Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

View Poll Results: Do you want a more powerful version of the Camaro(Z28)?
Yes 836 76.07%
No 263 23.93%
Voters: 1099. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-24-2008, 03:37 PM   #785
HOTCIVIC

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
slapping Z28 badges on a car just because it has a supercharger on it is like slapping cobra/GTR/GT500 emblems on something because it has a supercharger on it. you get laughed at. believe me I've seen a lot of guys laugh at the mustang guys for having emblems that don't belong to a car even capable of performing what it should. and everyone should know that GM would put a lot more research (and probably has) into suspension and drivetrain then just slapping a badge on it. and like I said before do it but expect to get laughed at.
I agree with you. If you buy an SS and supercharge it, it's still an SS. I don't care if you swapped out the LS3 for an LSA that was in a prototype Z28 that never made production - your car is still an SS. Changing the badge from SS to Z28 would be just as gay as the idiots you see in V6 Mustangs with Cobra badges on them. Or the guy I saw the other day who was driving a riced out Civic with Mercedes badges on it. It's poseresque and downright stupid.

Someone pointed out the fact that if they buy the car they can do whatever they want with it. Yes, that's true. Bonus of living in a free country. However, if you rice out your Camaro, people will laugh at you, people will think you have no taste, people will think you are a poser, and believe it or not your actions DO affect other people and you will personally be adding to the stereotype that Camaro owners are ignorant and tasteless and that DOES affect the good Camaro owners who have taste and class but are unfairly cast into a negative light because of the ignorance of a few morons who rice their cars out.
HOTCIVIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 05:01 PM   #786
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Please keep comments respectful (name calling...)

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 05:11 PM   #787
rayhawk

Drives: Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTCIVIC View Post
I agree with you. If you buy an SS and supercharge it, it's still an SS. I don't care if you swapped out the LS3 for an LSA that was in a prototype Z28 that never made production - your car is still an SS. Changing the badge from SS to Z28 would be just as gay as the idiots you see in V6 Mustangs with Cobra badges on them. Or the guy I saw the other day who was driving a riced out Civic with Mercedes badges on it. It's poseresque and downright stupid.

Someone pointed out the fact that if they buy the car they can do whatever they want with it. Yes, that's true. Bonus of living in a free country. However, if you rice out your Camaro, people will laugh at you, people will think you have no taste, people will think you are a poser, and believe it or not your actions DO affect other people and you will personally be adding to the stereotype that Camaro owners are ignorant and tasteless and that DOES affect the good Camaro owners who have taste and class but are unfairly cast into a negative light because of the ignorance of a few morons who rice their cars out.
I don't think very many people will even notice the difference, and I am not sure why anyone would care so much? I personally don't care much about badging and I think most people looking at your car could care less and would'nt know the difference anyway. I say each person should do whatever they like with their car.
Old 09-24-2008, 05:17 PM   #788
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
I can understand someone modifying the car, but i've never agreed with changing the badging on cars. ( the most maddening are the idiots who own plain jane early 80's Camaro's with no ground effects, faded paint, etc. and they put IROC-Z decals on them)
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 11:37 PM   #789
JiXeR'z DoDgE/FoRd KiLLeR
SSiCk MeMbEr!!!

Drives: HeAviLy MoDDeD 2010 SS CaMaRo!
Thank you all!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayhawk View Post
I don't think very many people will even notice the difference, and I am not sure why anyone would care so much? I personally don't care much about badging and I think most people looking at your car could care less and would'nt know the difference anyway. I say each person should do whatever they like with their car.
I don't think they would care either...I don't know why it pi55es so many people off

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmyers View Post
Good choice of engine. It would be awesome in a Camaro. If I were to do it, I wouldn't badge it as anything. In fact it would be impossible to know what was in it. Much like the original COPO cars or ZL1! But to each his own. Fix your car the way you like it....doesn't matter what people think. Its not their car.
Jegs.com has LS7's for $13,000!!! Excellent price! Excellent motor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
Just say, It's a prototype that the factory let me drive until the real one comes out... then walk away..LOL...

Seriously, it is your car and you can put anything on it you want. you don't need to please anyone but yourself, and if you like the way it looks who cares what others think. I say leave them guessing...
By the way My HHR, before they anounced the HHR SS I did some things to mine and called it an SS, the local dealer had people coming in and wanting to Order an SS because they saw mine ....
Thats funny and may be what I do to mine! I don't care what anybody says...because they didn't pay for it so IDC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
IMVHO - just make the car yours. If people laugh, they laugh, but they didn't put in on your car. I'd be a lot of those people are just jealous they don't have a better car. Do your thing
And thank you the most RaD!!!
JiXeR'z DoDgE/FoRd KiLLeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 10:53 AM   #790
Chewy
My boredom isn't safe

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro
Send a message via AIM to Chewy Send a message via MSN to Chewy
there is a VERY long thread on the BMW board i go to about people putting 'M' badges on cars that aren't, its a never ending disagreement about people labeling their car as something its not.

