Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-12-2007, 07:34 PM   #1
Cubanaso
Follower of CHRIST!

Drives: 2005 Mazda RX8
So, what do we do while we wait for hotness?

Oh, hotness is what I call the new Camaro....

So, I think most of you like my brother will be getting the new Camaro as soon as possible but what do us poor chumps do while we wait to get it (those that wont be able to get it in 2009?

I'm just wondering because I'm keeping my RX8 for at least 7 years (meaning I can't get the Camaro till 2011) so what do I do while I wait? I know I can always learn more but it will eat me up to listen to how much you all love your cars while I wait another 2 years after the release.

So...what do you all suggest and how many out there are in the same boat as me?

Two years of will probably leave me with mouth rot, lol.

Last edited by Cubanaso; 08-12-2007 at 07:36 PM. Reason: spelling of title
Cubanaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 08:37 PM   #2
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
dont feel bad, a lot of people will be waiting to buy their camaros. waiting for the "kinks" to get worked out and waiting instead of allowing stealerships to mark up the price like crazy just to say "I got an 09!" im gonna end up waiting for mine. Im going to get one as my military separation present/graduating college present in 2011. and it will be customized to MY preferences.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 08:50 PM   #3
juzlookzfazt

Drives: 2000 Mitsu Eclipse..for now..
Im going to be pimpin my stock 2000 Eclipse until then, trying my best to save money for the madness. Until then, Ill be driving my Eclipse, and jumping from wanting one car to wanting another, until the Camaro is released. I just hope that I can find a local dealer that wont nearly double up the price for mark-up sakes. *keeps fingers crossed*

As far as working out the kinks, Im pretty sure it will be covered under warranty.

PS. Ive told couple people about the new Camaro, and they had a confused look on their face like Im day dreaming. Im not going to tell anybody else I know, it will be a surprise. Wo0t!
juzlookzfazt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 09:32 PM   #4
ChevyLee
SS Chevy

Drives: Chevy Cheyenne Truck
im going to wait till the SS is offered
ChevyLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 11:49 PM   #5
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
I HAVE to wait untill 2010. Because, going through college, I'd never be able to afford the insurance on this thing. In summer 2010, I'll be a junior/senior in college, so it'll be a year of -suck it up- then I get a real job an I'm "home free".

I would really want one the way I want it, not just a car that's close off the lot. So I might even have to wait untill 2011. But probably (and I'm hoping) not.

What will i do in the meantime...hmm...TEST DRIVES, BABY!!! And I'm going to stick around here, before and after I get my own, to discuss everbody elses car, and keep an eye on the Mustang, Challenger, and (to a much lesser degree) the imports. I'm really curious how the public (non-enthusiasts) will react to the Camaro, and what the Mustang does to try to compete with it.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:05 AM   #6
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Im thinking of getting a 2010 or 2011 myself. Like others that have posted it is basically economics that are forcing me into this. After i get out of school (8 months) I want to pay off my debt from 4 years of engineering, should take about a year or so when i subtract the cost of living and taxes from my expected income. Then I will want to get some money for a house. THEN i can save for my camaro, hopefully make at least a 50% down payment.

Which begs the question . . . how are you going to afford one in college Dragon? last time i checked students tend not to earn much, lol
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 12:25 AM   #7
stevenm357

Drives: 98 Trans am 00 Trans am 01 corvette
Keep dreaming and saving cash! If i get too much cash saved up i'll invest it or buy a trans am!

I'm not jumping all over a car I don't want. I"ll wait for something with at least 400 HP Preferrably with an LS engine in it.. if the 2009 year model comes out in january of 09... the 10 yr model will be out august /sept of 09? would that be odd... i don't think so. maybe with the addition of a bigger engine? or would that wait for the 2011 yr model.

2001 Corvette
Heads,Big cam, 4:11, Custom Exhaust, MGW Shifter Baer Eradispeed +2 2 pieces rotors, Hotchkiss swaybars. and a few other little things.

1998 Trans Am A4 ( was STS turbo until the turbo and oil pump died)

2000 WS6 Trans AM under the knife ( sadly turned into long term project.
stevenm357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 12:42 AM   #8
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Which begs the question . . . how are you going to afford one in college Dragon? last time i checked students tend not to earn much, lol
I've got some money saved up. And thanks to me working my ass off all 4 years of High School, College is being 90% payed-for through scholarships . And I'm still living with my family, so...fate is begging me to have a little patience, and then buy this thing - or maybe it's me begging?

Under these circumstances, as a Junior in college, I should have even more money saved up then, which should allow me to make approxomately 35-45% down payment, while leaving enough for an insurance reservoir (if need be). Then I get out, get a job, pay the rest off in 2-4 years, and keep it for the rest of my life!
Old 08-13-2007, 01:01 AM   #9
JeepinMatt

Drives: '99 Wrangler
I can be patient. Start saving up more money so you can get the high level Maro
JeepinMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 01:08 AM   #10
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepinMatt View Post
I can be patient. Start saving up more money so you can get the high level Maro
That's what I'm shooting for, at least a Z28 (or "mid-level V8" for you anti-Z's out there )
Old 08-13-2007, 07:10 AM   #11
urbanlegend
Wanabe SS owner

Drives: Nissan 350Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
dont feel bad, a lot of people will be waiting to buy their camaros. waiting for the "kinks" to get worked out and waiting instead of allowing stealerships to mark up the price like crazy just to say "I got an 09!" im gonna end up waiting for mine. Im going to get one as my military separation present/graduating college present in 2011. and it will be customized to MY preferences.
Charleston, eh? Navy? I am.

I'm just going to enjoy my SI until then. No complaints there. I love my car and I wouldn't even have considered trading it for anything until I saw the "hotness" Lol. After seeing what happened with the '06 SI price mark ups, I can only imagine that the Camaro will be far worse. Darn dealers. Who knows, the Camaro may be my "WHAT! Deployed again?" welcome home present.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:07 AM   #12
Cubanaso
Follower of CHRIST!

Drives: 2005 Mazda RX8
I'm in a similar boat, my RX8 purchased in December 2004 as a 2005 wont be paid off till early 2010 and I wanted to save up for a year and then trade my lovely RX8 for the Camaro. If I can put down 2g's and my RX8 (which is retaining it's value very nicely (only rotary in a car being sold today helps) it should keep me at a nice 300's type of payment. Personally, I don't think at my salary bracket I'd pay anything more than $350 a month for a car so while I'd like to dream of a SS, I too just want the Z28 which I could also SC or do some engine work to get more HP (IF, I wanted more).

My wife is giving me a hard time because I wanted the RX8 so much, but Mazda is ignoring it and frankly it makes alot less HP than the GM V8's while wasting more gas while it's a great all around sports car and in a dream world I'd like to keep it.

How do I convince the wife, I tell her that this is at least a 10 year car (the Camaro) since I know for a family it's best not to continue to pay for a car payment when you could rest for 4-5 years.

The good thing, my RX8 has only like 15K miles so it should retain alot of value.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:32 AM   #13
SSMUFF

Drives: Jeep Grand Cherokee
Wait for the convertible or SS. All depends on what the production car looks like and what options are there. Not worried to much about dealer markup since there is always someone willing to sell at invoice or just above.

I have been out of school for 3.5 years and haven't put a dent into my school loans. Granted I am paying 2.2% on them I highly doubt they will get paid off in less then 15yrs.

Good thing I have a company car, house and soon to be credit card free.
SSMUFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 10:03 AM   #14
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMUFF View Post
...soon to be credit card free.
Doesn't it feel good?