Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 04-29-2019, 05:40 PM   #43
chevyjones

Drives: 2014 Chevrolet Camaro LS
I tried the "cut the white wire" solution, and it worked. Here's the video:

2014 Chevy Camaro LS
chevyjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 11:02 PM   #44
Cameron.kraus

Drives: 2013 Chevrolet Camaro Ls
Hey guys I have a similar problem. Sometimes I'll have to turn my radio off then on again for it to work. And sometimes when I turn the blinker on it will create static noise in the speakers alternating with the blinker. When I turn the blinker off, it's all static until I turn the car off and on again and it's fine for a couple days. What's going on??
Cameron.kraus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 12:31 PM   #45
Pnknlvr96

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro LS
Hey guys, I had the same problem with my 2015 LS, 55K miles. The radio cut off when I hit the brakes, the turn signal, or the windshield wipers. They couldn't figure it out a few months ago when I took it in to be diagnosed, but after price quotes from Car Toys to replace the radio were about $800 (yikes), I took it back to the dealer. After a few days they finally figured out it was the radio module that was causing an internal shortage. Part was $363, labor $210, plus I had a 15% off postcard, so $503 total. I'm ok with that, just glad it's working again.
Pnknlvr96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 12:47 PM   #46
Gripper

Drives: Camaro LS
Intermittent Radio Issue FIXED!!!!

Ok guys I’m new here and have experienced the radio problem as described above. I purchased a 2010 LS Synergy Green Camaro, shortly after buying it the radio began cutting out. Sometimes it would cut out when I used the turn signals, sometimes it would when I used the brakes and sometimes just at random. VERY ANNOYING!! Since I bought the car used I figure the battery had to be replaced at least twice. I’ve read where some have checked the battery grounds and fixed their issues. So I checked mine and the battery ground was fine HOWEVER, I noticed a red and black thin wire coming from what looked like an in-line fuse link. The red wire was connected to the positive battery post but the black wire was cleanly cut and NOT connected to anything!! So I stripped the black wire and connected it the the negative post and VIOLA, FIXED!! I’ve been driving the car for several weeks now and not one issue. I’ll try and attach a couple of pictures to show you!! I hope this helps someone frustrated with this annoying problem! I think whoever changed the battery forgot to reattach the ground wire. Double check yours if you have someone other than yourself change your battery!!
Attached Images

Last edited by Gripper; 07-27-2019 at 12:50 PM. Reason: Attached pictures
Gripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 11:18 PM   #47
Lscam14

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro LS
Radio Problems

Hey so I did as everyone was posting about cutting the white wire but my radio just got worse. And I noticed on a lot of videos that after unplugging the face plate a lot of the radios worked but mine doesn’t it still malfunctioning. Any help? It’s getting really annoying driving with the radio cutting on and off the whole time.
Lscam14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 09:05 AM   #48
Loublanco82

Drives: 2013 camaro ls
My 2013 camaro radio turns on and off for several minutes than the ac, heater, and aux work. I cant use radio stations or cd. I still have warranty so I went to chevy dealer and they did diagnostics for several hours but still they couldnt find anything. They called GM for assistance and GM said to reset the radio and......still didnt work. I found ways to reduce the time of the radio turning on and off from several minutes to less than a minute. I can still listen to music with aux but the sound has static and the volume of the car radio does not match the volume of the song. So if the car radio volume is at 42 but the volume of the song is probably at 30. I wish there was an easy fix for this, it is annoying but I'm started to get used to it lol
Loublanco82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
problem, radio