Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 10-29-2018, 08:07 PM   #15
ZMEnow

Drives: ZL1, 2013, tri-coat-red, manual
Lucky, but I would still make sure the firewall is intact, had a fellow member loose a car with a hit there but his was a little deeper..
ZMEnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 10:07 PM   #16
RLNTLSS
INTSAGRAM: Failwish

Drives: 2019 /2SS LT1
Had 2 accidents not even my fault..and cant sell car cause of carfax shows to many accidents
Old 10-29-2018, 10:23 PM   #17
RobZL1
fo'shizZL1

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMEnow View Post
Lucky, but I would still make sure the firewall is intact, had a fellow member loose a car with a hit there but his was a little deeper..
Good point. The substructure in that area was my main concern, too. When I was looking it over before the flatbed arrived, it looked okay from what I could tell under the hood, and from the outside view without pulling the door and the fender, but who knows. I'll find out soon I guess.

Past Rides-
2014 ZL1 M6 Red Hot | Tons of mods
2004 CTS-V M6 Silver | Many mods
1995 Corvette M6 Torch Red | A few more mods
1992 Camaro M5 White | A few mods
RobZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 06:10 AM   #18
JB'sZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 and 2019 Ram Laramie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop[580 View Post
Contrary to popular belief insurance companies determine who’s at fault from what the officer puts in a report. And many infraction can’t be cited unless witnessed by an officer. Again sometimes people’s feet slip off the brake pedal, they sneeze, they have a bug fly in the car, or numerous other things. Now granted most of the time it’s operator error that causes crashes, but anyways if everyone was perfect like u we wouldn’t need insurance companies or police. Just to assume someone was doing something negligent is sad. And that’s what we’ve turned into as a society. Everything is on purpose... which is not the case. Ha calm it down bud. Anyways this isn’t what the post is abt. Again glad no one was hurt and it was just merial items.

Hmmmm...
JB'sZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 07:32 AM   #19
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop[580 View Post
Contrary to popular belief insurance companies determine who’s at fault from what the officer puts in a report. And many infraction can’t be cited unless witnessed by an officer. Again sometimes people’s feet slip off the brake pedal, they sneeze, they have a bug fly in the car, or numerous other things. Now granted most of the time it’s operator error that causes crashes, but anyways if everyone was perfect like u we wouldn’t need insurance companies or police. Just to assume someone was doing something negligent is sad. And that’s what we’ve turned into as a society. Everything is on purpose... which is not the case. Ha calm it down bud. Anyways this isn’t what the post is abt. Again glad no one was hurt and it was just merial items.
Sorta - insurance companies make their own decision on fault based on all the information they can obtain. The police report is a major part of that determination, but the information from all the involved parties, and any third party information is also a part of their investigation. Often times just because the police place a person at fault does not mean their insurance company will see it that way. They may try to split the liability, do whatever they can to minimize their payment.

My advice to anyone in an accident is to assemble all of the objective evidence you can to make for an iron clad case. If you don't advocate for yourself, nobody else is going to.
GPI Max Package 2.0: Brodix BR7 heads/GPI porting, MAX3 cam, ST2116LSR, BSR Max Lift rockers, LS7 LSXR with 103mm TB, Vararam OTR, Mcleod RXT, G-Force/Strange 9" IRS setup with 4.63 gear. 551whp, 11.1@124mph.
Got a question about a GPI product? Feel free to shoot me a message!
acammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 07:55 AM   #20
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
I really don't get people sometimes. A license to drive means that you know and are responsible for safely handling an automobile at all times.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 07:56 AM   #21
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by acammer View Post
Sorta - insurance companies make their own decision on fault based on all the information they can obtain. The police report is a major part of that determination, but the information from all the involved parties, and any third party information is also a part of their investigation. Often times just because the police place a person at fault does not mean their insurance company will see it that way. They may try to split the liability, do whatever they can to minimize their payment.

My advice to anyone in an accident is to assemble all of the objective evidence you can to make for an iron clad case. If you don't advocate for yourself, nobody else is going to.
I couldn't have said this better. Make sure you have a police report.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 08:26 AM   #22
revo1059

Drives: Black 2012 ZL1
Quote:
And many infraction can’t be cited unless witnessed by an officer.

Quote:
Fortunately, there was a sheriff's deputy about 4 cars behind me, so he took care of everything quickly

I think that sums it up.
revo1059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 08:45 AM   #23
Coop[580

Drives: 2012 ZL1 Ashen Grey
Well being in the area and witnessing are two different things. Once again stating someone needs cited or charged before u know what happened is jumping the gun. Let’s hear what the lady said happened? .......
635/632-93 octane
725/738-E85
Coop[580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 12:37 PM   #24
Brutale arancia

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro
When I'm wanting to drive the car during higher risk times of day or locations, I remind myself that an accident will drop it's value by about 10K. Then I pick up the keys to the truck and blow her a kiss.

Coop has a valid point. We always want blood until it's us. As a society, we're just too busy to make driving the primary function while behind the wheel.
Brutale arancia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 01:08 PM   #25
owhite3003
Z-BEAST

Drives: 2013 JDP ZL-850 Track Spec ZL1,
Sorry that happen Rob, hope you get the beast back up and running soon.
owhite3003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 12:06 PM   #26
Brutale arancia

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro
Hey Rob, it's been a month since your unfortunate turn of events. How are things progressing with the car?
Brutale arancia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 06:52 PM   #27
Yellow Bullet

Drives: 2017 Chevy Sonic RS 1.4T
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobZL1 View Post
Sitting in a turn lane, next thing I know this lady is turning directly into me. Nowhere to go. Looks like fender, door, suspension is broken, wheel likely needs replaced, etc. I know it is just a car, but my heart is a little broken.
I am sad I have never seen your car. Camaros are a part of our families and I think that justifies a lawsuit

2017 Sonic Mosaic Black RS 1.4T
Yellow Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 08:00 PM   #28
RobZL1
fo'shizZL1

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by owhite3003 View Post
Sorry that happen Rob, hope you get the beast back up and running soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Bullet View Post
I am sad I have never seen your car. Camaros are a part of our families and I think that justifies a lawsuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutale arancia View Post
Hey Rob, it's been a month since your unfortunate turn of events. How are things progressing with the car?

Thanks for the kind thoughts and checking in, guys. Everything is mostly settled with the insurance company, parts are in, and the real work should start tomorrow or Monday.

Fortunately, there was no underlying damage to the frame/unibody. It's getting about $12k worth of parts, paint, and labor, including:

- new spindle/knuckle, strut, hub, and LCA
- wheel stripped and inspected and powdercoated to match the other 3 (wheels are powdercoated satin black)
- New bumper cover, fender, door skin, rocker, drip molding, ZL1 rocker logo, etc. (also will be painting door skin and fender on the backsides, in order to duplicate the OEM panels they removed)
- remove trunk, front glass, rear qtr glass, rear glass, and blend hood, a-pillar, and roof (along with painting the whole left side of the car, basically)
- various other little stuff, like emblems and what not that I'm forgetting, and of course an alignment

In short, it's getting done right. If anyone in the ATL area needs good work done, check out Performance Auto Collision in Alpharetta. These guys have been great so far. Multiple people have said they are the only place to go in the area for a car like this, and I see why.

SO.... with any luck, I'll have it back by the middle of December, give or take!!

Past Rides-
2014 ZL1 M6 Red Hot | Tons of mods
2004 CTS-V M6 Silver | Many mods
1995 Corvette M6 Torch Red | A few more mods
1992 Camaro M5 White | A few mods
RobZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote