Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 05-29-2013, 03:27 PM   #1
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
Thumbs down DO NOT hire Nikki McLaughlin to design a show board/shirt for you-- THIEF!

Hello all. So this is a last resort and I'm very sad to say that it has come this far.

At the beginning of April I had a few friends who had paid Nikki McLaughlin (NikkiJMcLaughlin on FB, also does business as DGD or DYNAMIC GRAPHIC DESIGNS) to design car show display boards and t-shirts for them. I decided to give it a shot and paid her $50.

It took her over two weeks to get me an email of the rough draft of the design, which looked less than satisfactory (I can post a pic here-- it was awful, and it was the only thing I ever got from her. A low-res, small JPG with incorrect grammar and spelling and stolen artwork). So I sent her revisions-- this was at the end of April.

It is now the end of May and I have received no proofs, no board, and nothing but lies from her. I have found out that there are several members of the Oklahoma Camaro Club and various other Camaro clubs who she also did the same thing to-- they paid for boards and designs and never received them. One person even got emailed a draft from her that was full of stolen artwork she ripped off the internet.

When I approached her about a refund as politely as possible, she became hostile, and later attacked me and several other members of our group to whom she owed either refunds or boards. She tried to tell me she shipped the board to me two weeks ago, but I still have not received it. She also said she would refund me almost two weeks ago, but then she just stopped talking to me, and now she continues to ignore my requests for a refund. I have escalated it to a PayPal claim, and several others (some of whom are C5 members) have had to do the same because she is denying refunds to people and just coming up with a myriad of excuses, or blocking/ignoring them. She has stolen hundreds of dollars from Camaro owners.

She has now taken my money, blocked me and refuses to reply to me. She has done the same to a couple other members of my Camaro club. I have proof of all of this, in the form of screenshots of emails between her and I before she stopped responding. I will be more than happy to post them, and I hope my friends who she also lied to and stole from will post here. Please, don't give her any of your money, because she will do to you exactly what she did to all of us, which is steal your money and just disappear. When we blocked her from our Camaro club's Facebook pages she started making fake Facebook names/aliases and requesting to join, after telling one of our members she "has spies everywhere and will bring you down!!!!!" for threatening to expose her for the thief and fraud she is.

You have been warned. I am sickened by her actions. It's worthwhile to note, her "DGD" (Dynamic Graphic Designs) page has now disappeared from Facebook.

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 03:33 PM   #2
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

I've asked some others who were victims of her fraud to come post their experiences, too.

Old 05-29-2013, 03:37 PM   #3
OKCwhiteKnight

Drives: 2010 2LT RS Camaro 2015 Colorado
Paid her ( Dynamic Graphic Designs) through Paypal over a month ago for a poster, nothing but excuses and I find out I'm not the first.I attempted to contact her, but she had unfriended me on FB and also removed DGD as well.

OKCwhiteKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 03:37 PM   #4
Brettzel

Drives: #null
Sorry to hear. I would like to see what she ended up giving you before you requested a refund and such. I can certainly try and help out with the display boards and shirts, if you would like, free of charge, because of your troubles (unless you would like to "donate"). I do a bit of photography and graphic design stuff outside of school. Send me a pm if you are interested.
Brettzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 03:38 PM   #5
mikeyg36

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533
Hope PayPal can fix this for you. What did the original design look like?
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 03:39 PM   #6
Brettzel

Drives: #null
Quote:
Originally Posted by OKCwhiteKnight View Post
Paid her ( Dynamic Graphic Designs) through Paypal over a month ago for a poster, nothing but excuses and I find out I'm not the first.I attempted to contact her, but she had unfriended me on FB and also removed DGD as well.
Feel free to send me a pm as well, with what you wanted to get done, and I can work with you in my spare time..
Brettzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 03:44 PM   #7
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Fortunately, I have a friend who did a new board for me which is a VAST improvement. Here is the old design, from her.

When three weeks went by and I got no revisions to this design I started to question her. Then a couple weeks later she tries to tell me "oh I sent you the board already" when I asked her for a refund, even though she never even sent me a proof of the revisions for me to review. That board has never showed up, LOL. Lie after lie. Piss-poor way to do business.

