Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Other Generations > 3rd Generation Camaros

Old 07-28-2022, 10:36 PM   #43
Joe.G

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 6SP Ashen Grey
I kept all of the Original parts as well, I purchased the car in the early 90's and had it painted 3 times, the last time we completely stripped the car right to bare metal, the car has had 4 Different motors and I converted it from auto to Manual. The suspension was completely redone and most of it was Hotckis ( they used to offer a lot for the 3rd gen ). I swapped over to a 9 Bolt rear as well and added the 12 in 1LE Brake set up. I never had issues having the bigger HP and T-Tops but I did weld in South Side Machine Sub frame connectors and other bracing. I have a whole book about the car and what was done, Not much is stock. I really like 3RD Gens and you have a great platform to start with.
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
Hotckis 1" Springs & Chassis Max Brace
BMR Adjustable Swaybars,Trailing Arms, Adjustable Toe Rod, LCA & Z28 UCA Bushings Hendrix Solid Cradle Bushings
Pedders Radius Rod Inserts Strut tower brace
Hero Smoked Tail and 3rd Brake Light, Diode Dynamic SL1 Fog Lights
AeroForce Dual gauge/Autometer pillar mount.
Joe.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 10:59 PM   #44
The SS Godfather

Drives: 2010 CAMARO RS/SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by The SS Godfather View Post
NO WAY!!!! She can't be??? That is truly an amazing transformation!!!
FANTASTIC, WELL DONE!!!! Looks great line up in garage too
FUNNY , I was seeing what I wanted to see, Dam .... oh well maybe he may will get it looking like that ?
The SS Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2022, 09:03 PM   #45
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
Good news!!! I’ve got a new set of tires in the shop waiting for the refurbed rear GM wheel to arrive on Wednesday, then it will be time for it to have new shoes for the first time in a VERY long time. Im hoping to take it on its maiden voyage under my ownership back to the pawn shop I bought it from to show it to my buddy the week before Christmas. I need to do the soft brake hoses, a brake flush, coolant flush, and add friction modifier to the rear diff. I just rebuilt the alternator today because the rear bearing locked up and I didn’t want to hurt the originality of it by swapping in a reman or new piece. It is the same case, windings and shaft as original. It’s sat since October when the alternator locked up till today and it fired up and ran perfect even though it was less than 30* when i fired it back up. It started without any hesitation at all. I’m pretty excited for the maiden voyage. I’ll post a few pictures up in the coming days.

I’m debating keeping the two intact gatorbacks just cause. They have good tread and look old school. Purely for nostalgias sake.
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.

Last edited by Aqua Blue RS/SS; 12-12-2022 at 09:15 PM.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2022, 07:01 AM   #46
102SS
waiting at the tree

Drives: SIM 2010 2SS/RS A6
Thats great Aqua

Awesome rescue

Speaking of rescues is anyone watching the TV show Roadworthy Rescues?
102SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2022, 09:08 PM   #47
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Thanks man! It’s been a fun time. I love tinkering on these kinds of projects. I haven’t seen that show but I’ll definitely check it out.

More big progress today. I got the refurbed Wheel in and the tires mounted, balanced, and ready for install. I’m going to clean the hub faces and centering surfaces up to aid in wheel removal, the aluminum and steel aren’t too happy with each other right now. Also as soon as all the brake hoses come in from rockauto I’ll be ready to put it all back together and go for the first ride. I put it on my Hagerty policy today and titled and registered it. so I’m legal to go down the road.

I’ve been getting home after dark this week so I haven’t been able to take good pics but I’ll get them up soon.
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
Old 12-14-2022, 10:59 PM   #48
Tajefe Couple

Drives: Never just fly under the radar
Can't wait to see the pics and be interesting to hear your buddy at the pawn shops reaction. Enjoy that first cruise!!!
You've inspired me to get my 70k mile 1989 GTA back on the road after about 17 years of storage give or take. I've been having a mechanic help ALOT along the way if you would ever like an idea of how many grand$ it takes to do what you've done to yours almost identically. Wanted to do it all myself but with 2 shoulder surgeries, no lift yet, and life getting in the way just decided to bite the bullet and pay some labor$$$. After replacing the tank and entire fuel system wish I would've done the 4th gen swap you did.
Could I ask you a favor with a vacuum routing issue have been having trouble solving pretty please sir? Mice seem to like vacuum lines, thankfully that was all they liked.
The routing for your vacuum line coming off the heater control valve looks the same as my 5.7L. Can you tell me if that runs all the way back to the firewall on the passenger side and goes in there or does it T in somewhere. Been trying to figure out these eaten up and missing vacuum system lines for a while and any help would be appreciated. Please feel free to toss in a pic or send me one if you ever get a chance or would be so kind sir!
Mine once again also has life and runs but clearly still a work in progress then on to my 1988 GTA that has only been setting about 6 or 7 years
Once again much respect and to cool to see that Iroc resurrected, especially with the money they bring lately way more value than a GTA.
Old 12-14-2022, 11:47 PM   #49
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Thanks for the kind words, absolutely I can get some pics for you. This car is so original I’m beyond confident they haven’t been tampered with before. I should be back under the hood tomorrow or Friday, when I’m there I’ll get some for you. I’d love to see your GTA (x2 lol) progress, I’ve really come to love the third gens in both Pontiac and Chevy flavors this year. I can’t believe how much the Iroc values have come to life. I put a 10K policy on this car and I’m wondering if that is enough, I may revisit that in the coming months for sure.

