Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 10-05-2020, 08:01 PM   #15
craigss50

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS Fifty
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLT1 View Post
Same here started driving in 1982. Only car i had trouble with was a new 2019 C7 with the shudder and bad rear. Once dealers told me they never heard of the shudder and bad rear ends that was it. Now looking for a new Camaro.

I don't know where in Fl you are but my dealer (Wallace in Stuart, Fl) knew exactly what the shutter was and has flushed it twice now. You just need to find a new dealership that knows what they are doing. C7 is a very nice car.
craigss50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 08:09 PM   #16
ThirdGenNut

Drives: 2020 LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomcustom View Post
Thanks. I needed a good laugh.
I don’t see my Camaro as a lifestyle. I see it as a weekend toy. Jeep people are a whole other bread. Lol. My wife is one of em.
Come on, you bought the 1le. You eat, drink and breathe race cars.
That my friend is a lifestyle.

And yes Jeep is a religious cult. It will steal every penny you have if you are weak.
ThirdGenNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 08:25 PM   #17
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by MackSteelPrivateEye View Post
I got a base stereo in my SS and I think its pretty damn good.
Ditto—also when in the car my first music priority is the npp!
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 08:28 PM   #18
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomcustom View Post
Thanks. I needed a good laugh.
I don’t see my Camaro as a lifestyle. I see it as a weekend toy. Jeep people are a whole other bread. Lol. My wife is one of em.
I see mine as a daily driver.
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 09:17 PM   #19
Venomcustom
Hard to want.

Drives: 2020 red hot 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdGenNut View Post
Come on, you bought the 1le. You eat, drink and breathe race cars.
That my friend is a lifestyle.

And yes Jeep is a religious cult. It will steal every penny you have if you are weak.
Ya got me there!! Lol :
Venomcustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 10:45 PM   #20
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post
I quit following Mazda when they quit offering the manuals on fully loaded 6s. Now only the base has an available manual.
I always have a bit of a soft spot with Mazda as I owned an RX-8, and 6 is a pretty handsome car in its class.

Not sure I'd feel about a manual 2.5T Mazda 6. Those engines are not really designed to be sporty, they are designed to act like diesel engines. Have a buddy who has a 2.5T 6 GT and I actually liked it a lot for a nice mid-size Sedan. If you watch all the acceleration test videos, you notice that the auto upshifts at 5k RPM. There is a reason for that: the torque curve falls off pretty bad after that, especially on 87 fuel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdGenNut View Post
If you can find a non-optioned mazda 3 awd premium on a dealer lot you could beat the base lt1 price out the door. I couldnt. There are 8 mazda dealers around me. A slow toyota with leather is still a slow toyota with leather especially at 90k. True somebody needs to line them up side by side.
Jeep is a lifestyle vehicle. So are pony cars, hummers, harleys, kitcars, whatever.

There is method to my madness. I think car guys get it. Maybe not automotive journalists that cant adjust mirrors for visibility.

EDIT: forgot the tesla. I beat the non-all wheel drive version to 60, and i cant get close to 4.1 on my 0-60 runs.

Another edit: Mazda 3 AWD premium msrp is over 28k... Thats more than i paid
Camaro is a great bang for the buck in terms of performance, but all those other cars you mentioned do something else better than the Camaro.

Mazda's interior is pretty great in my experience. I would say that friend's Mazda 6 GT interior is definitely nicer than my Camaro's, but I don't buy cars for interior. I assume you are the same.

LC500 looks good and the interior is also much better. It's a great GT, just not a sports car. As mentioned before, no one crossshops a Camaro and an LC500. The old men driving LC500 probably don't bother racing you anyway.

Tesla... is a Tesla. I would not buy one just because of the toxic cul... I mean, fanbase. At least EVs are cheap to run.

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 11:13 PM   #21
ThirdGenNut

Drives: 2020 LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post
I always have a bit of a soft spot with Mazda as I owned an RX-8, and 6 is a pretty handsome car in its class.

Not sure I'd feel about a manual 2.5T Mazda 6. Those engines are not really designed to be sporty, they are designed to act like diesel engines. Have a buddy who has a 2.5T 6 GT and I actually liked it a lot for a nice mid-size Sedan. If you watch all the acceleration test videos, you notice that the auto upshifts at 5k RPM. There is a reason for that: the torque curve falls off pretty bad after that, especially on 87 fuel.

Camaro is a great bang for the buck in terms of performance, but all those other cars you mentioned do something else better than the Camaro.

Mazda's interior is pretty great in my experience. I would say that friend's Mazda 6 GT interior is definitely nicer than my Camaro's, but I don't buy cars for interior. I assume you are the same.

LC500 looks good and the interior is also much better. It's a great GT, just not a sports car. As mentioned before, no one crossshops a Camaro and an LC500. The old men driving LC500 probably don't bother racing you anyway.

Tesla... is a Tesla. I would not buy one just because of the toxic cul... I mean, fanbase. At least EVs are cheap to run.
Im not going to argue with you about other cars in a camaro forum. I see where you are coming from. Im friends with some of the fastest speed 3's in florida. But I cannot find any politically correct words to describe Mazda fans. And no amount of pleather or busted ass tech and wavy windshields or slow speeds or bad mileage is going to ever get me to buy another mazda. Well I guess you won, I had to talk about mazdas....
ThirdGenNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 01:32 AM   #22
ariZona28
Give speed a chance

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LS, 2015 Camaro Z/28
Quote:
Everything will get a bad review here and there. Just the way it is. If they made a Miata with a 450hp V8 i would have jumped years ago. I think as small as it is even 300hp would be fine. Not sure what HP they come with. I always guessed it was around 140hp max all these years but not sure.
Friend of mine shoe-horned a mild 302 from a Crown Vic into his '90 Miata. Took me for an auto X spin. 50 seconds of wild carnival ride.
Attached Images

Old 10-06-2020, 05:41 AM   #23
CHASLT1

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigss50 View Post
I don't know where in Fl you are but my dealer (Wallace in Stuart, Fl) knew exactly what the shutter was and has flushed it twice now. You just need to find a new dealership that knows what they are doing. C7 is a very nice car.
I am just north of Tampa on the gulf. I got rid of it. So many things i did not like about my C7. Plus i came from a modded C6 so that was no help.

If they made a C7 with a better auto trans i could trust and mod up i would be buying it now. The A8 was never fixed in my book. My C7 was made in Feb of 2019 with the so called newest fluid and still had shudder and a bad rear end after only 400 miles. I don't play around with problems on a new car.

I would go back to a C6 but they are now over my 7 year limit and parts can be hard to find.
CHASLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 05:43 AM   #24
CHASLT1

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariZona28 View Post
Friend of mine shoe-horned a mild 302 from a Crown Vic into his '90 Miata. Took me for an auto X spin. 50 seconds of wild carnival ride.
I bet that was fun.
CHASLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 06:19 AM   #25
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Quote:
I bet that was fun.
A guy I did some work for had a few Miata’s & one had a Monster conversion. Wanted to play with one ever since.

The 5.0 was a good swap back then (early Y2K), but now I’d go LS in a heartbeat.

Have an employee that has been entertaining a LS RX8 swap.

Random web pic...
Attached Images

gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 06:31 AM   #26
JT58

Drives: Former 2016 Camaro 1LT
The Camaro 4 cylinder, 6 cylinder and LT1 are performance bang for the buck for people with a limited budget or income who like to drive. SS's are a little out of the "bargain" pricing-at least for me. LT1's are definitely a bargain as well- if you can find one.

I'll use my V6 1LT as an example. I picked it up for 19K, manual 6 speed- with only 5.5K miles on it about a year and a half ago. I added Stance 20 X 10 wheels, Flowmasters and Black Bow ties. Car looks super stellar and drives great, quick enough to keep up or get away from traffic. Total investment a bargain basement 21.8K. What can you buy for that- a Corolla, Civic (not even an SI), Kia or Hyundai low level car. I would love to upgrade to a LT1- perhaps if there are some around in 2021.
Old 10-06-2020, 06:49 AM   #27
bobby35ny

Drives: 18 ZL1 A10
I'm probably in the minority here but I would buy a 2yr old SS before a new LT1 but thats just me. I like the gadgets..
Old 10-06-2020, 07:53 AM   #28
zaimer

Drives: 23 ZL1 6speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby35ny View Post
I'm probably in the minority here but I would buy a 2yr old SS before a new LT1 but thats just me. I like the gadgets..
Agreed. I would have no interest in even considering the LT1.
zaimer is offline   Reply With Quote