Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-14-2020, 03:45 AM   #1
camzone

Drives: Chevrolet camaro
Chevrolet camaro V6 LFX Barometric pressure sensor location

Hello. I've got a 2012 Chevrolet Camaro LT. Car is after crash andbody works. Have an erros P2228 (Barometric Pressure Sensor Low Voltage) but cannot find this sensor. Can anybody help me to locate this sensor?
camzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2022, 12:11 PM   #2
stevenjay

Drives: 2014 Chevy Caprice PPV
The baro sensor that the trouble code is referring to is part of the multifunction air intake sensor. You could say it’s your mass airflow sensor but GM doesn’t call it that for this type/series of sensor. The “MAF” type sensor has a baro sensor in it to measure the barometric pressure of the air coming into the engine. This is not to be confused with the MAP sensor on the top of the intake manifold. That is a baro sensor also, but your trouble code is referring to the air intake tube sensor with the integrated baro sensor. I’ve attached a service manual screen shot of the P2227-P2230 DTC’s and what causes it to trigger. Well I couldn’t add the screenshot.

Last edited by stevenjay; 12-25-2022 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Updated post about picture
stevenjay is offline   Reply With Quote