Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-20-2015, 12:48 PM   #15
c5Legend
Camaro5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
No wonder salesman are out here winning lol

My Build
'11 Chrysler 300 Limited / '10 Camaro 2LT
c5Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 01:31 PM   #16
Sandman1969

Drives: 2015 2SS Red Hot Adrenaline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrando View Post
I don't know how old your image is but today the base price for a 1LT is $27,000.
I got the same numbers as CAM too. Perhaps the 27k includes the Destination of 995, which would make the difference.

2015 2SS Red Hot Adrenaline
Sandman1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 02:26 PM   #17
NYCamOwner
"Katy"

Drives: 2014 2LT A6 'Vert
Quote:
I don't know how old your image is but today the base price for a 1LT is $27,000.
I just did it this morning.. If you add the MSRP plus the delivery charges, that comes to $27,000

Possible next mods:
Throttle Body
Exhaust

Upstate C5 Member

No, that is not me in the avatar..... I just love hot girls and hot cars.... or hot girls IN hot cars....
NYCamOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 02:34 PM   #18
Backspin9

Drives: The red one
My 15 1LT/RS came with a sunroof, nav, rear vision package, and a fee other things. List was about $33000 and I got it for $27500 before taxes. That was a pretty good deal and I can't imagine someone paying full (or over ) list price. When stuff like this happens it's no wonder people hate buying cars and hate dealing with salesmen.
Backspin9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 02:55 PM   #19
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
I am constantly amazed at what people will buy without doing their research before-hand. When I traded my '12 1LT for my '13 1SS, I knew more about both cars than the salesman did - much more. We talked for a long time about the specifics and differences and he later thanked me for schooling him.

When I ordered my car, the dealer didn't know what a 1LE was. I said, 'no problem, let me see the order screen and we can do this together.' No excuses for not knowing what you are buying these days.

Yes. Do this and you will know all of the features of you particular car. Matthew is providing a great service to C5 members... no charge.
Great advice here!
Old 08-20-2015, 02:57 PM   #20
Baba

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawman007 View Post
Wait guys, he purchased it in DC. I'd be willing to bet you pay twice as much as anywhere else, say Michigan.

I think the 2015s each had two sub trim levels. 1LS, 2LS, 1LT, 2LT, 1SS and 2SS. The 2 sub trim levels were the higher end, leather seats standard, etc.

My advice is to go to the Chevy website and try to track down the manufacturing codes on the window sticker, those would be the two letter codes at the bottom I believe. This is also the only way you are going to find out exactly A. what is installed on the vehicle and B. what you paid for. Let's hear what you dig up/find out. If worse comes to worse, you might be able to Google it. Did you Carfax it? Was this new or used, did you order it or drive it off the lot, was it inventory? If you go to the website, it should even tell you what was included in the RS package. I ordered mine with the RS package in 2011, they do change slightly as improvements are made. For mine it was mostly the headlights and brakelights, rain gutters which were the same color as the paint, and the 20" wheels with P-Zeros, steering wheel and shifter were leather wrapped. I think that was about it, if I forgot anything let me know.
There are no new vehicle dealerships in DC. Unless he bought used, he either purchased it in Maryland or Virginia (if he purchased it nearby).

OP: You can go to any Chevrolet dealership's service department and have a "build sheet" printed for you. That will tell you everything the car came with from the factory, the codes for each item and the day it was built.
3 Pedals
Build Date: 06/27/2011

Purchased: 07/30/2011
Title Received: 08/15/2011

1984 Camaro (3rd Gen.): Traded: 1987

"Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss."
Baba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 03:22 PM   #21
SSJ455

Drives: "Kara Zor-El" 2017 2SS HBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba View Post
There are no new vehicle dealerships in DC. Unless he bought used, he either purchased it in Maryland or Virginia (if he purchased it nearby).

OP: You can go to any Chevrolet dealership's service department and have a "build sheet" printed for you. That will tell you everything the car came with from the factory, the codes for each item and the day it was built.
Not an issue since this troll doesn't own a Camaro. At least he didn't spell it "Camero".
Dangerzoooooone.

SSJ455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 03:59 PM   #22
BALLIBHAI

Drives: Blue color, RS, Performance Exhaust
Thank you for your great support guys it means aot. I am starting to like this website. 😀

As for what some of you guys asked me. I bought this car in DC brand new. It was selling out and the dealer was giving out good price on this vehicle. I bought the car with down payment around 27900. The car msrp (which I listed above) is 35000 but I did some negotiation - it was a huge challenge and drop the price down to 30,989 but still it is expensive, but since the car was soooo SEXY looking I didn't wait to buy it. I will upload the pic soon since I am new here I am trying to learn the site.

