mine.
whidobie is offline   Reply With Quote