Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 02-04-2020, 12:00 PM   #1
mlsaylor

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro
2014 Camaro LS (v6 6 spd) 1LE differential swap

I've got a 2014 Camaro LS 6 speed car. I've slowly converted it over into a 1LE v6 over the years. I've finally got to the rear differential. I bought a low mile differential chunk out of a 14 1LE. I've saw multiple posts about people with automatics doing the differential conversion with a lot more steps involved. It's to my understanding that once I change the rear chunk out the axles in the car I have now will work but will not be as stout as the SS/1LE cars. I occasionally drive the car on the weekends and I do a few track days throughout the year in the car. So I've got a few questions?
1.) is it indeed a simple swap that only involves me changing the differential out as well as the bolts that bolt the driveshaft into the differential (I've read were they were single use) then sliding the axle shafts back into the differential and going about my way (after re-calibrating the speedo)?
2. is it worth it to upgrade the axle shafts if its not already mandatory that I do? I believe if I do I also have to change the wheel hub bearings for both side?
3. is this a project better suited for the dealership or can I do this at home?
4. has anyone done this to a v6 car so far and I just over looked the process?
5. does anyone have anything to say about the 3.91 gearing for the v6 cars?

This is my first actual post in on the forum. I've read multiple inputs from other members on many subjects and appreciate the help that its given me. I'm sorry if I've overlooked something similar to this page and this is repetitive. So thanks for any advice anyone can give me!
mlsaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 03:48 PM   #2
bmcquill

Drives: 2014 1LS
Welcome. If someone doesn't chime in I would try the facebook groups. "5th Gen Camaro V6 Performance Group" or "Camaro V6 Performance 5th and 6th gen". Both of them have a few recent posts about diff swaps
Old 02-05-2020, 10:45 AM   #3
mlsaylor

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro
Thanks, I'll do that!
mlsaylor is offline   Reply With Quote