So my issue with this car is IT DOESN'T have a back up camera included and navigation system BUT i do see a camera attached to the back of the bumper. The dealer told me it not not PREWIRED, I don't know what's that?? ALSO... when I bought the car on the sticker price it says the car takes 19 gallon. BUT when I fill it up it goes till 14.5 gallon, that is it. not more than that. I talked to the dealer But He said it depends on the weather. - that is soo ****ing weird.

So since you guys own camaro I need you guys to tell me how much gallon full tank your car takes and how many miles do you get on the display?

NOTE: my car gives 270 miles not more than that.

AND THANK YOU SO MUCH GUYS FOR TAKING THE TIME OUT OF YOUR DAY AND HELPING ME OUT.😊😀😁😃😆
BALLIBHAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 04:07 PM   #23
BALLIBHAI

Drives: Blue color, RS, Performance Exhaust
My car details.

Transmission: automatic.
Performance exhaust packages
RS packages
Remote starter - the dealer said is optional and it comes separately

IT DOESN'T HAVE
HUD
Leather seat
Racing gadgets
Navigation
Back up camera
Sun roof
BALLIBHAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 04:23 PM   #24
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
You should have gotten one with racing gadgets. Those are cool.
Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 05:22 PM   #25
Foxfire15

Drives: 2015 2LT/RS BVM
Quote:
I have no idea to the backup camera. I don't know why the factory would install it if it wasn't ordered. Do you have the rear proximity sensors? They look like 4 plastic plugs spread along the bumper.

The tank is 18.9 gallons. When the Low Fuel message comes on I can usually put in ~16 gallons. IIRC the most I ever put in was ~17.5.

Weather may make a difference, when it is hot there are more vapors and the pump could kick off sooner.
Weather thing seems like a stretch to me. It's been 110+ here the last week or so and I regularly put in 16-17 gallons. Heat should not have any meaningful impact.
Foxfire15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 05:37 PM   #26
Ice-Forever

Drives: "Bette White" '11 2SS/RS LS3
How come I never get any customers like this...?

- Bette White - '11 2SS/RS LS3 /w Driver-Mod, Hurst Short Throw, Rx CC+1LE CSS, Hawk HPS Pads, Apex Motorsports SkipShift Elim, Gen5DIY DRL Harness+P13W/11W/4300K Fogs/DRLs; Otherwise stock - Soon to be spoiled
Ice-Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 05:49 PM   #27
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Quote:
Originally Posted by BALLIBHAI View Post
Thank you for your great support guys it means aot. I am starting to like this website. 😀

As for what some of you guys asked me. I bought this car in DC brand new. It was selling out and the dealer was giving out good price on this vehicle. I bought the car with down payment around 27900. The car msrp (which I listed above) is 35000 but I did some negotiation - it was a huge challenge and drop the price down to 30,989 but still it is expensive, but since the car was soooo SEXY looking I didn't wait to buy it. I will upload the pic soon since I am new here I am trying to learn the site.

So my issue with this car is IT DOESN'T have a back up camera included and navigation system BUT i do see a camera attached to the back of the bumper. The dealer told me it not not PREWIRED, I don't know what's that?? ALSO... when I bought the car on the sticker price it says the car takes 19 gallon. BUT when I fill it up it goes till 14.5 gallon, that is it. not more than that. I talked to the dealer But He said it depends on the weather. - that is soo ****ing weird.

So since you guys own camaro I need you guys to tell me how much gallon full tank your car takes and how many miles do you get on the display?

NOTE: my car gives 270 miles not more than that.

AND THANK YOU SO MUCH GUYS FOR TAKING THE TIME OUT OF YOUR DAY AND HELPING ME OUT.😊😀😁😃😆

Congrats on being a new Camaro owner ,Dont feel bad that you dont know a lot about your car , You can learn , I learned a ton since I bought my car,There are members on here that are amazing in the knowledge of these cars ,Many members can help you out and if you look at the right forums the answers more than likely there already. As far as backup cameras , you should be able to get by without them with practice, I never had one and a couple of times had a rental and tried to use them and I hit what I was backing up to when it was not suppose to hit . I suppose the tech is better now , but your eyes are good also . As far as gas if you are on the Interstate expect to get 30 mpg no problem , City I wouldnt know or care . Like most cars they give you plenty of gas to0 get to a station to not run out , Most on this site will never let it get below a 1/4 tank before refilling so it wont be sucking gas from the bottom of the tank .
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 06:09 PM   #28
jcampos

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro SS
Did the salesman use lube? Or did he just dry dog you? Lmao!
jcampos is offline   Reply With Quote