I don't really care that much - 'to each his own' as they say, if u want a poka dotted car w/ flower spinner rims, go for it, not my problem.

they only issue i have w/ it is that when someone sees a car [example: 325i BMW, the lowest model) w/ an M3 badge, and they see its weak performance, M3s get a bad rep because of misrepresentation. it can decrease value, in which case does affect other people.
Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 12:02 AM   #791
TheStig
Tame Racing Driver

Drives: M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
they only issue i have w/ it is that when someone sees a car [example: 325i BMW, the lowest model) w/ an M3 badge, and they see its weak performance, M3s get a bad rep because of misrepresentation. it can decrease value, in which case does affect other people.
325i is hardly the lowest 3 series.

But yea, I'm not a fan of the poser badge. I do really want a Z/28 as well, here is hoping they put out some press release by 2010/11.
TheStig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 04:26 PM   #792
Fandango
(In Z/28 Therapy)

Drives: 2014 SS Camaro (Sookie)
Send a message via AIM to Fandango
It's not over...

Well, we have prices, dates, orders. The circle is not complete. It will take a few days, but after guys have made their orders and started putting the funds in order to take deilvery of their cars in March, there are still a few of us out there waiting....still....

The Z28 is not dead. I keep telling myself that. I watch the market and I watch the oil prices. Every day I visit this site for uplifting comments about our beloved. When will we know.

I just wanted to revitalize this thread because after the dust has settled from all the ordering and pricing and knocking it out of the ballpark pricing, (By the way I mean pricing is spot on and perfect) there is just one little, no, huge order of business to discuss. The Z28. Our Killer Camaro. When will she rise again.

Who's still waiting like me. I almost went to the dealer today to order an SS2. I stopped myself.
Old 10-13-2008, 04:32 PM   #793
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fandango View Post
Well, we have prices, dates, orders. The circle is not complete. It will take a few days, but after guys have made their orders and started putting the funds in order to take deilvery of their cars in March, there are still a few of us out there waiting....still....

The Z28 is not dead. I keep telling myself that. I watch the market and I watch the oil prices. Every day I visit this site for uplifting comments about our beloved. When will we know.

I just wanted to revitalize this thread because after the dust has settled from all the ordering and pricing and knocking it out of the ballpark pricing, (By the way I mean pricing is spot on and perfect) there is just one little, no, huge order of business to discuss. The Z28. Our Killer Camaro. When will she rise again.

Who's still waiting like me. I almost went to the dealer today to order an SS2. I stopped myself.

Right there with you!!!!!
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 05:27 PM   #794
MotorCityAgent
The Collector Protector

Drives: 2012 Chevy Camaro ZL1
Quote:

IM THERE TOO! I ready to pull the trigger on a top performing American muscle car. I truly believe we'll see a Camaro that tops the SS in the near future - and that Camaro will be mine (as long as it doesnt have fake hood scoops).

"If its worth collecting, its worth protecting!"

:5thgenvert:

Contact me for a FREE Do-Not-Touch Sign
MotorCityAgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 10:39 PM   #795
Chemical

Drives: 2SS RS
Quote:

I shall wait as well (I'd wait regurdless since I wont graduate college until December 09). None-the-less, I'm "keeping the faith" as the wise one once said. Everything will restore back to normal soon... and the beast will rise once again. I just hope it's the beast I've been dreaming of (550 HP).

Time will tell or better yet Fbodfather will tell. Here's to the Z28
Chemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 10:49 PM   #796
bourq100
Camaro Enthusiast

Drives: 08 Tahoe 26's/10 2SSRS LS3 SIM
Z28

Quote:

For those of us who have been in the survey control groups you will know that they are reading what I am writing right now over at GM. If there is demand for it they will build it! Keep it easy though ladies & gentlemen. Be reasonable... How about a Z06 motor in a 2011 Camaro Z28? 505HP is more that enough for the ZETA platform... anything more would likely require considerably more work and reinforcements ie gearing suspension etc. Any takes??

Recap:
2011 Z28, Z06 Motor, 6 Speed Option only, Special emblems, RS Package Standard, 2SS Options Only, No moonroof (505HP does not need a moonroof!), MSRP $43,000??? Any takers? 5000 less than GT500... much better fuel economy and motor! Maybe add special hood or front diffuser?
bourq100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 11:25 PM   #797
camarokidz28

Drives: 1996 z28
^^^ put me down for one of those
camarokidz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 11:46 PM   #798
Chemical

Drives: 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bourq100 View Post
For those of us who have been in the survey control groups you will know that they are reading what I am writing right now over at GM. If there is demand for it they will build it! Keep it easy though ladies & gentlemen. Be reasonable... How about a Z06 motor in a 2011 Camaro Z28? 505HP is more that enough for the ZETA platform... anything more would likely require considerably more work and reinforcements ie gearing suspension etc. Any takes??

Recap:
2011 Z28, Z06 Motor, 6 Speed Option only, Special emblems, RS Package Standard, 2SS Options Only, No moonroof (505HP does not need a moonroof!), MSRP $43,000??? Any takers? 5000 less than GT500... much better fuel economy and motor! Maybe add special hood or front diffuser?

I'm not unreasonable, I'd take one of those... but why not aim for the moon. The CTS-V has 550 HP, why not the Camaro? Just a thought.

... I am aware that everything else would need to be upgraded but still... why not?
Chemical is offline   Reply With Quote