Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-12-2010, 01:21 PM   #113
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
If you need fast go drive a Z 06 Corvette. Like I had the opportunity to do yesterday... ...with over 500 HP.......now you’re talking fast........matter of fact too much HP to use legally on the streets.........our V6 has best of both worlds.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:33 PM   #114
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtcat600man View Post
If you need fast go drive a Z 06 Corvette. Like I had the opportunity to do yesterday... ...with over 500 HP.......now you’re talking fast........matter of fact too much HP to use legally on the streets.........our V6 has best of both worlds.
Uh even our V6 Camaros have more power than you can legally use on the streets... if you really want to go fast, buy a ZR1.. my dealer has 3, 2011 models, for 124K each...
Old 10-12-2010, 02:29 PM   #115
ALLTRBO

Drives: V8 up front and 7-spd out back FTW
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderbuddy View Post
Why are you disrepecting the Camaro?
To me it's Fast.
It's Faster than my 1998 GMC Sonoma.
It's Faster than my 2005 Hyundia.
Though it is not as powerful as my 1976 Monza (Corvette 350),
or 1971 Dodge Charge 440 six pack

It is fast to me, so if you don't like the car, do yourself a favor and go Fording.
LOL! You're missing my point. I'm not disrespecting anything, and it's just a car.
My point is that it's fast to you, but it isn't fast to me. Relative, that's all I was saying, and there's nothing wrong with me expressing my point of view, just as there isn't anything wrong with you expressing yours.

If I wanted to go "Fording", I would have waited a little bit longer and bought the faster V6 Mustang.
I've always been a Camaro guy (I've had 7), and I like my Camaro at least as much as you like yours. It just isn't "fast", and I don't need it to be (otherwise I would have bought an SS).
Old 10-12-2010, 05:55 PM   #116
E.T.

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Everything is relative. Didn't some guy say that? Albert someone?? The speed of sound is fast as hell compared to our cars, but compared to light, it's a slow poke. I think compared to most 'normal' cars, the Camaro is plenty fast. And if you're driving on the street and actually obeying the laws, it's plenty fast. My last car was a 4-banger with about 160 HP, so this was quite an upgrade. Just sayin'
E.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 06:28 PM   #117
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLTRBO View Post
LOL! You're missing my point. I'm not disrespecting anything, and it's just a car.
My point is that it's fast to you, but it isn't fast to me. Relative, that's all I was saying, and there's nothing wrong with me expressing my point of view, just as there isn't anything wrong with you expressing yours.

If I wanted to go "Fording", I would have waited a little bit longer and bought the faster V6 Mustang.
I've always been a Camaro guy (I've had 7), and I like my Camaro at least as much as you like yours. It just isn't "fast", and I don't need it to be (otherwise I would have bought an SS).
I think he was more refering to your comment about it being a "slow heavy pig"... that is disrespectful because truthfully it is far from that.....
Old 10-12-2010, 06:30 PM   #118
ALLTRBO

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.T. View Post
Everything is relative. Didn't some guy say that? Albert someone?? The speed of sound is fast as hell compared to our cars, but compared to light, it's a slow poke. I think compared to most 'normal' cars, the Camaro is plenty fast. And if you're driving on the street and actually obeying the laws, it's plenty fast. My last car was a 4-banger with about 160 HP, so this was quite an upgrade. Just sayin'
I agree 100%.
ALLTRBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 06:46 PM   #119
ALLTRBO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
I think he was more refering to your comment about it being a "slow heavy pig"... that is disrespectful because truthfully it is far from that.....
"Slow heavy pig" in this context is also relative. You called Iron Duke and 2.8 thirdgens slow heavy pigs. To lots of new drivers, they are fast; I've known a couple of them who said so. Doesn't that mean it's also disrespectful to call the thirdgens the same name?

In reality, to me, it's "slow" (as described before), "heavy" because it's even heavier than my all-iron V8 twin-turbo Camaro was, and "pig" is essentially just a redundant metaphor to describe the first two.

I didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings. I was calling the car as I see it, that wasn't intended to insult those of you who bought one (I bought one too, don't forget). Again, I like the car A LOT, I was just expressing my point of view about it being "fast".
Old 10-12-2010, 06:58 PM   #120
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
"Slow heavy pig" in this context is also relative. You called Iron Duke and 2.8 thirdgens slow heavy pigs. To lots of new drivers, they are fast; I've known a couple of them who said so. Doesn't that mean it's also disrespectful to call the thirdgens the same name?

In reality, to me, it's "slow" (as described before), "heavy" because it's even heavier than my all-iron V8 twin-turbo Camaro was, and "pig" is essentially just a redundant metaphor to describe the first two.

I didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings. I was calling the car as I see it, that wasn't intended to insult those of you who bought one (I bought one too, don't forget). Again, I like the car A LOT, I was just expressing my point of view about it being "fast".
Anytime you call anything a "PIG" it is an insult and people will be offended by that (it also implys it is ugly). You should know that. and NO 5th Gen Camaro is a pig... You could have said you think it is slow and heavy and left the pig out of it....
Old 10-12-2010, 06:59 PM   #121
ALLTRBO

Sorry for accidentally hijacking the thread...