You are right, I am pretty fortunate that I’ve got the abilities to do this kind of work on my own. No way in hell I could afford it any other way. I’m sorry to hear about your blowed up shoulders. As a mechanic for a living Im confident it’s only a matter of time for me as well unfortunately, it seems like most life long wrench turners deal with it at some point in time. At 34, age is on my side but it certainly won’t always be.
Old 12-15-2022, 06:44 AM   #50
102SS
waiting at the tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Blue RS/SS View Post
Thanks man! It’s been a fun time. I love tinkering on these kinds of projects. I haven’t seen that show but I’ll definitely check it out.

More big progress today. I got the refurbed Wheel in and the tires mounted, balanced, and ready for install. I’m going to clean the hub faces and centering surfaces up to aid in wheel removal, the aluminum and steel aren’t too happy with each other right now. Also as soon as all the brake hoses come in from rockauto I’ll be ready to put it all back together and go for the first ride. I put it on my Hagerty policy today and titled and registered it. so I’m legal to go down the road.

I’ve been getting home after dark this week so I haven’t been able to take good pics but I’ll get them up soon.
This guy also has a Youtube channel....Vice Grip Garage.

He acts like hick but he knows his stuff.
Old 12-15-2022, 07:45 AM   #51
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 102SS View Post
This guy also has a Youtube channel....Vice Grip Garage.

He acts like hick but he knows his stuff.
Ohh yes I’ve watched vice grip several times. I’m into 67-72 Chevy trucks when I’m not playing with Camaros. He did a YouTube episode where he got one of those trucks running and it was pretty entertaining.
Old 12-15-2022, 10:08 AM   #52
chevyz1
Wife named it "Ghost"

Drives: 2012 Camaro Summit White 2SS/RS M6
That's awesome Aqua! Doing a great job getting it back on the road. Exciting to see the progress and your rescue of it. Hope you got your little guy out there much of the time hanging with ya working on it. Those are awesome times with our kids!
Old 12-16-2022, 12:21 PM   #53
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyz1 View Post
That's awesome Aqua! Doing a great job getting it back on the road. Exciting to see the progress and your rescue of it. Hope you got your little guy out there much of the time hanging with ya working on it. Those are awesome times with our kids!
Yes sir the little dude and me have been messing with it together most of the way. He helped me pull the alternator and even still remembers what it is called haha. He helped me pull the tires last weekend and I’m sure will help me tomorrow when I jump back on it again. I’m hoping to have everything but the brake hoses done tomorrow as I am still waiting on them. I wish it was summer, these cold, short winter days suck for getting stuff done.
Old 12-16-2022, 07:23 PM   #54
Tajefe Couple

Drives: Never just fly under the radar
Hey Aqua, here are my 2 projects the '89 photographs better than it is. OEM spoiler still, so its cracked like they all do eventually, few dents, scratches, and a few small clear coat issues starting on the hood. It runs but not great yet still a work in progress. Have to get those vacuum lines sorted, tie rods, pitman, idler arm, shocks, struts, find the top plastic piece for the cracked heater box, new rear rotors yet, fix headlamp motors, get it to idle a little better, put my WS6 center caps back on and wheels cleaned up, etc.. Then maybe get it repainted. Interior is pretty good other than a sagging headliner and the wear on the seat from getting in/out. Amazingly everything still works inside including the hatch motor and power antenna(yeah know that's outside just shocked it still goes up/down). It was rode hard and put away wet as they use to say. I'd know since I was doing the riding in my 20's and drove it like I stole it but didn't give it the attention needed back then other than keeping it clean. Trying to resist the temptation of pulling parts from the '88 as some are a challenge to find right now. I'm certain will have way more in to the car than it's value, but can't put a price on the memories I have with some of my cars.
The '88 still setting in the storage corner of the shop was a Daddy-Daughter project we started. She's now in her mid 20's and a few hours from home. Progress suddenly stopped when my vision issues started and was declared legally blind and spent 5 years disabled. Luckily they have found a way to correct that but its not a permanent solution and I still go to bed and get up every day without being able to see a hand in front of my face. That's my excuse and the reason I'm back at it a bit with the cars while I can.
I have a 14 year old at home now and he can't wait to help out every time I go out and work on something. Think its cool you have a little one that wants to learn and is lucky to have a Dad willing to spend the time and teach him! Bet he can't wait to get behind that wheel like Dad. I'm sure he'll be there before you know it as those years start to fly by.
Best of luck and really have enjoyed seeing the progress and resurrection of your Iroc. Can't wait to see how far you take it.
Attached Images

Old 12-16-2022, 07:59 PM   #55
tartagliazl1

Drives: 2013 zl1 vert
This is my old 83z28 i restored. Sold it for my zl1
Attached Images

22% lower/ 2.5 upper/ 2” headers/ cat delete/ x-pipe/ 2 gallon x tank/ 100-3 pump/ fic 850/ dsx aux kit/ 103mm throttle body/ RPM 5” intake/ meth kit/ prometh lid injection/FI interchiller/ 160* stat/ ngk-7/ msd wires/ elite catch can/ tsp cam/ Che trunnions/ ported supercharger/ 1/2” lid spacer/ brick mod/BMR toe and trailing arms/ 751hp 757 tq SAE @17.3lb on a loaded dyno.
tartagliazl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2022, 05:41 AM   #56
102SS
waiting at the tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tajefe Couple View Post
Hey Aqua, here are my 2 projects the '89
I had a Fire Red 1988 GTA back in 91 and kept it for 5 years until I got my 94 TA GT

It was an L98 with digital dash and camel cloth interior.

Funny how GM called the color Fire Red when it was more of a Dark Cherry