Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 07-23-2012, 10:37 PM   #1065
hightower
LS3 Black Widow

Drives: 2012 45th 2SS LS3 and 1968 Mustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistyBlu10 View Post
how diffucult was that?
ihear all kinds off stuff about removal of the old ones, didyou do it yourself? i wanna lower mine to,its around $200 average for the springsfrom what im seeing around but the install has me courious
did it change the ride handeling at all
gas milage
harder to get in and out then before

and you shouldv posted a picture on my dirty Camaros blog
you owe us a dirty picture now Hightower
I've got some dirty pics.....

hahaha jkjk

It wasn't too difficult. Myself and 3 guys in our camaro club knocked it out in about 4-5 hours. Had fun doing it too.
Honestly removing it all is probably the harder part. Once you've done that you kinda know how it all goes back together.

I would say you can do it alone, but I advise you have a friend help you. Power tools aren't necessary, we didn't use them, but they would be helpful at times.

The ride is a little stiffer, and I of course expected that. The camaro isn't one to be extremely comfortable on the road in the first place, or at least thats how I see it.

I can feel it lower, and I love it. Definitely feels tighter. Can't say anything about gas mileage yet though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by t&t moyer View Post
Well, our 45th is up for sale. See the ad in the sale thread guys!
NOOOOOOO!!!!
WHY?!?!??! :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by rydahog View Post
whats the buyers remorse time frame??? 3 days....damn...my luck....
What makes you say that? :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTUPONIT View Post
Cosmetic but still a change. Calipers are next. Too subtle or enough?

Trying to keep a clean look overall
I like it! I'm interested to see what you do on the calipers!
Old 07-23-2012, 11:47 PM   #1066
TheDecon

Drives: 07 BMW 3359
Got my heritage grill put on today!
TheDecon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:13 AM   #1067
hightower
LS3 Black Widow

looks great decon!

Questions, what are you a forum sponsor for? As in what do you sell?
Old 07-24-2012, 09:27 AM   #1068
rydahog

Drives: camaro ss
hightower, i said buyers remorse cause if i saw this car for sale before 3 days of ownership, maybe cancel the deal and buy the less expensive car with 1200 mi..same yr,same 45th,,and avoid all dlr price stuff..is all...) it was said in jest....(:()
rydahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:01 AM   #1069
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDecon View Post
Got my heritage grill put on today!
I'm doing the same thing soon! Getting rid of the bowtie in the front w/the new grill and overlaying carbon fiber on the rear. The gold just doesn't look great on our cars.

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 11:07 AM   #1070
hightower
LS3 Black Widow

Quote:
Originally Posted by rydahog View Post
hightower, i said buyers remorse cause if i saw this car for sale before 3 days of ownership, maybe cancel the deal and buy the less expensive car with 1200 mi..same yr,same 45th,,and avoid all dlr price stuff..is all...) it was said in jest....(:()
Well to make you feel better, I'm sure the previous owner tore the crap out of the car for the first 1,200 miles. So it's a good thing you can't get it. Cause it's been thrashed on.

Just make yourself believe that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzle View Post
I'm doing the same thing soon! Getting rid of the bowtie in the front w/the new grill and overlaying carbon fiber on the rear. The gold just doesn't look great on our cars.
Agreed! I had to plastidip the gold, didn't go well at all with the rest of the car.

I want the heritage grill but I'm waiting. I've got a custom lower grill to install and I'm hoping the guy I bought it from sells me his matching custom upper grill too. That is if street scene ever releases their new grill for him to install. (which is why he hasn't sold me the upper yet! )
Old 07-24-2012, 11:17 AM   #1071
t&t moyer
It's all hers.

Drives: 2015 ZL1
You guys kill me at times, lol. Our 45th SS has been babied the whole way. It's my wifes car and is in the garage all the time. I'm not home to drive / thrash or beat as I work in Afghanistan. Poor car hasn't even seen a burnout. The thing is as close to like new as possible considering the miles on the clock its not funny.

We're upgrading so no buyers remorse on our end.

Thanks - Todd
t&t moyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 12:33 PM   #1072
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Quote:
You guys kill me at times, lol. Our 45th SS has been babied the whole way. It's my wifes car and is in the garage all the time. I'm not home to drive / thrash or beat as I work in Afghanistan. Poor car hasn't even seen a burnout. The thing is as close to like new as possible considering the miles on the clock its not funny.