Back on topic, this past Saturday I drove the Camaro up to PA to a Fiero show, then to pick up a twin-disk clutch setup (for my Fiero), then back down to MD. The entire trip was full of speed ups and slow downs from ~60-80, but sometimes smooth. On the way up the stupid GPS sent us (my wife and I) STRAIGHT THROUGH Baltimore, one way streets and all. :( Lots of stoplights. Once we were about 5 miles from the show, it took us 30 more minutes to get there. LOTS of stop and go, never got out of first.
It went smoothly leaving to drive the 40 miles to pick up the clutch, that was probably the most consistent speed of the whole trip. We went through a bit of city there, then back down to MD (bypassing Baltimore, heh).

I got 25.5 mpg, not too bad all things considered!
Old 10-12-2010, 07:10 PM   #122
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Sorry for accidentally hijacking the thread...

Back on topic, this past Saturday I drove the Camaro up to PA to a Fiero show, then to pick up a twin-disk clutch setup (for my Fiero), then back down to MD. The entire trip was full of speed ups and slow downs from ~60-80, but sometimes smooth. On the way up the stupid GPS sent us (my wife and I) STRAIGHT THROUGH Baltimore, one way streets and all. :( Lots of stoplights. Once we were about 5 miles from the show, it took us 30 more minutes to get there. LOTS of stop and go, never got out of first.
It went smoothly leaving to drive the 40 miles to pick up the clutch, that was probably the most consistent speed of the whole trip. We went through a bit of city there, then back down to MD (bypassing Baltimore, heh).

I got 25.5 mpg, not too bad all things considered!
When you add up the total package, power, comfort, mileage.. The V6 Camaro is hard to beat....
I have owned 3 V6 Fieros ( 86 SE, 88 Formula, 87 GT), they were pretty fast for their day, loved them all.
Old 10-12-2010, 07:37 PM   #123
gahammerle

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS M6 Inferno Orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
Anytime you call anything a "PIG" it is an insult and people will be offended by that (it also implys it is ugly).
Unless it's dinner, then it's good eatin'!

Injen CAI / Solo Mach-X LLT / Solo High-flow res-cats / Barton short shifter / RX Catch Can / RPI Gills / 35% tint / LED Footwell Lighting Front & Rear / Pedders Street 1 / Pedders steering rack bushing / SS struts / Pfadt drop springs / VMax Ported Throttle Body / Spohn Toe Rods / Spohn Trailing Arms / Trifecta Tune / MACE 25mm Intake Spacers

Find me on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/gahammerle
gahammerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 11:50 PM   #124
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Yeah its all relatives, and who invited them anyway! O.k that was it for my lousy humor attempt.
I have driven v8 Z28's for 27 years and it is relative even to the car itself as they have gotten ever faster and more powerful. I think the V6 is great for what it does and is no pig, again relative but I get what is meant, if just not a flattering way to put it. I can say that in everyday driving that I have done all these years and restricted as we are in day to day types of said driving that the V6 is fast, at least mine is with the mods done so far. I drove an SS before the v6 and yes it is fast but I have been driving a modded LS1 z28 for 12 years so it was no big deal to me and not this big oh wow difference I keep hearing about, again on the street not the track. I did a back to back comparo of the Z and the lt and they felt very close on light to moderate accel around town and up to the speed limits, really no difference,the Z does in the 2000-3000rpm range and the lt in the 3000-4000 range as per the engine design. The only real thing you notice is the bottom end torque the one has and the other doesn't and this where the v8 is the more fun and always will be, the v6 has to do it with gear changes and higher revs.
On the freeway again not much up to 65-70, I know with a stop watch yes there is but the point is you and I aren't going to be able to tell alot of difference and we dont drive with a stop watch.
After 70 of course the Z will keep going and the v6 just doesn't have the power to keep up, but still fast enough for the street which this car was intended.For track/racing the SS is the champ as intended and again its all relative.

And it's all fun!!!
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 10:43 AM   #125
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
What we know about the v6 engine:
It likes good premium fuels
It likes cold air (the colder the better)
The engine likes to run rich not lean
The engine likes to get hot
did i miss anything guys

Exhaust system :
long tube headers make best power
but cat back just changes the sound of the exhaust
Needs tune for long tube headers to get ride of CEL
or cheaper fix o2 extenders (Just bandaid fix)

Intake
BBK or Injen Cold air intake
PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 10:53 AM   #126
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderbuddy View Post
What we know about the v6 engine:
It likes good premium fuels
It likes cold air (the colder the better)
The engine likes to run rich not lean
The engine likes to get hot
did i miss anything guys

Exhaust system :
long tube headers make best power
but cat back just changes the sound of the exhaust
Needs tune for long tube headers to get ride of CEL
or cheaper fix o2 extenders (Just bandaid fix)

Intake
BBK or Injen Cold air intake
Just one more thing, skinnies up front and DRs in the back make it good, nitrous makes it a beast!