Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 03-09-2011, 04:31 PM   #15
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Drives: 2014 CTS-V Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle.Gilmour View Post
That was the same day wasnt it! Did we meet that day? Its hard to remember.. i kind of blacked out after i sat in the IOM 2SS

hmm, well thats weird.. mine looks crooked.. well yours sort of does too in the first pic. Guess it will fit.. or we will leave it up to Owen to make sure it works.
I never laid eyes on mine in person, but they both look slightly crooked. Maybe it's the angle of your pic because it looks slightly more crooked than mine. Either way, it'll look good once it's in because mine sure does. You'll love it!

Side note, I need to call the tech support line of the company that makes the gauges. My AFR gauge has recently started bouncing all over the damn place. I'll be idling and it'll jump from 11 to 19 to 14 to 10.....and it's even gotten stuck at 47.5 on a few occasions. I spoke with Andy and he said that it was odd for it to do that, but that it may need calibrated.
WadeWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 04:42 PM   #16
Kyle.Gilmour
Charter Circle Member

Drives: 427 LSX- with TWINS
Location: Back in Michigan!! Do miss ATX and my Tejas friends
Send a message via AIM to Kyle.Gilmour
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shardik2SS View Post
Maybe it's the angle of your pic because it looks slightly more crooked than mine.

I spoke with Andy and he said that it was odd for it to do that, but that it may need calibrated.
maybe.. but that the crookedness is still there head on. you can see the difference in distance from screen to edge.
Hmm, that is weird.. something needs to be calibrated for sure

but enough about that... I am sure it will be perfect once on.
Old 03-09-2011, 04:47 PM   #17
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Bro, I'm glad you finally got this going.... Cant wait to see you again, it's been forever... I leave Saturday for Brazil... But I feel confident we can hook up as soon as I get back. I'll only be gonee three weeks this time... so I'll be home around the 5th off April...Get to pick Brandi up then...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 04:51 PM   #18
Camaro21

Drives: SOLD - 2013 M6 ZL1
Kyle,

You left out the part where a guy from Dallas that you didn't know that well came to Austin and picked you up and brought you back to Dallas to get your car (that wasn't ready yet) and aligned the car for ya. I can't remember that guys name off the top of my head, but I heard he is AWESOME !!
Camaro21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 04:57 PM   #19
Kyle.Gilmour
Charter Circle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Bro, I'm glad you finally got this going.... Cant wait to see you again, it's been forever... I leave Saturday for Brazil... But I feel confident we can hook up as soon as I get back. I'll only be gonee three weeks this time... so I'll be home around the 5th off April...Get to pick Brandi up then...
drive to San Antonio tonight? come with?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro21 View Post
Kyle,

You left out the part where a guy from Dallas that you didn't know that well came to Austin and picked you up and brought you back to Dallas to get your car (that wasn't ready yet) and aligned the car for ya. I can't remember that guys name off the top of my head, but I heard he is AWESOME !!

oh shit.. EDIT
Old 03-09-2011, 05:01 PM   #20
Camaro21

Drives: SOLD - 2013 M6 ZL1
Quote:

oh shit.. EDIT
Camaro21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 05:16 PM   #21
quick89

Drives: 5.3 ls based 89 gmc 1500 sierra
Glad to see this thread finally come up!
just in case you guys dont know who i am this is Cody Smith that Kyle is talking about
i am no longer at xtreme and have not been there since August of 2010 glad to not be there any more allot of stuff happened that i did not agree with and took allot of crap i had nothing to do with.
Kyle is a awesome guy and im glad to stay a great friend, the car turned out amazing man next time your in DFW let me know gotta go for a ride. Also if any of you guys have questions please feel free to pm me, anyone that has met me and talked to me knows that i am a honest up front tell it how it is guy i dont beat around the bush or rip people off
I don't want my name to be associated with xhp and the bad rap that they have because i had nothing to do with the bad rep that they have, i have always been honest and up front with everyone i dealt with and will do that the rest of my life even if that costs me my job, in the end what goes around comes around and i am a strong believer in this. i have been screwed over in the past and i know how it feels, everyone i ever dealt with while working there i treated them the same way i would be expected to be treated.
sorry about the rant guys i just want to make sure everyone knows that i had nothing to do with what had been going on there i did not agree with what was going on and in the end cost me my job but hey i move on and i am doing better now than i would have ever been there
if you guys need anything or have any questions for me please ask them
Cody Smith
quick89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 05:17 PM   #22
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:

oh shit.. EDIT
My last few nights in town, thought I would spend them with Debbie...
Thanks for the offer though...and if we can work out the details, I'll be shipping my 18 inch wheels and tires to joes nephews house in Chandler... That will save me from driving the rubber off of them on the way out there...

We need to get together on a departure time from Austin for the 13th... My plan is to go through JC, Fred, and Harper, on to IH 10 near Segovia and meet up with the SA Houston etc folks before Junction... I'm figuring around an 8:00 to 8:30 departure time... Maybe we hook up at the Homedepot in Dripping Springs... meet up with Happy Pappy and head out...

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

Old 03-09-2011, 05:26 PM   #23
Kyle.Gilmour
Charter Circle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
We need to get together on a departure time from Austin for the 13th... My plan is to go through JC, Fred, and Harper, on to IH 10 near Segovia and meet up with the SA Houston etc folks before Junction... I'm figuring around an 8:00 to 8:30 departure time... Maybe we hook up at the Homedepot in Dripping Springs... meet up with Happy Pappy and head out...
I am up for anything, just holler

Quote:
Originally Posted by quick89 View Post
sorry about the rant guys i just want to make sure everyone knows that i had nothing to do with what had been going on there i did not agree with what was going on and in the end cost me my job
I'll second that.. thanks for all that you did do Cody.
Old 03-09-2011, 05:54 PM   #24
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
just in case you guys dont know who i am this is Cody Smith that Kyle is talking about
Glad to hear you've moved on and up.. Kudos to you...

Quote:
That was the same day wasnt it! Did we meet that day? Its hard to remember.. i kind of blacked out after i sat in the IOM 2SS
Same day... we met briefly as I was talking to your buddy that was there with you. I was there w/ Superman09 from College Station...

...and yes the IOM w/ CGM stripes had us all drooling

Shoot me your flight info and I'll pick you up... I need to go that way and see how my car is progressing too...

P.S. I heard they took yours off the Dyno so mine could go on first...
Old 03-09-2011, 06:07 PM   #25
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
i am no longer at xtreme and have not been there since August of 2010 glad to not be there any more allot of stuff happened that i did not agree with and took allot of crap i had nothing to do with.
Kyle is a awesome guy and im glad to stay a great friend, the car turned out amazing man next time your in DFW let me know gotta go for a ride. Also if any of you guys have questions please feel free to pm me, anyone that has met me and talked to me knows that i am a honest up front tell it how it is guy i dont beat around the bush or rip people off
I don't want my name to be associated with xhp and the bad rap that they have because i had nothing to do with the bad rep that they have, i have always been honest and up front with everyone i dealt with and will do that the rest of my life even if that costs me my job, in the end what goes around comes around and i am a strong believer in this. i have been screwed over in the past and i know how it feels, everyone i ever dealt with while working there i treated them the same way i would be expected to be treated.
sorry about the rant guys i just want to make sure everyone knows that i had nothing to do with what had been going on there i did not agree with what was going on and in the end cost me my job but hey i move on and i am doing better now than i would have ever been there
if you guys need anything or have any questions for me please ask them
Cody Smith
A good endorsement from Kyle is enough for me...Welcome to the insanity...

Old 03-09-2011, 06:13 PM   #26
Kyle.Gilmour
Charter Circle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post

P.S. I heard they took yours off the Dyno so mine could go on first...

well they couldnt dyno tonight because my gauges has a true wideband, so it is a difficult install. so there... you can have it... didnt want it anyway. haha

I land at 6:05, put the flight in your thread.
Old 03-09-2011, 06:16 PM   #27
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:

well they couldnt dyno tonight because my gauges has a true wideband, so it is a difficult install. so there... you can have it... didnt want it anyway. haha

I land at 6:05, put the flight in your thread.
We'll get the numbers tomorrow then... Your limo will be waiting...
Old 03-09-2011, 06:17 PM   #28
Kyle.Gilmour
Charter Circle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
We'll get the numbers tomorrow then... Your limo will be waiting...
you are a DEER

Tags
427, camaro of the week, detroit, gilmour, texigan, the circle, the mother of all twins