Old 05-29-2013, 03:46 PM   #8
angie7
Smoked by a GIRL

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
You too huh? I got 2 prints, both blurred beyond belief (will post pics at the bottom). I ordered my board April 8. A few weeks later I received my first copy. It was very blurry and had glue on the front. I asked her about it and she sent me another one. A few weeks later , print #2 was in. This one was so worse. It was so pixelated it was just a mess. I informed her of it again and she said she didn't notice a problem, she didn't even look at it, and agreed to send me #3 in a few days. I was suppose to receive it on a Thursday. On Thursday I asked her and she said it hasn't been sent out yet and will go out the following Monday. Well I was done by now. Its been a month and a half and I needed a board for that weekend bc I had a big show coming up. A friend offered to make me one as a favor. I decided to ask her for a refund and she got very angry. She was yelling in all caps, berating me basically. She did however agree to a refund. Then I guess she had a change of heart and called me a few dirty names, told me to back off and blocked me on fb. Stopped all contact w me. I filed a complaint thru PayPal which is now a claim where she lied to them in her description as well and again called me names.

She is extremely unprofessional, rude and not a good person. She's done this to several people. Buyer beware

Hers some pics of the print. This is exactly as it appears
Attached Images

Old 05-29-2013, 03:49 PM   #9
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Holy crap. I thought mine looked bad. I'd have gone off on her, too!

I'm still waiting for PayPal to refund me my money; I don't know why the heck it's taking so long. Has anyone gotten a refund through their claims process yet?

Old 05-29-2013, 04:08 PM   #10
SumWhite1LE
King of All

Drives: 2014 Summit White Z28 #275
Wow!!!! I hope you get your refund soon. Sorry to hear about your troubles.
SumWhite1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 04:24 PM   #11
NH 2012 SS/RS

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS L99 IBM
Thats Sucks to hear. I hope it works out well and you get your money back.

If you are looking to do it again, I highly recommend these guys.
They are right in my back yard in Manchester, NH. They are at lots of shows to promote their product. I met them at Word of Wheels in Boston this past year. They do it all on-line and my looks awesome.

The pictures look bad, it really is in focus and looks good...lol
I tried to do it next to the car to get the scale for you.

http://www.showboards.com

Name:  IMG_2920.jpg
Views: 2182
Size:  99.8 KB

Name:  IMG_2919.jpg
Views: 2178
Size:  98.8 KB

Name:  IMG_2918.jpg
Views: 2152
Size:  109.3 KB
NH 2012 SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 04:35 PM   #12
Swarm

Drives: 2013 Mustang V6
big fuzz for 50$

but really, that really bad work lol, no skills in this

looks embarrassing to show haha

[BBK LT Headers] [Trifecta Tune] [Injen Intake] [Black Iceloater] [MRT V2 Exhaust] [Sold]

Swarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 04:49 PM   #13
toesuf94

Drives: THR #11 E-force supercharged
Send a message via MSN to toesuf94
Sean T (01pewterz28 on this forum and others) makes beautiful show boards that look great and are pretty quick. Here's mine:
Attached Images

Old 05-29-2013, 05:06 PM   #14
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by angie7 View Post
You too huh? I got 2 prints, both blurred beyond belief (will post pics at the bottom). I ordered my board April 8. A few weeks later I received my first copy. It was very blurry and had glue on the front. I asked her about it and she sent me another one. A few weeks later , print #2 was in. This one was so worse. It was so pixelated it was just a mess. I informed her of it again and she said she didn't notice a problem, she didn't even look at it, and agreed to send me #3 in a few days. I was suppose to receive it on a Thursday. On Thursday I asked her and she said it hasn't been sent out yet and will go out the following Monday. Well I was done by now. Its been a month and a half and I needed a board for that weekend bc I had a big show coming up. A friend offered to make me one as a favor. I decided to ask her for a refund and she got very angry. She was yelling in all caps, berating me basically. She did however agree to a refund. Then I guess she had a change of heart and called me a few dirty names, told me to back off and blocked me on fb. Stopped all contact w me. I filed a complaint thru PayPal which is now a claim where she lied to them in her description as well and again called me names.

She is extremely unprofessional, rude and not a good person. She's done this to several people. Buyer beware

Hers some pics of the print. This is exactly as it appears
I'm sorry but I legit bust out laughing when I saw those pictures. How anyone can possibly produce something of such low quality, sell it, and not have any qualms about it is just beyond me.

Tags
wah