Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

HeadlightArmor
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 07-17-2010, 06:03 PM   #15
Kinetic Kev HWSE 2013

Drives: 2013 Hot Wheels Special Edition
Maybe you should have driven alittle further. the closest one isn't always the best one.
Kinetic Kev HWSE 2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 06:08 PM   #16
qhris

Drives: 2013 White 2SS 1LE
I'm really surprised, Selman is my dealer as well and they replace anything that comes up. I would go back, and ask for Mike. He will hook you up. They should pay for anything faulty under warranty.
qhris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 07:37 PM   #17
MaroSS
ZL1

Drives: 10' SS/RS - Sold; 15' White ZL1
dang sorry to hear about this man. I think that that is a bad dealer to go to if they cant help at all what since does that make. I would avoid them bro.
Old 07-17-2010, 07:49 PM   #18
Dion_1969

Drives: ABM 2SS/RS LS3
Send a message via Yahoo to Dion_1969
Had the same issue with mine. The first time I took it to Ferman in Tarpon Springs Fl. they told me not to set my laptop or cell on the seat because it would interfere with the sensor. I was an avionics tech in the Navy so I know this is is a load of crap. The next time I had the same dance you did "our guy isnt here today". There is a service bulletin on this now. They have to rerun the wires under the seat.
Old 07-18-2010, 12:37 AM   #19
2010SSRSM6

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
Very well written. I would have gone completely out of my mind. Hope it is resolved quickly.
Old 07-18-2010, 03:23 AM   #20
H3LLJumper

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS VIN#11184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwantone2 View Post
Yeah, I pressed the OnStar button and they told me that it could possibly mean that "the airbag system might be faulty..." But they couldn't tell if something was loose or if the airbag might blow up in my face at any moment

The dealership in question was Selman Chevrolet in Orange, CA. I just wasn't sure if I could drop names. Thanks guys! I was seriously debating if I should conjure up what I learned from my cussing-mentor, Christian Bale
Sounds like them. I had a similar issue. Also, once they had installed my new grill they couldn't find my car for 50 minutes...
Lingenfelter 550 HP TVS2300 Supercharger Package, Hennessey CAI, Pedders Extreme XA Drag Package and Sway Bars (waiting to take delivery) Painted gills, stripe, and bow ties, tinted windows to 30%, smoked lights, Orange headlight/fog light halos, NOWEEDS, and GMPP Exhaust
H3LLJumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 09:06 AM   #21
~Stacy~

Drives: 14 camaro 16 sentra
Service

Sounds like a dealer that doesn't give a rip about the customer. I been there and done that with other dealers before. I have been blessed so far *knock on wood* with the camaro not having any issues the last 5600 miles but the only problem I have run across is my splinter keeps on falling off. The dealer has taken care of me the last two times I have went back and was willing to fix with little or no questions asked. Good luck and hopefully you will get somewhere quick
~Stacy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 09:10 AM   #22
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
did you wash the engine?
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 09:15 AM   #23
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwantone2 View Post
Yeah, I pressed the OnStar button and they told me that it could possibly mean that "the airbag system might be faulty..." But they couldn't tell if something was loose or if the airbag might blow up in my face at any moment

The dealership in question was Selman Chevrolet in Orange, CA. I just wasn't sure if I could drop names. Thanks guys! I was seriously debating if I should conjure up what I learned from my cussing-mentor, Christian Bale

I just had this same issue in my wife's car. OnStar wasn't able to tell me what the problem was. It seem anytime she hit the gas or brake hard the light would go off. Took it into the dealer, took them all of 10 minutes to find the problem. The air bag sensor in the drivers seat was bad. They sent a new part overnight and was repaired the following day. The whole job took all of 30 minutes to fix ...
Old 07-18-2010, 09:57 AM   #24
gabraddock

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro Rally Yellow
That sucks! Such love and appreciation for their clients!
gabraddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 08:47 PM   #25
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOULI306 View Post
Personally i think a "relationship" will always be fake one. Dealers want to make money after all and will do a lot to get that!! I heard lots of people say "i trust my dealer" well that's just . When i saw the amounts of money they had to pay for very simple repairs.........just never trust a dealer. The only thing that can help is that you (or anybody with you) has a good technical level themselves. Than you know you get screwed when you hear their story!

As far as i am concerned a honest dealer is as hard to find as a unicorn!!!

Just my opinion
I hear you, but I don't agree. Lastest point from my side:

I called my dealer because my diffuser melted due to the position of my exhaust. They told me to bring it in as soon as I could so they could take a look at it, order any replacement parts and see what can be done to prevent the melting again. I pulled up and the service manager came right outside. He craweled all around the rear of the car and said he wanted to put it up on the lift if I could wait a little bit and see what kind of room they had to work with. While they were waiting for it to cool down, the service manager asked me to walk around to a couple of other Camaros with him to compare the exhaust position to mine.

Once they got it cooled down and up on the lift, they brought me back into the shop to look. They asked three service techs to come over to see what they thought. They asked me my opinion, told me what they thought and offered up a couple of options. I told them what I would like to see done and they did it. They agreed that what I was saying made sense and would resolve the issue. They asked me to drive the car some before they put the replacement diffuser on it and see if any additional melting occured. I also told them about a couple other items that I would like them to look into (like the TSB for the gurgling noise behind the glove box). They scheduled my car back in to take care of everything. Bottom line is that I do "trust" my dealer to work on my car. They have done everything I have asked to date and they have done it the way I asked them to do it.

I think there are a couple of keys to having this type of relationship. First, finding a dealer that you can feel comfortable with from the get-go. Meet the service manager and ask some questions. Second, treat them like you would like to be treated. Third, be an informed customer. Look at the service bulletin sites and see what is out there for your car. Print them out and take them to your dealer. I don't have to do that at my dealer, but I am saying that it shows the dealer that you know what is going on with your car (at least at some level). My dealer usually hands me the TSB paperwork when I come.

Anyway, I am sorry that you feel like you can't trust your dealer or that you feel like you can't have a relationship. Maybe my case is a rare one, but I did both of those things. I think it is possible for others too.
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 09:48 PM   #26
2010SSRSM6

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
What was the final outcome?
Old 08-05-2010, 04:02 PM   #27
SILVER BULLITT

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SS/RS MONSTER
yah man what happened ???
HP MONSTER' SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA BUILT, LMR CAI, CUSTOM GRIND CAM, CUSTOM BUILT CNC PORTED AND POLISHED HEADS, FAST 102MM INTAKE MANIFOLD,ARH LONG TUBES AND HIGH FLOW CATS, BIGGER INJECTORS, VALVES SPRINGS RETAINERS, MGW SHORT SHIFTER, EIBACH SPRINGS, FACTORY CHROMED WHEELS, BLACKED OUT EMBLEMS, BLACKED OUT ROOF,BLACKED OUT MARKERS, 3.5 INCH ELECTRONIC CUTOUTS, FLOWMASTERS, ZEX WET 150 SHOT, FOR A GRAND TOTAL OF =630 REAR WHEEL TORQUE ,AND 600 REAR WHEEL HORSEPOWER
MY JOURNALhttp://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...02#post2023802 SOON TWIN TURBO SETUP
SILVER BULLITT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 04:14 PM   #28
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
I tried some of the suggestions above and the light has not come back on again...

Oh...and i'm still EFFING PISSED!!!!

Last edited by Iwantone2; 08-05-2010 at 04:49 PM.
Iwantone2 is offline   Reply With Quote