Thanks - Todd
Upgrade, there is no upgrade?!!

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 01:10 PM   #1073
hightower
LS3 Black Widow

Quote:

Thanks - Todd
If you need me to I can drop by and give it a good thrashing...

Haha jkjk, when you get home make sure you have yourself a damn good time driving it!!! Until then, stay safe over there!
Old 07-24-2012, 02:10 PM   #1074
rydahog

Drives: camaro ss
dont forget me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTUPONIT View Post
Cosmetic but still a change. Calipers are next. Too subtle or enough?

Trying to keep a clean look overall
dont forget mine,,qsl...thurs..
rydahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 05:52 PM   #1075
MistyBlu10
GOBLIN

Drives: 2015 SS Convertable Green Flash
grand sport stripes

stripes installed and it was so easy glad to be done with this one. now to figure out how to get the full ground effects kit like $1850 and the black wheels trying not to copy Hightower but dame hes wey ahead of me
Attached Images

2015 2SS Green Flash Edition
2012 Camaro LFX 45th born 9/24/11 sold 4/1/15
2013 Equinox LTZ
2013 Cruze LTZ
2010 LT2 BLUE RS CAMARO TRADED FOR 45TH
2011 COLARADO Z71 TRADED FOR MALABU
2011 MALABU LTZ TRADED FOR BLUE CAMARO
2007 Z71 Avalanche LTZ
1987 K5 Blazer
BOWTIES AS BLOOD CELLS
GM RULES
MistyBlu10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 06:24 PM   #1076
My45thAnniversaryCamaro

Drives: 45th Anniversary
I got my 45th last year and I'm wondering if anyone else's neighbors bought one too? I live in a city with around a 100000 people and my neighbor bought one too:( I felt special when I was the only one in town with the car! Haha! Still trying to meet the guy with the other 45th! Only seen him driving once!
My45thAnniversaryCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 06:36 PM   #1077
hightower
LS3 Black Widow

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistyBlu10 View Post
stripes installed and it was so easy glad to be done with this one. now to figure out how to get the full ground effects kit like $1850 and the black wheels trying not to copy Hightower but dame hes wey ahead of me
They look great! I'm thinking of doing flat black hashes along with flat black emblems and gills.
And re-dipping my wheels! They're looking awfully dirty by now! Although eventually I think I'll take the plunge and powdercoat them. You should try dipping yours first to see if you like it!

Also, if I were you (and this is how i would do it), look into aftermarket body kits. I personally wanted/want the street scene front splitter and side skirts. Or ZL1 side skirts.

I never cared much for the GM GFX or any other company's rear fascia, so I was just going to do splitter and side skirts. You should consider this as well. Even painted and shipped and all it should be well under $1850, actually probably under $1,000!! And install won't be too hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by My45thAnniversaryCamaro View Post
I got my 45th last year and I'm wondering if anyone else's neighbors bought one too? I live in a city with around a 100000 people and my neighbor bought one too:( I felt special when I was the only one in town with the car! Haha! Still trying to meet the guy with the other 45th! Only seen him driving once!
Welcome! He's your neighbor and you've only seen him once??? haha
Old 07-24-2012, 06:58 PM   #1078
My45thAnniversaryCamaro

Drives: 45th Anniversary
Quote:
Originally Posted by hightower View Post
They look great! I'm thinking of doing flat black hashes along with flat black emblems and gills.
And re-dipping my wheels! They're looking awfully dirty by now! Although eventually I think I'll take the plunge and powdercoat them. You should try dipping yours first to see if you like it!

Also, if I were you (and this is how i would do it), look into aftermarket body kits. I personally wanted/want the street scene front splitter and side skirts. Or ZL1 side skirts.

I never cared much for the GM GFX or any other company's rear fascia, so I was just going to do splitter and side skirts. You should consider this as well. Even painted and shipped and all it should be well under $1850, actually probably under $1,000!! And install won't be too hard.

Welcome! He's your neighbor and you've only seen him once??? haha
Yea! I've only seen him once and I dont know why!!! My friends always text me saying hey I just saw you drive by then I'll have to tell them it's my neighbor...
My45thAnniversaryCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote