Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 09-10-2009, 08:38 PM   #15
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
Yes Doc, good comments! Mine has yet to wear in. When I drive the Camaro, especially with the Zoomers exhaust, I feel like I'm in an exotic sports car! I love the body on this car, the feel, the cockpit, damn, EVERYTHING!

I also agree with "1800 rpm and 2200 rpm when I was in 6th gear and pushing on the gas to accelerate it was the loudest" - that's when it sounded drone and kind of bothered me a bit - I think I was around 80 mph. Hopefully that will get better, else, shift baby!
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:54 PM   #16
Unique Auto Depot

Drives: Camaro 2010
Congrats!!!

now you need a grille visit www.billetanything.com use coupon code BA15 get 5% off Enjoy
Unique Auto Depot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 12:25 AM   #17
jerseymike68
Account Suspended

Drives: black
Great cars here
jerseymike68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 09:57 PM   #18
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Added hood & side spears - 09/11/09

Ok, here's the pics of the hood & side spears. They are both from RiderGraphix and I think the side spears need work. They can be longer and angle higher in the back side of the door. I really think that would look MUCH better!

If anyone needs someone to install stripes, this guy in Escondido is Great! he makes lots of motorcycle 3M plastics as well!
Attached Images

2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Old 09-13-2009, 12:48 AM   #19
DET MSCL
Camaro Enthusiast

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Send a message via MSN to DET MSCL Send a message via Yahoo to DET MSCL Send a message via Skype™ to DET MSCL
Nice updates from delivery to upgrades

Now, let us know when you smoke the 1st Mustang GT500 Shelby!

2010 Victory Red 2SS ~ Black Leather ~ Cyber Grey Rally Stripes ~ Auto ~ SunRoof ~ Polished 20s, VIN: 102432

Ordered: 10/16/2008, Built: 4/3/2009, On The Rail: 5/21/2009, Departed Michigan: 6/1/2009, Delivered: 6/11/2009
DET MSCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 05:53 PM   #20
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

ADM CAI Install & Blacked out Trim rings - 09/12/09

Thanks Det Mscl!

Ok, installed the ADM CAI. Had to call Andy a couple of times, but it's all in there. I have to flip the throttle body connector Oops!

Name:  DSC_4046.jpg
Views: 3883
Size:  114.2 KB

Removed the chrome tail light trim rings - very easy, no tools other than the small screwdriver to take out the 6 push pins. Painted them gloss black - all but 1 came pretty good. Installed:

Name:  DSC_4038.jpg
Views: 3844
Size:  123.3 KB

Name:  DSC_4041.jpg
Views: 4682
Size:  99.0 KB

Close up:
Name:  DSC_4042.jpg
Views: 3800
Size:  92.1 KB

next will be tinting of the tail lights, fog lights, and side marker lights. I'm probably going to vinyl coat the bowties on each wheel also

Thanks!
Michael J.
Old 09-16-2009, 05:55 PM   #21
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

DYNO RUn & 1st Oil Change

I love the Race Ramps that I bought off of Amazon! She cleared them great and I had enough room to work under her!

Changing the oil & filter was Very Easy! I put Mobil1 & a K&N Oil filter on her - a little over 1200 miles. There was LOTS of metal shavings & slivers in the oil! I'm glad I changed it so soon.

I tried to install the skip shift eliminator I bought from BMC Performance, but without any instructions, it was a no go :(

I also got her dynoed today. here's the chart - he had trouble with the air/fuel connections at the CAT, so no data there:

Name:  DynoScan091609.jpg
Views: 3811
Size:  433.9 KB

I also reseated the ADM CAI and it fits MUCH better now! It was a tight fit getting the cover on though.

Ok, are the Dyno numbers good? I was told you lose about 20% from the engine to the rear wheels and the best was about 381 hp at the rear. Good? His torque was off and he said something was up with the DynoJet. Oh well...

More to come...
Michael J.
Old 09-25-2009, 06:23 PM   #22
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Some Blackouts - 9/25/09

Ok, I blacked out the reverse lens - VERY easy! Just cut a small peice of smoke tint - a little bigger all the way around, wet, apply, slide under the plastic and stick. Simple...

Also took off the GFX trim ring and painted it with Engine paint. I'm not impressed with how those trim rings are installed. There are 4 screws each, however, each screw has a plastic loop that it goes into. 2 of each of the 4 were split. Anyway...more to come. Already ordered smoke covers for all the rest of the lens on the car. That will be next.

Oh, got the Hurst shifter today! Thanks Nick! I will hopefully have time this weekend, or maybe next week, to install that baby!

Before:

Name:  DSC_4081.jpg
Views: 3629
Size:  125.6 KB

After:
Name:  DSC_4082.jpg
Views: 3759
Size:  114.7 KB

Close Up:
Name:  DSC_4083.jpg
Views: 3499
Size:  95.6 KB
Old 09-25-2009, 06:32 PM   #23
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
The car is coming around beautifully!...
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 07:43 PM   #24
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Thank you!
Old 09-25-2009, 09:41 PM   #25
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Door ABL Update: 09/25/09

Ok, I followed Michael Cooper's Door ABL update. hard to tell here, but, the ABL now runs right to the dash.

Passenger side:
Name:  DSC_4088.jpg
Views: 3437
Size:  27.1 KB

Driver's Side:
Name:  DSC_4086.jpg
Views: 3484
Size:  24.8 KB

I think it came good! Now, to get the 3 parts from GM! It's taking forever!
Old 10-03-2009, 08:42 PM   #26
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Wink Updates - 10/03/09

No pictures as I didn't take any for these mods.

Today:

Installed the new SLP skip-sift eliminator. No more Engine Check codes and works great!

installed the new Hurst shifter, but used the OEM handle/shift knob as I like the looks better. I put the car up on ramps, and used 2 floor jacks. It went very smoothly! Well, when I pulled off the stock shifter, it came loose right into my face :( Got a fat, bloody lip

Anyway, having small hands helped once again! Just like taking out the rear light trim rings, the install was fairly easy. I LOVE the way this Baby shifts now! WOW!!

This a one mod that was WELL worth it!! I just used some Dynamat on the inside, not underneath. I really like the positive click into each gear. My girlfriend liked the shifting much better also!

Also installed both front & rear Pdfat sway bars. I must say, the front was a BEAR to remove! Installing was easy, but getting that OEM one out was horrible! I think a trick was to turn the wheels to the right - even though I had the passenger front wheel off.

For the rear, I had to removed one of my Zoomers exhausts.

Car feels much tighter! I love the mods so far!

Now, waiting on GM for the darn interior lights for the Dash ABL mod! Argh!

Tomorrow will be ********'s trunk woofer & amp!

I'm sure there will be more to come! I've been looking at buying 2 wheels/tires from someone else's rear sets and replacing my front 2 with those to remove the staggered setup. Still in the works...

Laters...
Old 10-05-2009, 09:33 AM   #27
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Amp/Sub issues - 10/04/09

Well, after 5 hours, no output still from the Amp/sub :( Installation went well, but still working with Steve on getting some output. No time until Wed. I'll take pictures than also.

Michael J.
Old 10-05-2009, 09:34 AM   #28
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

New Camaro! 10/05/09

Ok, in the meantime, I bought myself a new 2010 SIM Camaro! Auto

Name:  image006.jpg
Views: 2184
Size:  38.4 KB

Name:  image005.jpg
Views: 2195
Size:  41.0 KB

Whadayya think?

BTW The model can be found here: http://www.camarocollection.com/cata...roduct_id=7966

Last edited by Michael_Js; 10-06-2009 at 11:23 PM.